Vegan diet

I’ve been mostly plant based since last October. Christmas and Vegas were vegan free zones. 😊

My cardio is greatly improved, much less sides when on and daily aches and pains have pretty much disappeared.

I’m always hungry but that is nothing new but rarely feel stuffed and bloated.

Never preach to anyone and don’t do it for political reasons.

Funny story related to this. We had a large family get together before Christmas and I was explaining to a couple of my uncles about my diet. They asked “Are you going to stop hunting ?”

I said of course not. 🤷‍♂️

“But what will you do with the birds you shoot ?”

Give them to you guys like I’ve pretty much always done. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I’ve been mostly plant based since last October. Christmas and Vegas were vegan free zones. 😊

My cardio is greatly improved, much less sides when on and daily aches and pains have pretty much disappeared.

I’m always hungry but that is nothing new but rarely feel stuffed and bloated.

Never preach to anyone and don’t do it for political reasons.
Supps?

Take vegan protein powder usually twice a day, and just a multivitamin.

Currently running, well just started

600 mg Test E
450 mg Primo E
150 mg Mast E

May pull back a bit based on the gym closing this morning.

I’ve never had issues gaining mass just getting lean. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Cog
I hate to admit it on here but here goes... I've been a veggie for over thirty years and started on a plant based diet (I don't ever use that cringy "V" term) around five years later so for over twenty-five years. I know I could probably do much better if I ate some regular food but it's just a diet and I don't think of it much really. I just have to try a little harder and work out hard.

I would never promote this type of diet or preach to anyone as those people can be extremely annoying to others and I am mostly embarrassed about it. That's why I never add info. about m diet on here. This is the first I have spoke about it. I am only posting to hopefully get rid of at least some of the stereotypes if possible - even though many are probably true for many but now all. Please don't hate and feel free to make fun of me all you want. :)

Thank you & good luck to all,

OD

Judging by your avatar you are a pretty damn good example of success for the "V" way, congrats sir!

I've been doing a little math, having eliminated the retarded cost of meat I'm now thinking I can actually afford Primo. :oops:
Omg our entire grocery bill now is about the cost of just what we used to spend in meat.

There's odd things like nutritional yeast & cashews Wich are the biggest expense.
But still nothing even close to what it was before

Damn guys lol there a few people that I would of never guessed were vegan lol. Some of you are big guys.

So far my kids haven't complained once yet.
They did with the cheese tonight because cheese isn't made out of potatoes & cashews lmao. But they actually like this.

I found a bunch of actually really good dishes
forks over knives
it's a website you guys need to check out.

Aside from learning a whole new area of cooking
I'm finding that less food is starting to fill me up vs before. I'm hungry alot faster though.

two days ago I started mixing up eaa's and pea protein into 2l of water and I sip on it through out the day. Mio helps with the taste.

Omg our entire grocery bill now is about the cost of just what we used to spend in meat.

There's odd things like nutritional yeast & cashews Wich are the biggest expense.
But still nothing even close to what it was before

yeah I was a big steak eater and would spend easily $50-75 a week on meat. Mostly steak. 😏

Damn guys lol there a few people that I would of never guessed were vegan lol. Some of you are big guys.

They did with the cheese tonight because cheese isn't made out of potatoes & cashews lmao. But they actually like this.

forks over knives

I'm finding that less food is starting to fill me up vs before. I'm hungry alot faster though.

two days ago I started mixing up eaa's and pea protein into 2l of water and I sip on it through out the day. Mio helps with the taste.
Isolate is against the rules?

forks over knives

check out Jill McKeever Game Changer Cheese Sauce on Youtube. It like a nacho dip type cheese. I stick that shit in everything. No nuts. The ingredients like oats and roasted red peppers make no sense but man does it somehow work. The key to the recipe - have a blender like the vitamix (something high powered) and use hot water (that's the key to getting it thickened up)

.20200319_155215.jpg

Isolate is against the rules?
Lol not against the rules but with vegan protein is usually alot more than standard proteins.
If you can find it on sale it's not so bad.
Pea protein is the main source used in alot of vegan based protein powders.
I'm not against isolate I'm just cheap lol.

check out Jill McKeever Game Changer Cheese Sauce on Youtube. It like a nacho dip type cheese. I stick that shit in everything. No nuts. The ingredients like oats and roasted red peppers make no sense but man does it somehow work. The key to the recipe - have a blender like the vitamix (something high powered) and use hot water (that's the key to getting it thickened up)

.View attachment 4201
Thank you I will check it out, cheese is the one thing I'm trying to find a good replacement for.

I've got one that's close, but not quite there yet.

Agar & gellan or xantham gum work really nice to thicken
You could probly use agar to turn that into a shreadable brick of cheese

I don't know what pea protein sells for these days but a couple or so years back it was cheap as dirt, but that flavor, omg "earthy" is how they described it.

Lol yah it has that taste. But it's still better than when I used to drink chicken shakes, apple cider vinegar & lemon is also just a tasteful

Last edited:
Ok so to make it count the bread crumbs, spices & Dijon mustard covering the rack was vegan lmao.
Damn save on foods has .5kg frenched lamb racks on sale.
Sooooooooo does it count as a cheat day if I only ate 1 rack and maybe bought 6 more for later lol.

I swear I only went for frozen veggies.

Ok so to make it count the bread crumbs, spices & Dijon mustard covering the rack was vegan lmao.
Damn save on foods has .5kg frenched lamb racks on sale.
Sooooooooo does it count as a cheat day if I only ate 1 rack and maybe bought 6 more for later lol.

I swear I only went for frozen veggies.

Had meat lovers pizza yesterday. 😂

Lol yah it has that taste. But it's still better than when I used to drink chicken shakes, apple cider vinegar & lemon is also just a tasteful
Why go with pea protein,isolate is perfectly fine isn't it?