New to Apidra

Iflexit

Trusted Member
This is my first post here. Glad to join you guys.

I want to add insulin to my next bulk starting in January. The problem is that I train in the evening and don’t want to go to bed while the insulin is still active. I’ve been reading on Apidra which seems like it could be an option.

For those guys with experience with Apidra (or other extra fast acting insulin), what has been your experience? What are the differences in terms of protocol from say Humalog?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

This is my first post here. Glad to join you guys.

I want to add insulin to my next bulk starting in January. The problem is that I train in the evening and don’t want to go to bed while the insulin is still active. I’ve been reading on Apidra which seems like it could be an option.

For those guys with experience with Apidra (or other extra fast acting insulin), what has been your experience? What are the differences in terms of protocol from say Humalog?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Apidra is fast but still impact blood sugar after 3-4 hours sometimes.

If you could put your hand on Fiasp insulin it would be the best to use when training in the evening. Max onset time is 2 1/2 hours

Thanks Bebeav

Is the protocol the same for extra fast acting insulin as, say, Humalog? Also, are the muscle building effects reduced because the action is shorter?

Thanks Bebeav

Is the protocol the same for extra fast acting insulin as, say, Humalog? Also, are the muscle building effects reduced because the action is shorter?
I've seen some reckless posts on insulin use on here in the past few days, and at risk of sounding like an ass, to be asking a simple question such as this regarding insulin when you have plans on introducing insulin into your cycle in January (aka anywhere in the next 30 days), this shows you are nowhere near ready to start use of such a powerful and potentially fatal substance.

At the risk of sounding like an ass, IronRobi, i have quite a bit of experience with insulin, just not with this type of insulin. Hence my asking to those who have that experience. Isn’t this what these boards are for?

At the risk of sounding like an ass, IronRobi, i have quite a bit of experience with insulin, just not with this type of insulin. Hence my asking to those who have that experience. Isn’t this what these boards are for?
Perfect, how do the onset of actions, peaks and durations differ between the 2? This information is readily available at apidra.com
These details should be the basis of an insulin protocol no matter what type of insulin you use. It should pretty much be one of the first things you look at when you're even considering a type of insulin. If you had looked, you'd have your answer without needing to ask. The fact that you asked this question means you haven't looked which also means you lack a lot of basic knowledge to use insulin safely. It doesn't matter how many times you've used it before, it doesn't mean you're using it right.

I get sensitive on insulin posts because it CAN kill someone and I see far too many people using it because someone told them it's an easy way to get big.

Honestly sir. His intentions are good.

You won’t find many more helpful members than Robi.

The reality is a lot of people want to fuck around with insulin and don’t really need it. It’s just the next thing on the list. As such, guys go in unprepared and do silly things.

As robi said. There was just a thread here not more than a few days ago that was crazy.

So no disrespect. Just looking out.

Thanks @bigupglynewf I know you realize my intentions.

One other thing to note, when it comes to insulin I prefer to show people how they can find the information so they get the opportunity to learn it and understand it on their own. I could easily answer this and tell you the difference between protocols for glulisine and lispro or even aspart, but you'll be much better off if I push you in the right direction and then you come back and answer your question on your own for the rest of us to confirm.