Roid test OR Lab max?

Furius_Saturninus_Plautia

Trusted Member
I'm just wondering what test kit is more accurate for testing raws? I received an order recently and everything was unlabeled and there was a few extra items then what I ordered so my guy reshipped my original order and let me keep the messed up order so now I'm trying to figure out what exactly I have. I went and got myself a infrared thermometer and did a melt point test, but that's not very reliable as I see melting points differ from site to site so who knows? Figure If I do a test kit THEN do a melt point test after to help confirm what test kit says I should be fairly confidant on what I have. One item melted @70c, another @65c and another at 70c so could be a few different things really. Crossing my fingers that one of em is Primo-E lol :)

Greatly appreciate any feedback regarding the test kits.

FSP

never heard of one test kit that was accurate and in general are referred to as garbage. You want to know what you have - send it to someone with the proper equipment to test it for you and they tell you.
@biguglynewf - am I losing my memory but are kits for testing worthless? Maybe this is different as your dealing with raws.

just to be clear - you ordered a bunch of raws but don't know what they are?

never heard of one test kit that was accurate and in general are referred to as garbage. You want to know what you have - send it to someone with the proper equipment to test it for you and they tell you.
@biguglynewf - am I losing my memory but are kits for testing worthless? Maybe this is different as your dealing with raws.

Yes. I received a raw order, but nothing was labeled and was obviously not what I ordered as weights and number of items sent were more than what I had ordered. Been with this supplier for years so was reshipped my proper order and told to just keep what I already received.

So I did find a study which I posted on cjm years ago to support the science of certain Aas yielding colour changes. This was not too long after labmax came out. I cannot find that study anywhere nor can I find that post on cjm. It was there for a very long time but it’s possible it got lost when all the upgrades were made.

However. The problem with labmax or whichever brand used is the honesty of those posting results either to credit or discredit a lab. As many know there are many folks on these forums who are dishonest. There are many that shill and will do pretty much anything to get in good with a lab. So the tests can be faked easily and put online for all to judge.

Now I’m not saying everyone who posts labmax results are dishonest or have agendas to credit or discredit. But how do you tell the honest from the dishonest? The good intentions or the bad ones? You can’t.

As such, these test kits and their results hold no true validity. Couple that with the dependence of someone actually having some lab skills so they don’t fuck anything up and yield inaccurate results. Anyone with any science background at all will tell you that technique, precision and accuracy all all very important in any laboratory method. Having joe public with no skill being the poster child for what’s to be understood as good or bad in this case is a recipe for disaster and as such the results hold no water. This even translates over into reports that labs post from so called third party labs with proper instrumentation. No legitimate licensed lab tests. There are people out there who apparently test raws illegally. Some of these places have been proven to fake results for money. When money is involved with people there’s no limit to how much fuckery occurs. And that’s why I put little faith in anything I see posted labmax or otherwise. You just don’t know who’s doing what and how honest or dishonest their motivations are. Hell even maxxam analytics got busted years ago for fudging numbers for environmental testing.... so even the licensed labs could be liars.

The only potential value I see for anyone who chooses to use one is for their own piece of mind. However there are still limited by their lab skills, so even in those cases they may be or limited value.

The can tell you that I went to post secondary for sciences and have a diploma and degree in the field. I have worked in multiple legitimate labs and would consider myself more than capable to use one of these kits..... but I haven’t ever purchased one. Take from that what you will.

Long story short. The science is accurate.... but there’s all sorts of opportunities to lie and I don’t trust many people when money... big money is involved.

So I did find a study which I posted on cjm years ago to support the science of certain Aas yielding colour changes. This was not too long after labmax came out. I cannot find that study anywhere nor can I find that post on cjm. It was there for a very long time but it’s possible it got lost when all the upgrades were made.

However. The problem with labmax or whichever brand used is the honesty of those posting results either to credit or discredit a lab. As many know there are many folks on these forums who are dishonest. There are many that shill and will do pretty much anything to get in good with a lab. So the tests can be faked easily and put online for all to judge.

Now I’m not saying everyone who posts labmax results are dishonest or have agendas to credit or discredit. But how do you tell the honest from the dishonest? The good intentions or the bad ones? You can’t.

As such, these test kits and their results hold no true validity. Couple that with the dependence of someone actually having some lab skills so they don’t fuck anything up and yield inaccurate results. Anyone with any science background at all will tell you that technique, precision and accuracy all all very important in any laboratory method. Having joe public with no skill being the poster child for what’s to be understood as good or bad in this case is a recipe for disaster and as such the results hold no water. This even translates over into reports that labs post from so called third party labs with proper instrumentation. No legitimate licensed lab tests. There are people out there who apparently test raws illegally. Some of these places have been proven to fake results for money. When money is involved with people there’s no limit to how much fuckery occurs. And that’s why I put little faith in anything I see posted labmax or otherwise. You just don’t know who’s doing what and how honest or dishonest their motivations are. Hell even maxxam analytics got busted years ago for fudging numbers for environmental testing.... so even the licensed labs could be liars.

The only potential value I see for anyone who chooses to use one is for their own piece of mind. However there are still limited by their lab skills, so even in those cases they may be or limited value.

The can tell you that I went to post secondary for sciences and have a diploma and degree in the field. I have worked in multiple legitimate labs and would consider myself more than capable to use one of these kits..... but I haven’t ever purchased one. Take from that what you will.

Long story short. The science is accurate.... but there’s all sorts of opportunities to lie and I don’t trust many people when money... big money is involved.

Yah I'm just looking to do a little testing for myself and I'm quite capable of following instructions so I think I will be ok. If The test kit/kits do not remotely match a new melt point test then I guess I will have to send for testing somewhere as I have almost a kilo of unlabeled raws and 500 grams of it MIGHT be primo e lol, well shit I hope, but could be mast e or whatever the fuck right? :(

Thank you friend :)

Yah I'm just looking to do a little testing for myself and I'm quite capable of following instructions so I think I will be ok. If The test kit/kits do not remotely match a new melt point test then I guess I will have to send for testing somewhere as I have almost a kilo of unlabeled raws and 500 grams of it MIGHT be primo e lol, well shit I hope, but could be mast e or whatever the fuck right? :(

Thank you friend :)

sadly I would hazard a educated guess that the odds are slim to known your source sent you 500 grams of primo E
considering the price of primo E I would think he would not just let a half a kilo of it go missing and end up being send to you
your source should have some sort of records as to what he sent out recently. I would think you could send him pictures of the products and he could identify what was what using his records as to what he sent and their appearance.

sadly I would hazard a educated guess that the odds are slim to known your source sent you 500 grams of primo E
considering the price of primo E I would think he would not just let a half a kilo of it go missing and end up being send to you
your source should have some sort of records as to what he sent out recently. I would think you could send him pictures of the products and he could identify what was what using his records as to what he sent and their appearance.

Yah just wishful thinking on my part mostly :p I did however send pictures, but that didn't help as I was told it could be 4 or 5 different compounds and the shipping agent completely goofed I'm told and can't help identify either. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy myself one of them digital hot plates and do up a proper melt point test, but I'll need to shop around first and find one on sale or at a decent price. Just had my first kid and these little things suck up cash better then my ex wife lol. Thank you for your input :)

thank you and you taught me a new word...fuckery lol. I love it and will use it today.

Yah just wishful thinking on my part mostly :p I did however send pictures, but that didn't help as I was told it could be 4 or 5 different compounds and the shipping agent completely goofed I'm told and can't help identify either. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy myself one of them digital hot plates and do up a proper melt point test, but I'll need to shop around first and find one on sale or at a decent price. Just had my first kid and these little things suck up cash better then my ex wife lol. Thank you for your input :)

Infrared thermometer? Digital hotplate?

No. Neither of those are appropriate to identify melting points properly.

Get a very small test tube and an analog thermometer with a scale appropriate for the temperatures required. Add your substance to the test tube and suspend both from the top rack of the oven (use a thin wire). The idea is that nothing touches anything. This is the closest you can approximate a melt point test at home.

Still not accurate or precise enough to yield proper data required.

Agree it may be as good as you can get with stuff around the house McGyver style.....but a melt point tester or something equivalent is the only thing you could put stake into. Temp can’t be that random.

Still not accurate or precise enough to yield proper data required.

Agree it may be as good as you can get with stuff around the house McGyver style.....but a melt point tester or something equivalent is the only thing you could put stake into. Temp can’t be that random.

How would you do a melt point test? Thanks.

How would you do a melt point test? Thanks.

Use a melting point tester as I said above in the response to balco’s post. It’s a small lab instrument that can be purchased used for around 1k.

The other methods as described do not have heating elements that can hold temperature properly nor are they calibrated. Precision and accuracy are both very important in these types of tests.

Use a melting point tester as I said above in the response to balco’s post. It’s a small lab instrument that can be purchased used for around 1k.

The other methods as described do not have heating elements that can hold temperature properly nor are they calibrated. Precision and accuracy are both very important in these types of tests.

I mentioned a digital hot plate earlier and by that I meant an actual lab one that can be adjusted 1 degree at a time. Seen a few on amazon for 300ish and figure one of those will be accurate enough.

I mentioned a digital hot plate earlier and by that I meant an actual lab one that can be adjusted 1 degree at a time. Seen a few on amazon for 300ish and figure one of those will be accurate enough.

Without looking at what you’re talking about I probably shouldn’t say yes or no.

But with that, my gut says I still say no. I have no idea whether the temp is actually going to be accurate. Many digital read out devices may say they are, but aren’t. The manufacturer should speak about this in the manual if it is a key design component of the equipment where temperature control is of utmost importance.

There are other factors with this as well that would lend me to believe that even if that thing was capable of maintaining constant temp with 1 degree C, which would be very difficult for an electric hot plate, the true temperature would still not be what is displayed on the readout. Without a closed chamber and even hearing how is heat maintained?

I suppose it really depends on if you want precise and accurate results or if you want kinda close results that may or may not be definitive.

As I’ve stated over and over..... it wouldn’t be my choice. I’ve told you the proper equipment to do this with. Up to you now how you do it. I’m not going to validate your original choice.

I would do both the melting and the roid test by brewing up a 5-10ml tester batch