Protein bars one bar vs quest bar

Rocky

Trusted Member
Anyone eat one bars and quest bars?

I get all my protein from shakes now because I don’t eat much protein and it digests well

was thinking of eating protein bars instead of shakes, I usually just buy them on clearance because they’re not really worth the retail price tag. Theyre like $1 a bar when on clearance

the one bars have palm kernal oil and vegetable glycerin, higher saturated fat, less fibre
But they taste way better

what’s everyone’s opinion on these two brands of protein bars

noticed if they’re on clearance though they taste completely different than ones that were just manufactured. At least with one bars, they taste completely different

I personally prefer the one bars to the quest bars, however I do question protein quality of protein bars and the other additive ingredients. I occasionally have them as a snack on the go to fill some protein needs but personally for me if I eat them regularly I feel some stomach discomfort. I think a high quality whey protein powder would be much better than a protein bar (of course a bar has added carbs and fats) that aside, youd likely get a superior amino acid profile from a scoop of whey.

in short, good snack on the go, not something I would make a habit of eating. Just my opinion though!

Protein bars AND shake are good as a replacement once in a while. Thats it. There's far better quality powders than there are bars. Most bars are full of crap.

Why do you chose to do shakes for all your protein? Thats really not good.

If there are some bars on sale, I will usually buy the one with least amount of sugar. As previously mentioned, I only use them occasionally as a replacement if I can't make a shake.

Most of the time I have sufficient protein intake from whole foods being consumed all day.

Protein bars AND shake are good as a replacement once in a while. Thats it. There's far better quality powders than there are bars. Most bars are full of crap.

couldn't agree more, the bars even if the label is accurate indicates a pretty crappy snack. If you need it periodically, no issue but if your relying on them - I would not. Your much better off buying two cans of oysters or mussels and eating them - more protein, vitamins and minerals and no sugar.
I use protein powder everyday and the only time I use bars is on camping vacation when we are going non stop hiking, biking, canoeing, etc.

I always have quest bars in my bag incase work goes longer then normal or if im overly hungry that day.
I have no issues with quality protein shakes but im still Leary about the bars

Convenience, digestion and they taste really good
I don’t really bodybuild and I don’t really cook so I’d rather use shakes than processed meats like canned fish
I don’t eat much protein in a day these days too

@Rocky , are you trying vegetarianism?

Nope, I still have meat sometimes, but I don’t really cook and my protein intake is not very high so I just use shakes to get my protein intake

Convenience, digestion and they taste really good
I don’t really bodybuild and I don’t really cook so I’d rather use shakes than processed meats like canned fish
I don’t eat much protein in a day these days too

@Rocky , are you trying vegetarianism?

Nope, I still have meat sometimes, but I don’t really cook and my protein intake is not very high so I just use shakes to get my protein intake

Just to update, feel horrible after protein bars. Bloated, dehydrated, just overall not well

Going to stick to shakes, feel great after them

I buy protein drinks that has 40% protein they sometimes have special at Sam’s Club or Costco I love the taste of them. The bars I don’t touch them because there’s a lot of unhealthy stuff in them.

I personally stick to 2 whey scoops a day max. (Always one post workout)

Better to get protien from steak, chicken,fish etc.

Protein bars I eat only as a treat. Like a cheat snack. (At least you still get a bit of protein, with what I consider a borderline junk food)

couldn't agree more, the bars even if the label is accurate indicates a pretty crappy snack. If you need it periodically, no issue but if your relying on them - I would not. Your much better off buying two cans of oysters or mussels and eating them - more protein, vitamins and minerals and no sugar.
I use protein powder everyday and the only time I use bars is on camping vacation when we are going non stop hiking, biking, canoeing, etc.
i love smoked oysters ... I eat about 4 cans a day... good source of protein and fat.

when I was competing I ate a lot of chicken salmon tuna eggs and pork for my main 3 meals and protein shakes for 2 snacks a day to get my protein intake up. When I am not competing, like now and forever... its lots of eggs cause I love them, oysters, chicken thighs and pork without the shakes ... and a lot of natural peanut butter. Works fine for me. If the shakes are working for you and you are putting on size and getting stronger and you feel healthy then why change. I hate the taste of protein bars, even the ones ppl say taste good , so I never use them.

1 bar im fine. If i have 2 then im blasting ass for the next 12 hours
Maybe that’s why, was eating 2 quest bars before bed the past few nights, felt like digesting cement

when I was competing I ate a lot of chicken salmon tuna eggs and pork for my main 3 meals and protein shakes for 2 snacks a day to get my protein intake up. When I am not competing, like now and forever... its lots of eggs cause I love them, oysters, chicken thighs and pork without the shakes ... and a lot of natural peanut butter. Works fine for me. If the shakes are working for you and you are putting on size and getting stronger and you feel healthy then why change. I hate the taste of protein bars, even the ones ppl say taste good , so I never use them.
Was using protein bars as a cheat meal sort of thing,
only ones I think taste good are quest bars, the one bars taste okay but they give a sickening artificial taste

Last edited:
I have no idea how anyone eats oysters lol. Yyyyyyyuk. My hat goes off to you guys, you are more of a man then I am🤣