The "bounce"

Roadglide

Trusted Member
Not sure if many of you guys do this - I am guessing not, but wtf is with this bounce I have been seeing people doing while training. It's been going on for 3 or 4 years now...... the millenial bounce ?!!! I mean yeah, have some relation in your knees while performing a rep but this bounce...... at the bottom of the rep and at the top of the rep ? Cheating them of the the last little bit at the top end.
It makes me mad lol.

Many are training for so many reasons and their style of lifting is an expression of all of their life input/dreams/expectations and "present" understanding.They are using the tools they have at the moment,When it is time for more understanding in your direction -they will find you and learn --until then I say enjoy their journey as you/we enjoy ours..IMHO:giggle::love:

This is related to the rise of Metro sexuality as most of these guys are used to now “bouncing” up off their knees with a well earned mouthful of man yogurt. So the bounce in training is just a natural progression.

If I am doing like a HIT style training I might do some branch warren reps to go past failure, but that’s after I do a full set with proper form.

Not sure if many of you guys do this - I am guessing not, but wtf is with this bounce I have been seeing people doing while training. It's been going on for 3 or 4 years now...... the millenial bounce ?!!! I mean yeah, have some relation in your knees while performing a rep but this bounce...... at the bottom of the rep and at the top of the rep ? Cheating them of the the last little bit at the top end.
It makes me mad lol.

I'm sincerely interested but I don't understand what yer talkin bout. If anyone has a vid please post it up

It's this trend I've been seeing where who ever is say..... performing DB side laterals and at the top of the rep they will bend their knees, this completing the rep. On the negative, once they reach the bottom of the rep they will bounce or bend their knees and start the rep again.
Just a peeve of mine I guess. I'm sure people could point out something I do.........
Another one I've been seeing as a trend lately is people walking around the gym with no shoes? And not just while using a Squat rack..... strange.

Aahhhhahahahahaa...

It drives me nutttssssss

I like the chicken head Bob they do too.

It's like a combination of things. All in one.

They watch YouTube. Think, oh they're doing it so, I will too. What they dont see is usually, "the bounce" happens at the end, when you're forcing those last few reps.

Then, with that "bounce" they do the "chicken head"

And since all that is happening. We are left with 1/4 inch of a rep.

I love watching everyone around me. I'm not saying I'm some pro lifter but, at the same time, I have been at my gym since, December. Other than myself. And maybe 2 or 3 other guys, have made gains. Everyone else, just go home and keep watching your youtube.

God fuck! I hate YouTube and social media!!!

I'm sincerely interested but I don't understand what yer talkin bout. If anyone has a vid please post it up
Same here. Post up a video?!
Are we talking about isolation exercises with a bounce or just misinterpreting a push-press or some of the oly lift progression movements as 'bouncing?'

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Stems from instargram crap where these asshats think they know form because they have 100 subscribers .... then the newbs think that because they are popular, they are right .
For Goondar 1 and DeezNutz, think old school cheat reps on side laterals to get the db's up or past ear height.

The bounce I think of is the psyche up dance some of these football clowns do.... like a little ritual..... before they hit max effort day on squats..... at 135 lbs.... pure beast mode .......

Fuk all the ducks I hate people