Sterile abscess / lump?

Finaltriumph

Trusted Member
Hi all

I’ve had a lump in my delt for atleast 2 years maybe longer. It formed after a tren A inject and I thought it would disappear as I’ve had lumps in the past that went away. It never did but it was never infected, hot to touch or painful so I left it.
Now that I’m leaner when I wear tanks its clearly noticeable little ball looks like a bad synthol inject...

I’d like to get rid of it. Do you think a 20 gauge and aspirating at home would be safe? As I said it was never an infection to begin with, no systemic symptoms either. Or should I goto a GP and have them drain/ lance it? Im assuming they’ll do what I would do at home but they’d prescribe me antibiotics.

personally I’d like to avoid antibiotics at this time with all the covid crap, don’t want a weak immune system.

opinions? Anyone done this themselves?

I have absolutely no experience with this so this is Just my opinion but you probably picked the worst time to try at home surgery with the whole covid thing lol

Hi all

I’ve had a lump in my delt for atleast 2 years maybe longer. It formed after a tren A inject and I thought it would disappear as I’ve had lumps in the past that went away. It never did but it was never infected, hot to touch or painful so I left it.
Now that I’m leaner when I wear tanks its clearly noticeable little ball looks like a bad synthol inject...

I’d like to get rid of it. Do you think a 20 gauge and aspirating at home would be safe? As I said it was never an infection to begin with, no systemic symptoms either. Or should I goto a GP and have them drain/ lance it? Im assuming they’ll do what I would do at home but they’d prescribe me antibiotics.

personally I’d like to avoid antibiotics at this time with all the covid crap, don’t want a weak immune system.

opinions? Anyone done this themselves?

this is not recommend
please do not do this
I know folks that have but they are hard core

be very sterile. use a new pin to draw each time. start with a 20 or 18 gauge needle and put it in and draw. if your getting greyish liquid out that is a good sign. keep going until your getting just blood out.

again do not do this

It sounds like scar tissue.

I have had deep tissue massage therapy, to break down the scar tissue.

After many cycle you can develop scar tissue.
Possible. I can move it around a bit and it’s kinda squishy when I push in.
maybe I’ll wait till covid is done with to deal with it

go to a doctor. You injected B-12 or whatever you want to say and you want someone to look at.
Listen to @Taureau - I know guys who played doctor too and some were successful and some ended up in the ER on IV antibiotics for 4 days.

You can see a doctor for free and chances are they will either know what it is and fix it or send you to someone who can properly remove it in a safe and sterile manner.
good luck

Take a 20g and poke it in the middle slowly if thick mucus goo crap comes out go to the hospital.
Do not go into any muscle tissue just past the skin.

They will have to cut open your area to drain the abccess pack it with gauze, go back and they will close it up.

Or just go see a doc and they will treat it. Leaving abcess's can kill you. Legit it's worst than tetnus. If your blood gets tainted enough not even dialysis will save you.

can you describe more about this lump? does it feel rubbery or flunctuance? mobile or immobile? round or irregular shape? superficial or deep?
also, as others have mentioned, DO NOT STICK A NEEDLE and aspirate.

can you describe more about this lump? does it feel rubbery or flunctuance? mobile or immobile? round or irregular shape? superficial or deep?
also, as others have mentioned, DO NOT STICK A NEEDLE and aspirate.
I’d say rubbery and slightly squishy. If I have my arm to my side I can move it slightly but if I raise my arm like a side lateral raise I can’t move it it’s immobile. I’d say it’s around 1.5” x 1” in size probably the size of a massive grape or prune.
No pain when pressing into it. It protrudes pretty good to a point on my lateral delt looks like one of those guys who messed up Synthol. I’m guessing majority is superficial.

I tried jabbing a needle into it yesterday 20 gauge, did it twice for good measure. The needle actually slid in no problem no pain so I don’t believe it’s scar tissue as it didn’t feel grissly if that makes sense. It did bleed but no pus came out. It’s red and slightly bruised today from the blood. I have a doctor appointment booked with my GP it’s a week away still.
I’m thinking it’s a tumor growth or lipoma

I’d say rubbery and slightly squishy. If I have my arm to my side I can move it slightly but if I raise my arm like a side lateral raise I can’t move it it’s immobile. I’d say it’s around 1.5” x 1” in size probably the size of a massive grape or prune.
No pain when pressing into it. It protrudes pretty good to a point on my lateral delt looks like one of those guys who messed up Synthol. I’m guessing majority is superficial.

I tried jabbing a needle into it yesterday 20 gauge, did it twice for good measure. The needle actually slid in no problem no pain so I don’t believe it’s scar tissue as it didn’t feel grissly if that makes sense. It did bleed but no pus came out. It’s red and slightly bruised today from the blood. I have a doctor appointment booked with my GP it’s a week away still.
I’m thinking it’s a tumor growth or lipoma
Sounds like a lipoma to me, which is usually benign and the docs would just say leave it be. some red flag features would be growing larger, pain/redness, causing weakness (if it press on the nerve, which is not likely since you said it's superficial)...etc.

if still concerned, like others said, give a doc a visit.

It
Sounds like a lipoma to me, which is usually benign and the docs would just say leave it be. some red flag features would be growing larger, pain/redness, causing weakness (if it press on the nerve, which is not likely since you said it's superficial)...etc.

if still concerned, like others said, give a doc a visit.

yes no pain etc even when massaging hard. It’s quite large and it sticks out like a point on my lateral delt. I’m fairly lean so you can really see it now when I was 250 + lbs it wasn’t as noticeable or maybe it’s gotten slightly larger over the years...

I will goto my doctor just to verify next week and possibly book an appointment with dermatologist or plastic surgeon and see how much it would cost for removal