Usman vs Masvidal I On For 251

My picks...

Masvidal
Volksanovski
Yan
Rose

I like this card....Fight Island looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wonder if the streams will work tonight with such an anticipation of individuals wanting to watch these fights or would it be better for me to pay the $70 on my laptop to watch it uninterrupted

I wonder if the streams will work tonight with such an anticipation of individuals wanting to watch these fights or would it be better for me to pay the $70 on my laptop to watch it uninterrupted

The two links I posted are the ones I've been using for the last 4-5 UFC events and they are full HD and if one cuts I always have another open to play just incase.

Ok, I know I am going to get crapped on here. I stopped watching UFC for about 3 years now cause I found a lot of the fighters were to afraid to lose most of the time rather than trying to end it quickly, so they didn't commit to any attacks. Like it was one kick or punch back and forth ... and when they went to the ground it was mostly hammer fists and very little Jui Jitsu action. Only a few fights would be good out of both the prelims and the main events and I would fast forward through the boring ones ( I record everything and watch later ... hate commercials) and watch each one for a bit to see if it was going to be a war or not. When I fought in TaekwonDo tournaments I always went for the kill even if it got me defeated, I was smart about it though as you always U always use your 2nd and third strike as your money strike, your first strike is mainly to get in. Another question is how come most UFC fighters don't know how to jab or box for that matter. When they punch they drop their shoulders and pop their chins up and seldom any of them have relatively short efficient punches ( some do - Hollaway for example) May be I am off base here but that is my opinion... right or wrong or in between. Now if you want to watch some rough fighting watch some Burmese fighting, LehWei it is called. These guys are aggressive as hell, the ring is very small, and if the guys don't attack the ref gets in there and tells them to fight. No gloves just hands wraps, head buts, elbows, knees, kicks and punches are allowed. Here's a link to see for yourself

Ok, I know I am going to get crapped on here. I stopped watching UFC for about 3 years now cause I found a lot of the fighters were to afraid to lose most of the time rather than trying to end it quickly, so they didn't commit to any attacks. Like it was one kick or punch back and forth ... and when they went to the ground it was mostly hammer fists and very little Jui Jitsu action. Only a few fights would be good out of both the prelims and the main events and I would fast forward through the boring ones ( I record everything and watch later ... hate commercials) and watch each one for a bit to see if it was going to be a war or not. When I fought in TaekwonDo tournaments I always went for the kill even if it got me defeated, I was smart about it though as you always U always use your 2nd and third strike as your money strike, your first strike is mainly to get in. Another question is how come most UFC fighters don't know how to jab or box for that matter. When they punch they drop their shoulders and pop their chins up and seldom any of them have relatively short efficient punches ( some do - Hollaway for example) May be I am off base here but that is my opinion... right or wrong or in between. Now if you want to watch some rough fighting watch some Burmese fighting, LehWei it is called. These guys are aggressive as hell, the ring is very small, and if the guys don't attack the ref gets in there and tells them to fight. No gloves just hands wraps, head buts, elbows, knees, kicks and punches are allowed. Here's a link to see for yourself

Your points are very valid...I have been the grappling coach for 5 UFC fighters and have been there when DW was very clear to the fighters he wanted them to stand and brawl and did not want to see any of that boring ground stuff. The American crowd is very unsophisticated. I prefer One Championship as its more balanced technique. I do watch UFC and appreciate it for what it is.

I also enjoy boxing, and good kickboxing. trying to appeal to broader audiences kills the essence of all combat sports. I LOVE submission grappling and was very please when EBI and other started to be shown on Fight Pass. Then to make it broader they are now doing EBI ShootOut which is the OT part only. This is offensive to a grappler because the competition does not have to do any of the foundational work achieve the position they now start in.

Last edited:
Reactions: PGM
Your points are very valid...I have been the grappling coach for 5 UFC fighters and have been there when DW was very clear to the fighters he wanted them to stand and brawl and did not want to see any of that boring ground stuff. The American crowd is very unsophisticated. I prefer One Championship as its more balanced technique. I do watch UFC and appreciate it for what it is.

I also enjoy boxing, and good kickboxing. trying to appeal to broader audiences kills the essence of all combat sports. I LOVE submission grappling and was very please when EBI and other started to be shown on Fight Pass. Then to make it broader they are now doing EBI ShootOut which is the OT part only. This is offensive to a grappler because the competition does not have to do any of the foundational work achieve the position they now start in.
I have never watched any EBI ShootOut ... Just looked it up... I will take a look. I like watching grappling and jui Jitsu where the fighter really know there stuff and are able to recover quick from various techniques and are able to counter with another technique ...very exciting to watch.

I wish I got into mma when I was younger. But then again I like not having my head punched in lol

I couldn't get seating in the bar and it doesn't sound like I missed much

Poor Aldo...ref should have stopped that one sooner...great contest.

Max almost did it snd i would have been happy to be wrong

Usman is a sad champ. Ref should never have allowed all the holding against the fence with zero attempts to fight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the only guy last night at the party saying stop the fight. It makes you wonder if the ref was intentionally not stopping it. For those of us that have fought or been apart of others fighting, it was very scary to watch, and had something happened would be a big black eye for the sport. I've been to busy this morning, but I'm interested to hear Danas reaction to that stoppage.

I was the only guy last night at the party saying stop the fight. It makes you wonder if the ref was intentionally not stopping it. For those of us that have fought or been apart of others fighting, it was very scary to watch, and had something happened would be a big black eye for the sport. I've been to busy this morning, but I'm interested to hear Danas reaction to that stoppage.
agree....Dana just said it was Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. These guys will not quite, its up to the ref AND his corner to stop the fight. MMA needs more corners to throw in the towel like boxing. Once a guy can no longer win and is taking a senseless beating why keep taking punishment. It was very hard to watch.