training twice a day

Actually my argument is, resistance training 2x a day is too much. We already do 30-40 sets for one workout... take many sets to failure... we lift heavy. Utilizing drop sets and forced negatives.... being we are almost 40 years old... my argument is 2 workouts like that a day is too much... I've always said a 2nd workout in the day is fine... if its cardio or hiit ... in your case, yoga as well.

Just to set the record straight... I wish i had time in the day to do a 2nd workout to get cardio/core in a few times a week.
But I stand by my beilive that heavy resistance training 2x a day is too much... we do a 5 day split.. basically 1 body prat a day at 30 or more sets..... I know this 40 year old body will definitely get an injury if I go any harder!!
Im not saying lift heavy twice a day like we do....at max weight, Im saying exercise with light weight or none earlier in the day previous to our lifting sets. And yoga and stretching after our lifting. My handsome husband šŸ˜ and I realize times a factor for you but using our age a deterrent seems to rub me the wrong way enough to prove you wrong. Your old, not me!! LOL

Im not saying lift heavy twice a day like we do....at max weight, Im saying exercise with light weight or none earlier in the day previous to our lifting sets. And yoga and stretching after our lifting. My handsome husband šŸ˜ and I realize times a factor for you but using our age a deterrent seems to rub me the wrong way enough to prove you wrong. Your old, not me!! LOL

Well first off... you are my wife, so anytime we don't agree on something... you are right and I am wrong. Lol!!
You definitely are not old.. but my joints and ligaments are!!
I would say doing a yoga/stretching or cardio workout in the day and weight training in evening would be no problem.
I can't because of work. But I personally cannot handle lifting weights twice a day... with the effort and intensity I put into my workouts.
Our split
Day 1 chest/tris
Day 2 back/bis/abs
Day 3 quads/hams/glutes
Day 4 delts/traps/calves
Day 5 bis/tris/abs

Thats maxing me out....
Day 6 for core/deadlifts would work for me... but 2x a day is too much for me...
Chris0111 My dear you may have more endurance and less aches and pains then me.... that allow you to do more....
But as for me.... I'd fall apart!!! Lol