Post workout snack...

Princess_Penguin

Trusted Member
I have to rant about this, it absolutely drives me crazy, my gym advertises on the TV healthy food choices and meal ideas. Well today they had a post workout snack, take a banana, add peanut butter, some almonds, chia seeds or some other seed like that and coconut. This is great go to the gym workout and then eat some fats and carbs post workout and don't worry about any protein, what do we need that for, you don't want to get too big! Oh right the protein is in the peanut butter. That's also my least favourite comments, or I eat nuts and cheese for protein. I also love when they have cake or pizza there for the members. Isn't this a place ppl come to try to lose weight, why are we eating cake. Anyways, I have lots of frustrations with society and advertising about healthy food choices does anyone else have any rants about misleading advertising on "healthy" foods?

I obviously have different goals, because Im too skinny. But I have used gummy bears or cap'n crunch. Rice krispies would probably be a better choice for me

I can't get worried about what the food industry does and states. I don't worry about what other people eat and only give advice when asked.
My post-workout is always the same — a protein shake, with a quest bar and a banana.
@Cheapshot I haven't had Cap'n Crunch in years. That was one of my faves.

I can't get worried about what the food industry does and states. I don't worry about what other people eat and only give advice when asked.
My post-workout is always the same — a protein shake, with a quest bar and a banana.
Which flavour quest bar?

I obviously have different goals, because Im too skinny. But I have used gummy bears or cap'n crunch. Rice krispies would probably be a better choice for me

Did you notice you had higher iron levels/hemoglobin levels with cereal?

I recently had high hemoglobin and iron (odd cause I’m actually not on gear anymore)
I never had high hemoglobin or iron before even on gear but noticed the cereal I was eating had 30% iron per serving
I was eating just cereal for most of my meals, it seems all the cereals have tons of iron added to it and even other foods like cream of rice

Pizza. My favorite bulking meal, lol. As long as it’s real not pizza 73 crap

Lol, it’s because we all crave junk food and you talked about it.
im not bad yet, but in 2 weeks I’ll be dreaming I’m eating crap, lol.
I don't crave junk food because i have a cheat meal once a week. I have been doing this for many many years now so it's pretty normal.

@Rocky
All Quest bars taste the same.
You must have not tried the strawberry stevia flavoured one, was my first quest bar and thought it would be my last haha
Then I tried other ones and realized why people said they tasted pretty good

I don't crave junk food because i have a cheat meal once a week. I have been doing this for many many years now so it's pretty normal.
Second day of cut.
I cut out all my garbage food and eat better items and watch the fat melt off with some cardio. In 10 weeks hope I’m around 10%, as long as my wife doesn’t make cookies again this time. :)
So I’m thinking if pizza

Second day of cut.
I cut out all my garbage food and eat better items and watch the fat melt off with some cardio. In 10 weeks hope I’m around 10%, as long as my wife doesn’t make cookies again this time. :)
So I’m thinking if pizza
How do u measure your body fat? Do u measure it or just guess by the way u look? I think after a 10 week deplete/cut I would go for a burger.

Post workout i have 1 scoop of unflavored organic brown rice protein with water and approx. 2 tbsp of honey.

Cap’n Crunch was awesome... minus the shredding of the top of your mouth. Or am I the only one this happens to every time?

Cap’n Crunch was awesome... minus the shredding of the top of your mouth. Or am I the only one this happens to every time?

Same here, not every time though lol...doesn't happen too often these days as they tend to pick other ones but every once in awhile my kids pick Cap'n Crunch for their junk cereal and naturally I have a bowl just to make sure it's ok for them.

Maybe you have to put your teeth in before you eat? ;)
Damn that’s what I’ve been forgetting this whole time! I guess you “more experienced” gentlemen can still teach us younger guys a thing or two.