OK, WTF is a "Bro Split"?

gondar1

I'm kind of a big deal in Japan
Trusted Member
I've heard this term thrown around for a few years but if someone were to ask me to define it or give an example I couldn't - I've heard it used so many different ways.

So I ask you CBers, WTF does this mean?

Go!

then theres the new new bro split
arms
abs
arm
abs
and friday before the bar arms and abs
saw a kid one on a friday doing v-up while bicep curling. not wasting anytime

I thought it had something to do with paying the bill or DP a lucky one during some party 🤪

Makes sense you guys
Thanks lol

It's a term used by fitness nerds to put down programs that by some miracle worked for the top bodybuilders of our time, but isn't supported by peer reviewed research and therefore inferior to the paid programs like Aestethic Armageddon 2.0 offered by gym shark wearing "fitness influencers." :LOL:

In all seriousness, I'm all about research, but sometimes people get caught up in reading studies and designing the "perfect" program when they should just be picking up heavy shit and putting it down. I guess that's not sexy enough to get likes on social media.

As a researcher, if we lived in a perfect world, I'd be bored to death lmao

Everything goes back to basic science, you got it right bro, resistance plus food

then theres the new new bro split
arms
abs
arm
abs
and friday before the bar arms and abs
saw a kid one on a friday doing v-up while bicep curling. not wasting anytime

In high school we used to call it “beach day”
Chest, bi’s, tris, and shoulders before you go to the beach for the womans volleyball tournament lol

I've heard this term thrown around for a few years but if someone were to ask me to define it or give an example I couldn't - I've heard it used so many different ways.

So I ask you CBers, WTF does this mean?

Go!
You sure that wasn’t “Bro spit” you heard Gondar :)

It's the old school method where a muscle gets worked every 7 days instead of the every 2-3 we take now......... Monday - Chest. Tuesday - Shoulders. Wednesday - Back. Thursday - Legs Friday - Arms (for club night hahahaha) Sat/Sun off......

I also think bro split is all the various ways that people train without any scientific research backing it. I do it because I see others training that way

It's the old school method where a muscle gets worked every 7 days instead of the every 2-3 we take now......... Monday - Chest. Tuesday - Shoulders. Wednesday - Back. Thursday - Legs Friday - Arms (for club night hahahaha) Sat/Sun off......

I think this is probably the one I hear the most. Never trained that way but I will admit to stopping at the gym to blow my arms up on the way to the disco. Is it Old School though? From what I remember we used to call it something like "Oh look, that fucking clown is here again"

I just decided to use this “bro split” in a different context with a crazy adventurous friend of mine 😜

I shall make it happen hahahah

The Disco pumps..... to this day I got friends in their 30s living that sort of life and routine hahahahaha

God damn I feel old just from experience, god knows the guys here, the old timers, must have tons of stories on my kind of bro splits 🤣🤪😜

I personally like agonist/antagonist training on a HIIT kind of way so I avoid boring cardio