Protein intake

TinyTim79

Trusted Member
So we've all read so much conflicting info out there on protien intake... am I right?
For a guy like me... put of fat real easy and build muscles moderately... should I be shooting for the 1.5g per Ib body weight? Or would 1g per Lb do the trick?

I like to keep my carbs around 300g a day and fats 70-80g

Looking for some advice from the experts here.
I'm 40 years old. 210LB and 5'10
I think I have a fairly good diet..

I can adjust my carbs to control body fat fairly easy... but I have a hard time dialing in the right protein amounts.

Also it doesn't help I am a VERY fussy eater!! Lol

Ohhh .. I know there was a similar post on this topic recently... I didn't want to hijack it.. and try to get a customized response for my body type and age

Most people think they have a good diet.

Not good to be a picky eater, will be hard to stay on a good meal plan.

It's always good to try new food every few weeks, to see how you react.
So eating the same foods over and over is not the best way to go?

I stick to chicken breast and lean ground beef or beef tenderloin and 0% greek yogurt and eggs for my protien
And brown rice, whole wheat pasta, potatoes and kashi go lean cereal for my carbs .. along with 2-3 servings of fruit and 5-6 servings of veggies.

It's good to try out different meats, fruit and veggies. Every week I like to buy a different type of food.
The reason why people don't stay on a diet is there sick of the same food day in and day out, or they a staving.

It's good to try out different meats, fruit and veggies. Every week I like to buy a different type of food.
The reason why people don't stay on a diet is there sick of the same food day in and day out, or they a staving.
Thanks for the advice... I'm going to have to just suck it up and try new foods.
Any chance you have a solid lean bulk type sample meal plan kicking around? I hear your the king of meal plans!

So we've all read so much conflicting info out there on protien intake... am I right?
For a guy like me... put of fat real easy and build muscles moderately... should I be shooting for the 1.5g per Ib body weight? Or would 1g per Lb do the trick?

I like to keep my carbs around 300g a day and fats 70-80g

Looking for some advice from the experts here.
I'm 40 years old. 210LB and 5'10
I think I have a fairly good diet..

I can adjust my carbs to control body fat fairly easy... but I have a hard time dialing in the right protein amounts.

Also it doesn't help I am a VERY fussy eater!! Lol
Was Listening to a podcast by Fouad Abidad the other day. He was citing some studies that said 1.5g per lb was what you wanted to aim for of you want max gains. This was for someone looking to get fucking huge. Not ok physique

I’m 38yo, 213lbs, 5’8” and this is what I eat. I haven’t counted a macro in forever but will adjust up as needed.

Meal plan
Training Days-
M1-
12oz egg whites
2 whole eggs
3 pieces of toast

M2-
12oz egg whites
90g cream of wheat

M3-
7oz chicken
12 oz rice
Green beans

M4-
7oz lean ground beef
12 oz rice

Train abut 4-5pm
Intra- 10g bcaa

M5-
50g protein
50g carb drink

M6-
7oz lean steak
8oz potato
greens

Off Training Day-

M1-
12oz egg whites
2 whole eggs
3 pieces toast

M2-
12oz egg whites
90g cream of wheat

M3-
7oz chicken
1.5 cups rice
Greens

M4-
7oz lean ground beef
1 cup rice
Greens

M5-
50g protein
1 tbsp PB

M6-
7oz flank
6oz potato

greens

Ballpark looks like about 325 direct protein there

I’m 38yo, 213lbs, 5’8” and this is what I eat. I haven’t counted a macro in forever but will adjust up as needed.

Meal plan
Training Days-
M1-
12oz egg whites
2 whole eggs
3 pieces of toast

M2-
12oz egg whites
90g cream of wheat

M3-
7oz chicken
12 oz rice