Test as a base

Thegodofgains

Trusted Member
Is muscle memory a real thing.

Are their any studies to prove it.

Anyone had any experiences?

Let's say you stopped taking AAS for a extensive period of time, did you find that when you started again you were close to where you were or advanced more?

Also, do steroids increase the number of androgen receptors? Do they create new receptors?

Muscle memory works for a certain period of time.Your joints might need to be considered ...

I got hurt almost two years ago and could not train at all for a month, then was legs only. then after two months could very lightly do upper body. I continued trt at 100mg/week during the injury and lost about 20 lbs.
when i felt i was ok to train harder, bumped up to 1g per week and started training with a vengeance. I would say about six weeks after that i was right back to where i was pre injury, maybe a bit bigger/stronger. So yeah, i think muscle memory is a real thing.

There are likely studies, but I bet that you don’t lose the muscle fibres short term, but they shrink. So it doesn’t take much to increase their size.
Now maybe after 5 years or so things may be different.

Its gotta be a thing. Think about when you get sick and lose 15 lbs... it took 2 years to gain that muscle and comes back in a week after your sick.

Also old guys that have taken years off from the gym will blow up in a few months and be right back where they left off.

Reactions: Cog

TLDR - Yes. Myonuclei, satellite cells, increased number of "receptors" ...

Muscle memory is a thing
100% from my experience.
Check out the Transformation thread, particularly mine.

Was in great shape, stopped working out for 5 or 6 ish years.
Got back into it a year ago.

Could barely even lift the bar (Bad back)
Now I'm pulling 405, back in shape and about to hit a 315 bench.

It was like a fish to water.

Muscle memory is real. Do a cycle PCT , 6 months break and go back on cycle. You’ll see lol. Naturally it’s the same thing as well it comes back way faster than it took to get there the first time for me always.