musclememory

Independently Impoverished
Could it be possible to have the new posts menu option on the left hand side become highlighted when you come to the site if there are new posts since your last visit? If you come to the site and there isn't new posts then have it remain un-highlighted (ie just like it is now)

sadly no unless I ask make a post asking for someone to write code to make that change
so yes could always find a way to do it but would cost big bucks

I am learning more and more about this software. please everyone share any tips and tricks you discover

there is a button on the right hand side of the main page near the top that has a lightening bolt on it. I'm waiting to see if it highlights when there are new posts or not. So far I dont think so. Which leaves it to me to always have to actually check if there are new posts or not. I was just hoping there would be a way for the board to show that there are new posts since last visit without me having to check. Being lazy I guess...lol

there is a button on the right hand side of the main page near the top that has a lightening bolt on it. I'm waiting to see if it highlights when there are new posts or not. So far I dont think so. Which leaves it to me to always have to actually check if there are new posts or not. I was just hoping there would be a way for the board to show that there are new posts since last visit without me having to check. Being lazy I guess...lol

have your woman click the button so you can save your fingers for picking your guitar

In my phone, anything that is Bold Lettering is a new post, once you’ve viewed that thread it will not be bold anymore until someone adds to it.
Also, it will have a line that says “no new posts since your last visit” if there isn’t anything new. I’m on nightshift so I noticed that part late last night while all you fuckers were sleeping lol

ya of course, but I have to check to get that list to see if there are new posts or not.. I belong to a car site that when you arrive on the main page the new post button is either highlighted or its normal. If its normal I don't check for new posts because there are none since my last visit. If its highlighted there are new posts since my last visit. It saves me 2 or 3 seconds a day...lol

have your woman click the button so you can save your fingers for picking your guitar

Now there is a good idea. I could have her scout out the site for me and let me know what is new and to have a 12 page write up on each post with all the pertinent details....lol

gotcha, thanks, very obvious now that I am aware of it

I think the 12 page synopses of each new post would be easier to get than what you just proposed....lol

It looks like you figured out a way to do this. This morning the whats new menu option had a highlighted red box beside it with the number of new posts in it. It was there till I marked everything as read. Now its gone. It should reappear I assume when new posts happen. Thank you @Taureau @Admin.

It looks like you figured out a way to do this. This morning the whats new menu option had a highlighted red box beside it with the number of new posts in it. It was there till I marked everything as read. Now its gone. It should reappear I assume when new posts happen. Thank you @Admin.

how do you mark it all as read?

and we installed 4 add ons today. will post what they are latter tonight

when you are on the main page its one of the menu options. It says new posts, find threads, watched, search forums, mark forums read.