Truck wont shift while running

Taureau

Administrator
Replaced the transmission last fall and had the clutch done at the same time

Today fired up my truck and moved her to her new parking spot. When I went to back up depressed the clutch to put her in reverse and she will not shot. Tried every gear possible. Turned her off. Depressed the clutch put her into reverse. Started her up and backs up fine. So only shifts when it's off. Could this be as simple as low in transmission fluid or is it an adjustment that needs to be done?

Am 30 miles from the garage and hate to drive all that way in second gear. Might be able to reve enough to start in third all in all just a pain in the butt

Not able to shift without using the clutch also using rev match?

When in gear, in a small hill, engine off, when you press the clutch do Miss B fall like in neutral?

I know automatics use a solenoid to keep you from shifting int reverse at speed. It would require power so maybe it’s that and it’s failed. I’m not really sure.

Could be problem with the linkage or return spring for the clutch or the release bearing even!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should of asked if this has a hydraulic or mechanical release? Also before the problem started was the clutch engaging at bottom middle or top of clutch pedal travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it Won’t go into any gear while running? Or is it just reverse your having problems with?

When you say it won’t shift, does it grind gears if you try? Or does it just get hard and stops you?

Mechanic says needs linkage adjusted

It's fresh rebuilt tranny and clutch
Worked fine last fall
Not going into gear while running. No noise just will not slip in to any gear
Getting it fixed next week

I was gonna say roughly same thing as your mechanic. Clutch Linkage out of adjustment, or needs a slave cylinder if it’s a hydraulic clutch. Could also be a seized flywheel bearing - but that is less likely.

I was thinking it had to do something with the name on the grille.... I’ve had a bad throwout bearing do that to me also had it happen on the hydraulic clutch having air

Either way sure sounds like the clutch is not disengaging. If not sure about adjustment check for clutch pedal free play. Probably been 15yrs or more since I worked on something that wasn’t hydraulic, but if I remember correct should have approx 1 inch or so of free play at top of pedal.

Either way sure sounds like the clutch is not disengaging. If not sure about adjustment check for clutch pedal free play. Probably been 15yrs or more since I worked on something that wasn’t hydraulic, but if I remember correct should have approx 1 inch or so of free play at top of pedal.

I highly doubt that clutch is adjustable