Partial tear, peptide suggestion

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
A buddy of mine has a partial tear in his shoulder tendons, he wants to give bpc and tb 500 a try while he is waiting for surgery.
He’s changed his diet to help with healing.
I told him it likely won’t work, but he wants to try it. Going to try some gh as well.
Dudes got more money than me, lol.
So anyone have any suggestions?

BPC has been shown to heal severed tendons, I can find the study albeit it was on rats. 1000 mcg a day was the dose used.
I’m using NCRP BPC and will be throwing in TB soon too. The dose for TB is high - some recommend 20 mg first week, 15 second and then based on a 100 kg man - 8 mg per week.
I’m also taking Serono serostim but it’s too early to tell if it’s going to work.
Other than what you stated, I’m not sure if there any others being used.

Im giving bpc157 a try again on its own. Ive used the bpc157/tb500 combo and it worked, but I was going through alot and used it for a long time. Might be a bit cheaper with bpc only, i felt that tb500 only masked the pain.

Lol! I'm such a cynic. When I tore my Achilles a few years back I was given the option of having it heal on its own or undergo surgery. Both surgeons that consulted with me strongly suggested I have it surgically repaired. This despite the surgeon who did my knees, allowed his Achilles to heal on its own. It came down to my knee guy knowing I was 'rather' active that paved the way for surgery. Three days after the injury I was under the knife. I was told it would take 6-12 weeks regardless of the treatment. Regardless of any diet changes or any way cool chemical interventions.
Funny, when it blew I was running NPP and Primo. I suppose my tendons are just old and abused. My right Achilles is bugging me now. I have to lay off pivots, sticks, knives...

Lol! I'm such a cynic. When I tore my Achilles a few years back I was given the option of having it heal on its own or undergo surgery. Both surgeons that consulted with me strongly suggested I have it surgically repaired. This despite the surgeon who did my knees, allowed his Achilles to heal on its own. It came down to my knee guy knowing I was 'rather' active that paved the way for surgery. Three days after the injury I was under the knife. I was told it would take 6-12 weeks regardless of the treatment. Regardless of any diet changes or any way cool chemical interventions.
Funny, when it blew I was running NPP and Primo. I suppose my tendons are just old and abused. My right Achilles is bugging me now. I have to lay off pivots, sticks, knives...
Hi @Bagua - Everyone is different but I didn’t find either did much for my pec or knee but without a doubt healed my Achilles’ tendons. I did not tear them but I strained both and was in pain for years. I couldn’t do body weight squats without my Achilles flaring up but yes I still tried to do body weight workouts regardless. My right was worse than my left so as a test, I injected 250 mcg into the area twice a day. Within 30 days My right was considerably better. I did the same with my left and now both are better. I continued for another 30 days and have no pain in either - none.
This was a chronic, years, Injury from over training. I have a partially torn meniscus in my right knee so I still don’t push my legs too hard but as part of my knee rehab I train them every second day doing parallel body weight squats 6 sets of 50 and a few other exercises I won’t bore you with. Previously, before I used the BPC, I was in pain all the time. Even sitting in a recliner on my leg days my Achilles would be yelling at me.
I started a log on another forum and could add it here.
So far my take is BPC helps some injuries a lot better than others. TB - not sure if it really did anything for me but after considerable reading, I wasn’t taking enough and I am going to try NCRP brand shortly. I’m desperate though - I have more chronic injuries than I care to list.

Where can I read up on bpc157.

My shoulder is giving me fits. Also a chronic injury.
Run a search on it (BPC157) with studies beside it, and you will find studies on animals for issues with tendons, etc., humans for stomach issues, and is being through phase 2 (I think) for inflammatory bowel disease.
As well, there is a lot of opinion based information pages from people who tell you how to use it and their experiences.
If I have time tonight and I can find some I read, I will attach them.

Run a search on it (BPC157) with studies beside it, and you will find studies on animals for issues with tendons, etc., humans for stomach issues, and is being through phase 2 (I think) for inflammatory bowel disease.
As well, there is a lot of opinion based information pages from people who tell you how to use it and their experiences.
If I have time tonight and I can find some I read, I will attach them.
Thanks man. I'm looking it up now as we speak. I'll post up anything useful as well.

I hope you find something that works. There are few things worse than chronic pain when training. Although I truly believe as you age you just have to get used to it.
Oh me too. I've had this lingering injury for years now. Although the most recent flare up has been the worst yet. If i can fins something that can help without surgery I'm all for it.

Oh me too. I've had this lingering injury for years now. Although the most recent flare up has been the worst yet. If i can fins something that can help without surgery I'm all for it.

I think I have simply given up on my Achilles. As long as the majority of the pain is up close to the calf I am hoping there is enough blood flow to keep it from snapping. The one that snapped was smack dab in the middle and you could feel the gap growing before it popped. It was a worse recovery than either of my knees.

You know I thought I had bad shoulder issues for years, then I realized it really wasn’t my shoulders, but the nerves in my trap flaring and the causing inflimation in my shoulder. Even to the point where it felt unstable.
At physio they noticed that my shoulder was not moving properly and started me on exercises to correct this, then as my pain increased (ignored the pain kept training, lol) we also noticed a lot of muscle tightness and maybe scar tissue in my upper mid trap on the side of the effected shoulder.

When you do dumbell presses overhead are they in the exact same position on both sides? I was always a bit back on one side, never really paid attention, then after all this time I realized that I was really stupid for not seeing the obvious.

Now that I am fixing this issue my shoulder is becoming very stable and the pain is going away.

Just food for thought.

So 1000 mcg of bpc 157 daily injected 2 times near effected area and 2 mg of tb500 eod?
I used tb500 before and found 2 mg eod to work.

You know I thought I had bad shoulder issues for years, then I realized it really wasn’t my shoulders, but the nerves in my trap flaring and the causing inflimation in my shoulder. Even to the point where it felt unstable.
At physio they noticed that my shoulder was not moving properly and started me on exercises to correct this, then as my pain increased (ignored the pain kept training, lol) we also noticed a lot of muscle tightness and maybe scar tissue in my upper mid trap on the side of the effected shoulder.

When you do dumbell presses overhead are they in the exact same position on both sides? I was always a bit back on one side, never really paid attention, then after all this time I realized that I was really stupid for not seeing the obvious.

Now that I am fixing this issue my shoulder is becoming very stable and the pain is going away.

Just food for thought.

Interesting points. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I should dumbbell shoulder presses. Oddly enough I had been using machines for along time and moved to dumbbells back in August. Needless to say the pain started shortly there after. Also I had increased the weight in my dumbbell shrugs as well. All contributing to the pain which flared at around the same time. Perhaps relying on machines for too long has contributed to the little stabilizer muscles and tendons becoming weakened.

At this point, no I don't feel like it's moving correctly. It does feel unstable. I've got massage and physio booked for this weekend. I'll let you know what they say.

Hi @eazy57 - there are no many different suggestions out there but 60 days was my trial and if no better than I figured it wouldn’t help. Was a miracle for my Achilles’ tendons but not much else.
I read the 2 mg EOD with TB too but from most of the reading / success stories - many run 20 mg’s the first week, then 15 the second and the rest dependent on weight. In comparison mg/kg used in animals, a 100 km man would use approximately 8-9. I do t have the info in front of me but I could find the info again.
I watched a few vids and some of the dosages were even higher.
I base the 500 mg twice a day for BPC based on the rat study with the Achilles’ tendon, believe it was 10 mcg per kg once a day.
I was told you didn’t need to refrigerate the peptides after they were mixed but I found contracting info. Once mixed with bac water - I now refrigerate.
Check your PM

I was using .250mg bpc and tb500 twice a day... I then tried 500 each once a day and never noticed any difference.

Mine were in the same vial, but if they were seprate, I would of just did half a bottle of tb twice a week 2.5mg a shot

@eazy57 are you going to be the guinea pig?
Likely.. I'm looking at purchasing some bpc175 a try...

Part of the problem is the dosing protocols seem to be all over the map. Anywhere from 400mcg a day to 100mcg.

A litle more research and I'll pull the trigger next week or so. I'll definitely log it.