Serious Fucking Deltoid Pain

Taking drugs is fine and all... but you need to seriously have it look at by a professional. Masking the pain and trying to tough it out will only prolong your agony. If it's been over a month and you can't even lift light.. you need professional help.

My rule of thumb is drugs is a last resort, not the only resort.

Get some physio, perhaps you need surgery. But whatever it is get a professional that deals in sports injuries.

That's the problem, either I've had no luck with docs or they're lame in general when it comes to such injuries. If anyone can recommend a doc from experience in the GTA I'm all ears :LOL:

Thx, I still have that nerve pinch which is easily relieved by even a small dose of Advil.
It’s almost gone but taking weeks and very aggravating. Just wears you down.
I use ruba535 with arnica and it works, actually better than voltaren but I didn’t know if it was safe to slather myself with that every 3 hours, lol.

I currently use Voltaren simply because of convenience as my doc gave me a free tube. In the past BenGay never failed me though. Voltaren seems to be effective, but to what degree in contrast to BenGay UltraStrength I wish I know. Can you compare Ruba535+Arnica with these other topical applications? I'm looking for the best cream so I can decrease my oral meds and increase the topicals!

Diclofenac is the worst NSAID for kidneys, heart and cardiovascular damage. There is chart floating around on the net somewhere or in my docs that list them from worse to best. I will eventually find it and post it. Your dose of 75 mg is fairly low, which is a good thing considering the use of these meds should be at the lowest effective dose possible for the shortest duration.
There is a spiel about Diclofenac in this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3338361/ and this article: https://www.emedexpert.com/compare/nsaids.shtml

I forgot about ketorolac which is a brutal kidney cruncher, but most docs won't prescribe it for more than ten days.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...ng-non-aspirin-nonsteroidal-anti-inflammatory

Welp, this is why I put disclaimers on my statements :p

Diclofenac
In a departure from the NICE guidance, which does not differentiate explicitly between different tNSAIDs, the consensus statement explicitly recommends against the use of diclofenac. The decision for this additional recommendation was based on the strength of emerging evidence (largely published after the development of the NICE guidance) suggesting a higher cardiovascular risk such as stroke, cardiovascular death and myocardial infarction with diclofenac than other tNSAIDs and selective COX-2 inhibitors [8,22,23]. This emerging evidence suggests that it is prudent to take a precautionary approach and recommend the choice of one of the several alternative treatments to diclofenac when appropriate for new patients.
A retrospective population-based nested case-control analysis of data from the clinical records of more than 7 million patients registered with 468 UK general practices found a 55% increased risk of MI for those taking diclofenac, compared to those taking no tNSAIDs or COX-2 inhibitors in the previous 3 years (p < 0.05) [22]. The increased risk for ibuprofen was 24% and for the now withdrawn selective COX-2 inhibitor rofecoxib was 32% (both p < 0.05) [22]. For diclofenac the number needed to harm over a year was 521 treated patients for every additional myocardial infarction, compared to 1,005 for ibuprofen and 695 for rofecoxib. An observational study found a 5.54-fold increase in the risk of death and a 2.24-fold increase in the risk of admission to hospital with myocardial infarction in heart failure patients taking > 100 mg a day of diclofenac [23]. In a recent study of a population of patients who had already had a myocardial infarction, diclofenac was identified as the tNSAID with the highest risk of death or recurrent MI (HR3.26; 95%CI2.57-3.86) - about twice the risk of treatment with any tNSAID (HR1.45;95%CI1.29-1.62) [24].

Hm,, fun stuff.

Diclofenac
In a departure from the NICE guidance, which does not differentiate explicitly between different tNSAIDs, the consensus statement explicitly recommends against the use of diclofenac. The decision for this additional recommendation was based on the strength of emerging evidence (largely published after the development of the NICE guidance) suggesting a higher cardiovascular risk such as stroke, cardiovascular death and myocardial infarction with diclofenac than other tNSAIDs and selective COX-2 inhibitors [8,22,23]. This emerging evidence suggests that it is prudent to take a precautionary approach and recommend the choice of one of the several alternative treatments to diclofenac when appropriate for new patients.
A retrospective population-based nested case-control analysis of data from the clinical records of more than 7 million patients registered with 468 UK general practices found a 55% increased risk of MI for those taking diclofenac, compared to those taking no tNSAIDs or COX-2 inhibitors in the previous 3 years (p < 0.05) [22]. The increased risk for ibuprofen was 24% and for the now withdrawn selective COX-2 inhibitor rofecoxib was 32% (both p < 0.05) [22]. For diclofenac the number needed to harm over a year was 521 treated patients for every additional myocardial infarction, compared to 1,005 for ibuprofen and 695 for rofecoxib. An observational study found a 5.54-fold increase in the risk of death and a 2.24-fold increase in the risk of admission to hospital with myocardial infarction in heart failure patients taking > 100 mg a day of diclofenac [23]. In a recent study of a population of patients who had already had a myocardial infarction, diclofenac was identified as the tNSAID with the highest risk of death or recurrent MI (HR3.26; 95%CI2.57-3.86) - about twice the risk of treatment with any tNSAID (HR1.45;95%CI1.29-1.62) [24].

Hm,, fun stuff.
Well I’m glad I didn’t like how I felt using voltaren. It made me feel badly strange, lol.

I currently use Voltaren simply because of convenience as my doc gave me a free tube. In the past BenGay never failed me though. Voltaren seems to be effective, but to what degree in contrast to BenGay UltraStrength I wish I know. Can you compare Ruba535+Arnica with these other topical applications? I'm looking for the best cream so I can decrease my oral meds and increase the topicals!

Arnica works as good as extra strength Advil, just only for about 2 hours. Sometimes it takes the edge off just enough that you are good for longer. Works better than voltaren for sure.
Like this morning I was getting burning down my arm, so I put some on, been great since. Sometimes you just need to be able to get it moving pain free to release the pain if you know what I mean.

@Bagua @tricks79

Just runnin out the door but do ypu two or anybody else know of anything that discusses the sides of voltaren applied topically or just the oral?

Haven't really read your posts yet , gotta run thanks

@Bagua @tricks79

Just runnin out the door but do ypu two or anybody else know of anything that discusses the sides of voltaren applied topically or just the oral?

I haven't read any studies that were conducted on diclofenac topical alone (I bet there are some out there) with the exception of one case study that had the result of severe gastro bleeding from two weeks of using the gel for lower back pain. The bleeding was sufficient enough to require blood transfusions. The kicker on the study was there was a history of peptic ulcer in the people that experienced the bleeding. I can find an abstract but it ain't worth much. There are a lot of efficaacy studies out there though.
I will give you this, but you have probably checked it out already. https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-su...l-application-route/side-effects/drg-20063434

@Bagua @tricks79

Haven't read anything about topical issues. Couple doctors I speak to here always prescribe it as a first measure before anything else. They seem to swear by it. But I've never questioned them on it deeper.

For those reading who are confused, voltaren is diclofenac. Just brand name. It can be taken by pill like I do 75mg ED, or applied topically.
You can buy it topically at a low dose OTC, but need a script for dosages such as 10%+ (I think I got 20% in my cabinet).

@Bagua and @tricks79

Thanks boys. Yeah I've been using 20% topical for a few months now, works fairly well. Now that i think about it I think I posted here about it and @Peter Akara had answered, I will look for that post now.

Thanks again

So I tried to look up something evil about arcania and couldn’t find anything. I bet Bagua likely could.
From what I can see it’s a was safer alternative to voltaren. Since for me it works just as well, or even better, I think I’ll stick with it.

So I tried to look up something evil about arcania and couldn’t find anything. I bet Bagua likely could.
From what I can see it’s a was safer alternative to voltaren. Since for me it works just as well, or even better, I think I’ll stick with it.

Arnica? I haven't come across anything nasty.

Arnica? I haven't come across anything nasty.
You the man. You know that don’t you?

Only thing I heard bad is that it can increase your heart rate. Which since my wife and grandson bought be a fit bit type watch I have realized mine is pretty high.
Think I’ll start a thread.

You the man. You know that don’t you?

Only thing I heard bad is that it can increase your heart rate. Which since my wife and grandson bought be a fit bit type watch I have realized mine is pretty high.
Think I’ll start a thread.

Meh.
You can smoke it if you want. Don't eat it unless it is in very small doses. That's all I found.