Post Cycle Therapy 101

Taureau

Administrator
An effective post cycle therapy will include the following things 99.9% of the time:

1. Some kind of SERM (or Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator)
  2. An Aromatase Inhibitor
  3. And additional PCT supplements and liver support. In most cases this includes any over the counter test boosters or herbal supplements.
Each one has a very special role in your PCT and ALL are crucial in assuring a successful cycle and long lasting gains.

Let’s talk about the first one…

#1: SERMS
SERMs (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) help to control the effects of estrogen. Taking these types of medications typically help you avoid gyno (bitch tits), maintain muscle gains, and boost your testosterone levels. Otherwise, you're looking at hormones that can become way out of whack, and cause all types of nasty issues.

These are often pharmaceutical grade and work the best, but in some cases you can use an OTC product, especially if you took a very mild steroid that isn't too harsh.

The stronger your cycle, the better your SERM needs to be.

Remember, increased testosterone equals increased estrogen.

Keep that in mind when planning your PCT so you’ll stay balanced not only throughout your cycle but post cycle as well.

The two most common and effective serms in order of recommendation is:

1. Nolvadex: Aka Tamoxifen Citrate, Nolvadex is by far the most popular SERM when it comes to post cycle therapy and in my opinion your best option.

Recommended dosing is 20-40 mg per day, and the length of time you use it depends on the strength of the cycle (see below).

You can also read our guide to Nolvadex for more info or purchase it at our recommended source.

2. Clomid: Also known as Clomiphene Citrate is probably the 2nd most popular option other than Nolvadex, and although the two are similar, Clomid is actually a weaker anti estrogen and needs to be dosed higher at 150 mg to achieve the same effect as Nolvadex.

It’s very effective, but when factoring in cost, I’d go with Nolvadex or Torem any day when available.

However, you can still buy Clomid for pretty cheap and it’s been proven throughout the years to be great in any PCT.

#2: Aromatase Inhibitors
AI’s (or Aromatase Inhibitors) are the 2nd piece to the post cycle therapy puzzle and basically block the conversion of testosterone to estrogen via the Aromatase enzyme.

AI’s are often used during the cycle itself but can also be added to the end of a cycle to help eliminate and decrease estrogen levels.

One of the more popular AI’s, Letrozole, has been found to decrease estrogen by 96-98%. It's incredibly potent stuff, and also known to help prevent as well as eliminate gyno very quickly.

AI’s are important to help you increase gains while on cycle, and to maintain normal, balanced hormonal levels.

Both are not always needed, but a true pro will usually use both an AI and SERM…juuuust to be on the safe side.

So if both AIs and SERMs deal with estrogen, why do I need both and what’s the difference?​
I'm asked this quite often, and the answer is this:

AI’s help to eliminate the conversion of estrogen at the source DURING YOUR CYCLE, and this helps to eliminate bloat and other adverse effects.

SERMS, on the other hand, are for damage control at the END OF YOUR CYCLE. And as I explained earlier, prevent the estrogenic effects such as gyno and loss of gains, as well as increase testosterone production.

Since you can’t block estrogen forever, combining an AI to help eliminate increases in estrogen with a SERM will assure you end your cycle looking better than ever with little side effects and lots of muscle mass.

#3: Cycle Support & Other PCT Products
Post cycle therapy doesn’t end with just SERMS and AIs, although it could.

To really go the extra mile, you'd want to add some additional products that are designed for both on cycle and post cycle therapy. Science has become very advanced especially in the supplement industry.

Below are products I have found to be head and shoulders above any other PCT supplement in terms of leading science, effective ingredients, and effectiveness.

These products help you to keep all organs healthy, control blood pressure, cholesterol and maintain testosterone production in more natural ways.

SERMS and AIs often have a variety of side effects including emotional episodes, vision problems and loss of libido.