shaving

been experimenting with shaving with oil. preferred a lighter oil but the castor oil added as antiseptic thickened everything up so i went 3/4 mineral,1/4 castor. perfect. after soaping and rinsing wiskers twice with warm water, oil is all i need to shave. it lubricates and protects skin from blade. bought a 25 variety pack from amazon to find blade preference.
blade 1, mystery blade that came with razor. first shave was amazing. it felt like it wiped off the whiskers in a single pass. unfortunately the 3rd shave felt like it was ripping my face off so i changed it.
2. derby. thought id try it first as its considered best for beginners. not the closest shave. got 4 shaves out of it before it started ripping my face.
3. gillette silver blue. thought id get the lesser mentioned blades out of the way first to get a better contrast with the favored brands. excellent shaves at first and still going at shave 6. the later shaves had to go over more but thats ok. not completely dragless like blade 1 but doesnt cause any sting or irritation.
-just learned you can strop de and disposable blades to extend life. some dude showed before and after with a microscope. it works. after shave, do 5 to 10 quick reverse passes on the palm some on the inside of lower arm.
- i may continue editing this post as i go through the blades to keep a record for myself

Have you tried using shaving cream ON top of the oil your using? I know you say the oil alone is enough for you, but why not add shaving cream??

Ive come across some ppl saying you put preshave oil on, then rinse it off before using cream.. this is wrong.. preshave oil, let sit for a couple mins, then shaving cream right on top.

For what its worth, I use double edge blades for just 2 shaves no matter what.. I have thick coarse hair and the blades are cheap

Are you using a good after shave?

@animal-inside
no cream because its just one more step and this is working great. just more time. i could shave in under a min in the shower with a disposable. this is another level though and worth the effort.
no after shave. ive been finishing my showers with cold water then moisturizing for almost 20ys. i few ladies have questioned how do i have such good skin at my age. so i guess thats good enough.

before your posting i thought a little sting after shaving was normal but now with the oil, its like the blade never touches the skin. other than the occasional nick.