testing the waters...

Not in Ontario, they're not. They have their own police, staffed by reservation members with special training/uniforms and so on. Small one or two cell stations for when someone gets really bad and they need them to sober up.

For some of the failures (in my eyes after seeing someone with 40 stitches on their face from a knife fight where we were never called and they didn't go to a hospital), the reservation police here are WAY better than RCMP for dealing with MOST interactions regarding some sort of policing. RCMP have no business just going on a fucking reservation, I'll tell you that one for free. For how the reservation police deal with things here, they keep a ton of people out of jails and despite some of the crimes that are buffered away from being policed by them, it's better than the RCMP (or any other police agency) coming down on them.

Reservations are nations. A police officer not invited on to a reservation is viewed as invading their nation. I can see why the RCMP is despised. I've seen some of the shit they've done and wanted to vomit.

I actually just remembered something...

In my town there is a status indian who is on the RCMP here. He was born and raised here.. I know some of his immeadiate family quite well. This officer has a reputation for treating aborignal people the way you say the res cops in ont treat aboriginals on the reserve. He is known for often driving a billigerant drunk home instead of charging him for disorderly conduct. He's known for not charging for assult etc..

I know he is being forced to transfer to a big city away from here. He told me with his own mouth that they are forcing him to transfer because being born here he has to close of relationships with the people to effectively do his job. I never talked with him much, but I had to go to the station to report something and we got to chatting and he told me he was being forced to transfer and that was the reason. Then I later heard from around town its because he was really leanant with aboriginal people in town.

We have a well known aboriginal judge in town who is famous for being extremley leanant with aboriginal people in his court room. He's aboriginal from our area... Makes no sense how he can be a judge here.. I had a RCMP and a fish cop express frustrations with the judge because he treats aboriginals with more leanancy then non aboroginals. Lots of ppl in town are frustrated with him

I grew up in ontario and I don't ever rememeber res cops... Did they always have them?

The guy in this incident was from an alberta reservation and I am near 100% certain we have no special res cops.. just RCMP.. I live between 3 reservartions (all within 20 min drive) and all are covered only by RCMP.

I honestly don't think the resevstions here have the same bad relationships with the RCMP here though. It just doesn't appear as you are describing. I'm pretty in touch with the communities and I just don't see it as bad as your area.

Growiing up in ontario I do recall the crazyiness of the reservations blocking roads with guns etc..
ever since i was in...decades ago. In one way res cops let too much go in my opinion BUT then you realize they have a band council too. Again too lenient but they buffer angry kids to adult who mostly grow up. Some dont and they're popped off the res for something or in a couple of extreme cases, they were handed over to outside police.
There are some real nasty family feuds too. Almost gang like. Some people cant walk alone on a res for fear of getting jumped.

Last edited:

Sounds like the cop had no business walking aRound fort mcmurray with a badge and gun anyway?
It's a shit show. Pure and simple, a straight shit show.

Here is the problem with things (as of when I left anyways) are. If you're charged with an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, you are put on CPIC (Canada Police Information Center) that ALL policing agencies use as a central data base. That data base is religiously maintained but it relies on all of the policing agencies to submit factual and complete data to it.

EVERY person who joins any part of a police agency gets searched on CPIC. If they're on there for anything other than light speeding, they're NFH -Not for Hire and their application is shit canned.

He would have been tossed on CPIC BUT if he applied to have his name cleared off of it (and he would have if he expected to get a job elsewhere like the RCMP), they are legally required to remove him if the charges are dropped. There's no star at the bottom of a CPIC check that lists what he's been mixed up in, it only lists what it's supposed to list.

The setup of most policing agencies usually have sub-computer programs that are maintained by them and them only. They can't be cleared unless they have a very very good reason to clear it. It's not mandated by the Criminal Code that these sub systems be erased if some shithead gets his charges tossed. SO, let's say the Toronto Police pop somebody and the charges get tossed. The person applies to get their charges erased off CPIC BUT, Toronto PD also have their own system other than CPIC that is much more granular. It probably contains officer reports. It probably contains charged but cleared people.(I know ours did). It would have information on KA(Known Associates) of a gang or Motor Cycle Gang. There would be TONS more data than CPIC lists.

All of these things are there to maintain officer safety. That way if someone pops someone going 115 in a 100, they do a CPIC check AND the dispatcher/call taker in their comm center would do a check on their own system for personalized information on that person. If it came back with shit that had been cleared but shithead was a KA and had once beaten someone almost to death but that person had amnesia when it came time to go to court, the information would still be there. The officer would then approach the car with her/her hand on her gun and more units would be dispatched to assist because the level of risk of a 15 over would have gone from a 6 to a 2 or 3. They'd obviously be much more thorough.

You can obviously see WHY these sub systems exist because(I would have assumed he'd have used Ft Mac for reference) if the RCMP had taken the fucking time to ask Fort Mcmurray if shithead had any shifty occurrences in their data base, Fort Mac would have said, "Yes. Shithead was arrested and charged for blah, blah and blah." The RCMP would have said, "Buuut it's not on CPIC". Fort Mac would say, "Yeeeas however on our police agency database, we have more complete data that record that on Date, Time, shithead did blah blah blah and his stupid criminal ass was charged for it BUT the charges were dropped. Even the almighty RCMP (they think so, trust me on that) would have gone, right, thanks for the NFH info(because not charged often means a technicality OR shitty policing of anorher police officer), seeya around while we're looking down our noses at you!"

Last edited:
HA! I met Chief Perry. Juuuust as I was leaving I met him and his entourage after he got elected the national Chief of First Nations.

National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations, but what the heck do I know.

I grew up in ontario and I don't ever rememeber res cops... Did they always have them?

The guy in this incident was from an alberta reservation and I am near 100% certain we have no special res cops.. just RCMP.. I live between 3 reservartions (all within 20 min drive) and all are covered only by RCMP.

I honestly don't think the resevstions here have the same bad relationships with the RCMP here though. It just doesn't appear as you are describing. I'm pretty in touch with the communities and I just don't see it as bad as your area.

Growiing up in ontario I do recall the crazyiness of the reservations blocking roads with guns etc..

National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations, but what the heck do I know.
He's a nice dude. Told us to call him Perry or Chief Perry but wasn't into all the bullshit of titles and implication that he was anybody than someone looking for special treatment. Hes most definitely kept some of the moderate indigenous groups under control and that has kept people's minds on the problems vs. disconnecting if they saw some of the truths but too dirty for white Canadians minds to stay engaged. Some could make a career of chasing just what the fucking RCMP has done/let happen, let alone the other problems.

They cover the remotest of remote areas of Ontario and Manitoba where police agencies like the Ontario Provincial Police don't try for business. Very useful but like all far wide area Police agencies, you better be good and quick because they wouldn't even have cell towers let alone radio to call the officers 30 or 50kms away to the east or west for help. Shit gets real and you are on your own other than maybe a sat phone?

This is the end result of what;s been happening lately... I'd guess if this happened a year ago, the cop would have handled the situation differently.

going to guess there's a good chance the 44 year old man in question was aboriginal which would have played on the mind of the officer.

I say theres a good chance he was abortiginal simply because of the location of the crime. Lots of crime in this are and a lot of it (not all) is on the reserves in the area or comes from the reserves.

FYI, the cop was a woman.. bystanders watcher her get beaten..

video pretty much confirms the crimal was aboriginal from the nearby reserve..

I'm not trying to paint aboriginals in a bad light, my point of bringing it up was that I wonder if the officer second guessed herself or handled it differently because of whats been happening latel.y

video pretty much confirms the crimal was aboriginal from the nearby reserve..

I'm not trying to paint aboriginals in a bad light, my point of bringing it up was that I wonder if the officer second guessed herself or handled it differently because of whats been happening latel.y

This is going to start happening more often now.

This is the end result of what;s been happening lately... I'd guess if this happened a year ago, the cop would have handled the situation differently.

Is it just me, or are they trying to conceal the fact that the officer assaulted was a woman? Why dont they refer to her as she, instead they choose “they”

Is it just me, or are they trying to conceal the fact that the officer assaulted was a woman? Why dont they refer to her as she, instead they choose “they”
second article about it was more straight forward.. I didn't really understand it was a woman from the first article either

It is kind of fucked that people seem to just sit by and watch these things without trying to help. Most reach right for their phones to record it when they should intervene.
But on the other hand, beside the fact its a woman cop, when was the last time you saw a video of a police officer intervene when one of their buddies was using excessive force beating on a civilian? They dont. They typically sit by and watch an unarmed victim get their head kicked in, so fuck her.
A civilian getting a beating like that i would step in. A cop? Nope.