Shoulder pain after pin .

EastCoastMass

I pinned my delt last night and it feels different this time kind of stiff and can feel it down my arm doesn’t hurt just feels different, am I ok ?

I pinned my delt last night and it feels different this time kind of stiff and can feel it down my arm doesn’t hurt just feels different, am I ok ?
I think you grazed a nerve. Happens to the best of us. Keep an eye on the location and if you start to notice get very red and hot to the touch then I’d be worried a bit. But I don’t think I’d go that far just yet and say it was a nerve hit. Just keep an eye on it dude

I get something similar from a high mg shot.... what was it? Gage and length of pin?

Also probably shot too low on delt. I get inflammation in my tricep when i do that

Yep that used to happen to me once in a while before I changed to sub q shots.

I thought I might have been a little high but I don’t think so now , I went 3 fingers down from the bone apparently it’s the same standard the pharmacy uses for flu shots , it’s not extremely painful just annoying now and the also a little burning sensation from time to time .

I thought I might have been a little high but I don’t think so now , I went 3 fingers down from the bone apparently it’s the same standard the pharmacy uses for flu shots , it’s not extremely painful just annoying now and the also a little burning sensation from time to time .

Its the cost of getting big. That is what I was told, then laughed at for being a pussy.

take low dose anti-inflammatory .... it'll help....

So I had to look this up:
These are the symptoms of SIRVA:

• Sudden onset of acute shoulder pain shortly after vaccination. Symptoms develop in 75% of people within 24 hours of vaccination, in 93% within 48 hours. The pain is typically dull and achy at rest, made worse by trying to use the arm for simple tasks such as lifting a cup of coffee, hanging a coat in the closet, brushing hair, and driving.
  • Shoulder pain becomes persistent and chronic, often severe.
  • Limited range of motion of the shoulder joint, which reduces function of arm and shoulder.
  • Arm weakness.
  • Arm and shoulder stiffness.
  • Less common: tendonitis
    • rotator cuff tears
    • frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
      • impingement syndrome
    • brachial nerve damage, brachial neuritis
    • bone erosion
So not enough time has persisted to call it chronic. But i've definitely had patients who have had these condition. Most usually frozen shoulder or rotator cuff dysfunction secondary to the inflammatory response to a shitty injection. Actually, I just had a patient come in on friday with this very thing from being vaccinated in late fall.

Could very well be, but the treatment is still same; control symptoms with heat, range of motion, light strengthening and stretching, soft tissue friction or suction techniques.

It’s not accute pain and I also still have full range of motion to the sides and front it’s just a dull ache right now and a slight burn time to time in the bend of my elbow.

if you pinned it a couple of days ago it's still acute. Use ice followed by heat, gentle massage of the tissue, avoid direct exercise of the muscle until next week.

@PhysLifter thanks I’ll give that a try .

I've had this wierd pain before when I did a thigh shot. Was sitting in my chair and when I started to inject my leg shot straight out scared the shot out of me. Needle touched a nerve. Pulled out replaced needle and reprinned another spot but for a few days it was a steady pain. Used some naproxen before bed each night for about a week and it subsided. Thing to watch for if it gets red, itchy or swollen. If none of those massage the area each day by the sounds of it you should be fine.