Vegan diet

Why go with pea protein,isolate is perfectly fine isn't it?

If you are trying to go truly plant based then whey protein is a by product of milk. I’ve bought the vegan protein from CP and it’s not bad but I usually only have shakes maybe twice a day.

I have a 2 pound plant base protein. I will be opening it up today.
My understanding is that these plant based proteins are not complete and that you will have to plan and add.Does isolate upset things that much?

My understanding is that these plant based proteins are not complete and that you will have to plan and add.Does isolate upset things that much?
leucine, valine, isoleucine. Basic amino acids
If you supplement with these you can run them just as good.
Mostly it's just leucine that the body needs the most.
Plant based protein don't have as good as a amino acid profile as animal based.

I don’t think I’ve ever had tofu.
When I ate the stuff back in 1998 for my show, I would add some to my horse meat or extra lean ground beef.
That was the only way I could get it down.
I have never ate it since then, so it tells you how yummy it is.;)

I hate to admit it on here but here goes... I've been a veggie for over thirty years and started on a plant based diet (I don't ever use that cringy "V" term) around five years later so for over twenty-five years. I know I could probably do much better if I ate some regular food but it's just a diet and I don't think of it much really. I just have to try a little harder and work out hard.

I would never promote this type of diet or preach to anyone as those people can be extremely annoying to others and I am mostly embarrassed about it. That's why I never add info. about m diet on here. This is the first I have spoke about it. I am only posting to hopefully get rid of at least some of the stereotypes if possible - even though many are probably true for many but now all. Please don't hate and feel free to make fun of me all you want. :)

Thank you & good luck to all,

OD
as a university student, when i had no money for beef, i just doubled-up my test injections, added-in EQ and winstrol and the nitrogen sparing from the gear helped considerably

@Damon I can't cook myself, but the wife got these two books for plant-based diets. Honestly some of the best food I've ever had.

apologies if I'm breaking any guidelines by posting these links, although I'm assuming none of the current sponsors carry any of these titles.. lol

never anticipated I'd be talking about plant-based diets when I signed up to this forum. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

look into the studies with tofu and the phyto-estrogen properties is has!

You may change your mind about tofu ( soys based protein) as a source, I wouldn't eat it if you paid me!

look into the studies with tofu and the phyto-estrogen properties is has!

You may change your mind about tofu ( soys based protein) as a source, I wouldn't eat it if you paid me!

Early studies on soy and how it affects estrogen levels were mostly done in rats. High doses of phytoestrogens have been shown to impair male rats’ ability to produce offspring, but the same effect hasn’t been found in humans. Since many of the concerns related to soy come from studies in rats and mice, it’s important to recognize that rodents metabolize soy isoflavones differently than humans, essentially making these studies inapplicable. (I'm sure we've all read studies on how negative steroids or sarms can be in rats, largely these studies have a directive before they even start) More recent studies in monkeys and humans show that soy isoflavones can bind to estrogen receptors in the body and cause either weak estrogenic or anti-estrogenic activity. Tofu and edamame have high levels of isoflavones. (that said soy milk has lower levels of isoflavones so I only drink it if it's in a smoothie) As a protein, soy protein is said to be "complete", containing all nine essential amino acids.

I'm not as passionate about soy as this post may lead you to believe. Just feel I've heard the argument that soy gives you bitch tits too many times.