The Paradox of Boxing Gloves

I know I always felt more rattled in the brain from a swat to the head when a guy was wearing gloves rather than eating a knuckle sammich. Especially a beefy glove.

Wasn’t sure if there was actually something to it (but I suppose it could makes some sense from a physics standpoint) or if it was just the difference in the adrenaline.... ie fun fighting v. not fun fighting.

I know I always felt more rattled in the brain from a swat to the head when a guy was wearing gloves rather than eating a knuckle sammich. Especially a beefy glove.

Wasn’t sure if there was actually something to it (but I suppose it could makes some sense from a physics standpoint) or if it was just the difference in the adrenaline.... ie fun fighting v. not fun fighting.

Lol! I had something extremely sagacious to say about that, but I apparently have forgotten.

I don’t disagree with the article but more of it comes down to the athlete and how they train. Too many guys I have known spar too often (because it’s more fun than hitting pads, accessory work, etc.), spar too hard and don’t take the appropriate time off after the fight. They are doing 90% of the damage in the gym.

The same is for Jiu jitsu. Guys don’t want to put in the time repping out technique or doing drills (which actually make to bettter faster), they just want to show up to open mat and roll (spar). These are the majority of guys are club that have to get knee surgeries, dislocated shoulders, herniated discus. They just don’t give the body time to recover between sessions

I have been guilty of all the above but we did not have the research to advise us otherwise. The guys today do and some still don’t listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk