Pneumonia

ironwill

Trusted Member
Trusted Member
I looked and read up on clarithromycin. It was prescribed to me as it appears I have a case of Pneumonia. Caught it in decent time this time.
I was prescribed Clarithromycin.
Reading about it it sounds pretty horrible.
Has anyone used it or have knowledge on this?
Pharmacist was in the dark on the issues associated with it and I don't trust some of those guys at all.
I am at home today so if I get weird as I am perusing the site, pay me no mind...lol

I'm just getting over it and it took Avalox to do it. they tried other antibiotics which didn't work. 4 years ago my doc used the same and I had no issues with it.
good luck.

Thank-you brother. I had a couple other buddies say they had no issue, so maybe ill do it.

I never get sick from colds and flu. I had Pneumonia many yrs ago, and now I get it every 2 years. I heard they have a vaccine now for it, but I don't take any vaccines or flu shots etc.
I believe there are good and required vaccines for sure, I had them when young like everyone. I don't know enough about the Pneumonia vaccine to try it. I would like to think my immune system can take care of it, but it seems to go dormant and when lots of things are going on to stress my system, boom I get it again, rare but enough to cause some concern about what the long term issues can be with recurring Pneumonia with scarring etc.
Do you get it frequently as well GR

Thank-you brother. I had a couple other buddies say they had no issue, so maybe ill do it.

I never get sick from colds and flu. I had Pneumonia many yrs ago, and now I get it every 2 years. I heard they have a vaccine now for it, but I don't take any vaccines or flu shots etc.
I believe there are good and required vaccines for sure, I had them when young like everyone. I don't know enough about the Pneumonia vaccine to try it. I would like to think my immune system can take care of it, but it seems to go dormant and when lots of things are going on to stress my system, boom I get it again, rare but enough to cause some concern about what the long term issues can be with recurring Pneumonia with scarring etc.
Do you get it frequently as well GR

I get Pneumonia 3 or more times every year
no idea what I am given to fix it. typically walk into the doc's she sends me with an xray but also gives me prescription at the same time
because she knows now I know when I have it or even sometimes when its coming on.

no idea what I am given to fix it. typically walk into the doc's she sends me with an xray but also gives me prescription at the same time
because she knows now I know when I have it or even sometimes when its coming on.
I am susceptible to Pneumonia and had it a few times one winter when i was 48 yrs.I had a pneumonia shot and it has made all the difference.I had a second shot about 3 yrs ago as a booster.With these different shots -I think of them as I do roids..There are side effects that show for some people and not others.Some people get one or 2 side effects..Some none and for many people they are very minimal.Well worth the saving from pneumonia which KILLS people.If the rest of your nutrition/fitness/sleep is in order then our bodies can deal with side effects. One thing that has been consistent for me that I traced my deterioating lung congestions to is milk WHEY protein powder of most brands.As I take a few scoops a day I start to congest.Also cheese adds to it so I do much better staying away from them both.

I am susceptible to Pneumonia and had it a few times one winter when i was 48 yrs.I had a pneumonia shot and it has made all the difference.I had a second shot about 3 yrs ago as a booster.With these different shots -I think of them as I do roids..There are side effects that show for some people and not others.Some people get one or 2 side effects..Some none and for many people they are very minimal.Well worth the saving from pneumonia which KILLS people.If the rest of your nutrition/fitness/sleep is in order then our bodies can deal with side effects. One thing that has been consistent for me that I traced my deterioating lung congestions to is milk WHEY protein powder of most brands.As I take a few scoops a day I start to congest.Also cheese adds to it so I do much better staying away from them both.

I have issues with my lungs with no cure in site. its something I just learn to live with. these issues bring on the Pneumonia and other things

I'm just getting over it and it took Avalox to do it. they tried other antibiotics which didn't work. 4 years ago my doc used the same and I had no issues with it.
good luck.

This class of drug causes tendon ruptures.

I know 2 friends with both biceps and quads ruptures.

I know there is a class action law suit.

This class of drug causes tendon ruptures.

I know 2 friends with both biceps and quads ruptures.

I know there is a class action law suit.
yes and often prescribed with prednisone which contributes to the rupture - it is often the combo which is prescribed that causes the issue according to the doc and pharmacist. I took it, didn't want to - tried other antibiotics that didn't work.
My doc said she has only prescribed this 10times over the past few years for this reason.

Yeah it is brutal. I may get the shot.
I am pretty sure, hopefully much later in life, but I am pretty sure it will be my lungs that are my weakness. I'm trying to get it straightened out, but I have silicosis in my left lung. It actually built itself into a pod and stopped growing, creating scar tissue. it is quite small and I was lucky. I have it monitored and it is good now, with no real daily issues at all. But it is part of the reason for the pneumonia as well I think.