Tricep tendon issues.

Grindtight

Trusted Member
Seems like overnight i have tightness in my elbow and can't extend it. I'm assuming it came from heavy bench press yesterday. Pain location is forearm and behind elbow pain radiates when I try to straight the arm out.

Likely a tendonopathy of some sort. You're probably correct. Avoid the heavy presses, do a lot of rope/cable triceps movement to isolate the movement, get the squeeze, force blood into it. When going into heavier movement I would suggest one arm overhead tricep extensions or light smith machine pressses so you can adjust the angle and see what works best. There's clearly something up and the last thing you want is to get a sharp pain and drop the bar on you (as it does happen). Alternatively, you can get a ball or roller and try to rip some of the tissue up...it'll hurt like hell but may force a good positive inflammatory response.

Likely a tendonopathy of some sort. You're probably correct. Avoid the heavy presses, do a lot of rope/cable triceps movement to isolate the movement, get the squeeze, force blood into it. When going into heavier movement I would suggest one arm overhead tricep extensions or light smith machine pressses so you can adjust the angle and see what works best. There's clearly something up and the last thing you want is to get a sharp pain and drop the bar on you (as it does happen). Alternatively, you can get a ball or roller and try to rip some of the tissue up...it'll hurt like hell but may force a good positive inflammatory response.
Thanks for the input. It totally kept me.awake last night had to.put ice on it to feel better and sleep.