Once hailed as unhackable, blockchains are now getting hacked

this is really disappointing. i really had high hopes that this technology could imo, solve the main flaw of democracy. loading future generations with debt.

260,000 an hour in computer costs to get 51% on a major currency apparently.

Oh, feeling guilty here.... Got a confession to make. It was I who hacked the system. Ahahahaha....

@Ritch Thanks buddy I appreciate you trying to protect me but I can take the heat, it was me who hacked them.

Apparently a new service is being established so that satellite uplinks can be utilized.

The satellite uplink can theoretically be done from anywhere.No internet needed.

Apparently a team has demonstrated the ability to sniff the PIN from a hardware wallet from 2 metres distance with a HackRF SDR.A smaller device could likely detect and store these emissions for later retrieval.Not likely but possible.

I think it’s important to note that bitcoin itself isn’t being hacked. It’s generally exchanges or other cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is extremely secure, I’d venture to say far more secure than your bank.

As far as the 51% attack this small cap coins that don’t take even a tiny fraction of the computing power it would take to attack bitcoin. There is so much computing power involved in bitcoin that it would most likely literally take a government to spend an absolute fortune to set up something to do this.

I am so glad I never put any money into bitcoin. seemed a scam then and seems to be a risky venture indeed

Sir I invite you to read the book The bitcoin standard” if you truly understood the funtion of bitcoin you would understand how superior it is to our garbage fiat system

It’s great how the cash in my wallet can’t get hacked or stolen.
Is sad how little cash is being used anymore, perfect for the government to have complete control and the ability to track everything you do. This way in the future they can figure out how to tax ,ore efficently.

I pay in cash, fuck the government tracking me, lol.

It’s great how the cash in my wallet can’t get hacked or stolen.
Is sad how little cash is being used anymore, perfect for the government to have complete control and the ability to track everything you do. This way in the future they can figure out how to tax ,ore efficently.

I pay in cash, fuck the government tracking me, lol.
I get dirty looks when I pay cash. Ordered few grand worth of lumber for my new deck, guy seemed genuinely pissed off I handed him cash. I got asked “don’t you want to put it on a card? I’d rather not count all this” it was 100$ bills so not like I paid in 5$

Collection of whales moved 94,504 bitcoins to an unknown wallet.yahoo news is just one of many.

Could be a new digital warehouse for Bitcoin deposits say some analysts.

Even the Udemi owner got hacked for his wallet and he teaches courses on Kali Linux....so there must be a need.