Test suppression on cycle

Cumminstech2

Trusted Member
This might be a vague question, I’ve been thinking for a while on how to word it and can’t quite come up with the perfect way - so I’ll just do my best. It’s kind of a 2 part question.

If orals like winstrol and anadrol are all chemical variations of testosterone, why must we use testosterone as a base for our cycles? Wouldn’t that theory say that the testosterone from the orals you are taking now act as the testosterone you are replacing in your body? If it does suppress your test, doesn’t it make it test itself and able to be ran alone? When a friend of mine went to the doctor with low T, the doctor prescribed him oral testosterone for his TRT.

The second and probably more confusing part.. what do the compounds that are a derivative of testosterone do differently in our bodies than testosterone itself would? And what makes it make your body do different things than it would with normal testosterone hormone? This one is a hard one to word, but it’s not like testosterone is a nutrient, it’s a hormone, so I’m having troubles seeing how you can alter a hormone and still have it work in your hormonal system and have your body know what to do with it. Our body naturally makes testosterone, it doesn’t however naturally make tren and deca and dbol lol.

I hope my question makes sense, the interwebz give very vague run of the mill answers that doesn’t give me the deeper understanding I’ve been longing for. Maybe it’s way over everyone’s pay grade, or maybe I’m just an idiot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe I’m reading this right or maybe not. Part 1 using test as a base for each cycle. I think this just comes from traditional thinking that we should be doing this. I think you also have seen a departure from that a little and are seeing guys run cycles that are low test or no test. This thought probably mostly comes from the thought of the potential of some undesirable sides that may be possible to experience if run in absence of testosterone. Ie a deca only cycle. Once upon a time you would never see that done.... unless possibly the user was inexperienced and had nothing else. Now you see proponents of this. Absolutes? I’m really not sure there are any.

Part 2 is a little tougher and being its before work I don’t teally have time for a deep dive. It’s is the placement of certain groups or arrangement of the nomenclature that affects how a particular drug affects the body. Different arrangements cause the drug to exhibit different characteristics or properties. Ie 17 AA drugs are metabolized differently in the body and can survive to pass the liver twice to make them orally available. Some drugs can be very closely arranged to one another yet exhibit extremely different properties. For example boldenone and metadienone.

Receptors in the body take up the raw hormone once it’s been cleaved and has been taken up in the blood and circulated through the body. These substances are close enough structurally to be able to act on the receptors and utilized in the body.

Very basic and quick explanation of what you are asking.... I think? If not keep posting and we will get answered what you need. There’s at least one guy who floats around here from time to time who can answer these best. Organic chemistry and biochemistry was a long long long time ago.

Oral test is test,just a less efficient method of administration.the others are analogues of testosterone.

This might be a vague question, I’ve been thinking for a while on how to word it and can’t quite come up with the perfect way - so I’ll just do my best. It’s kind of a 2 part question.

If orals like winstrol and anadrol are all chemical variations of testosterone, why must we use testosterone as a base for our cycles? Wouldn’t that theory say that the testosterone from the orals you are taking now act as the testosterone you are replacing in your body? If it does suppress your test, doesn’t it make it test itself and able to be ran alone? When a friend of mine went to the doctor with low T, the doctor prescribed him oral testosterone for his TRT.

The second and probably more confusing part.. what do the compounds that are a derivative of testosterone do differently in our bodies than testosterone itself would? And what makes it make your body do different things than it would with normal testosterone hormone? This one is a hard one to word, but it’s not like testosterone is a nutrient, it’s a hormone, so I’m having troubles seeing how you can alter a hormone and still have it work in your hormonal system and have your body know what to do with it. Our body naturally makes testosterone, it doesn’t however naturally make tren and deca and dbol lol.

I hope my question makes sense, the interwebz give very vague run of the mill answers that doesn’t give me the deeper understanding I’ve been longing for. Maybe it’s way over everyone’s pay grade, or maybe I’m just an idiot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll dive for the first part but will let someone else about the second part

Like you said they are chemical variation of testosterone molecule, not testosterone itself. Simple as this (i think). They don't act as testosterone, but will shut down your endogenous production, this creating the need of adding basic testosterone molecule in different ester form.
Your friend got soemthing like Andriol prescribed (an oral undecanoate form of testosterone not a variation of test)

I'll dive for the first part but will let someone else about the second part

Like you said they are chemical variation of testosterone molecule, not testosterone itself. Simple as this (i think). They don't act as testosterone, but will shut down your endogenous production, this creating the need of adding basic testosterone molecule in different ester form.
Your friend got soemthing like Andriol prescribed (an oral undecanoate form of testosterone not a variation of test)

Esters have nothing to do with the drug itself. Esters only affect rate at which the testosterone can be metabolized because at the ester weight increases (more carbons) , so does fat solubility. More fat soluble, more time it takes to breakdown and be released. Other things like ester arrangement can affect this as well. Regardless though... ester does not have any direct affect on how the drug itself is metabolized other that what I spoke to.

Esters have nothing to do with the drug itself. Esters only affect rate at which the testosterone can be metabolized because at the ester weight increases (more carbons) , so does fat solubility. More fat soluble, more time it takes to breakdown and be released. Other things like ester arrangement can affect this as well. Regardless though... ester does not have any direct affect on how the drug itself is metabolized other that what I spoke to.

Never said that ester have something to do with the type of drugs (molecule wise).
Just added info about the use ofany different ester of test to make his base testosterone level, nothing more.

From what I understand all steroids are based on Testosterone but changed at the molecular level sometimes by only one molecule.
That being said, your body will shut down production thinking it has enough testosterone but really the other shit your body has in it doesn’t act the same as straight up Testosterone. So you need to inject that too to have a supply of it. I think!?

ELI5 Response
Your body has thousands of receptors for hormones.
-Think of these receptors like a lock. And the hormone is a key.
-Another way is to think of the receptor as a glove. And the hormone as a hand.

Testosterone fits the glove pretty well. And it does it job just fine.
Things like trenbolone, are the PERFECT fit. Engineered to fit in that receptor and make it go crazy. And therefore the receptor gets triggers much more effectively and strongly. I'm sure you can think of similar, sex related analogies that would also make sense to you.

This is the very simple basis of how pharmaceuticals and vaccines are engineered. Its all about receptor binding affinity.

Edit: Sorry again for the very late reply. Been very busy with work and life again.
If you quote me, I will get to it though !

ELI5 Response
Your body has thousands of receptors for hormones.
-Think of these receptors like a lock. And the hormone is a key.
-Another way is to think of the receptor as a glove. And the hormone as a hand.

Testosterone fits the glove pretty well. And it does it job just fine.
Things like trenbolone, are the PERFECT fit. Engineered to fit in that receptor and make it go crazy. And therefore the receptor gets triggers much more effectively and strongly. I'm sure you can think of similar, sex related analogies that would also make sense to you.

This is the very simple basis of how pharmaceuticals and vaccines are engineered. Its all about receptor binding affinity.

Edit: Sorry again for the very late reply. Been very busy with work and life again.
If you quote me, I will get to it though !
Thank you Peter.