Nandrolone and hair loss

vancitybb

Trusted Member
The side I fear most from AAS use is hair loss (gyno is a close second). My hairline is still ok, but thinning a bit - years of hrt have put a beating on it. So I want to be real careful with the compounds I run. Every time I Google some variation of "best steroid hair" the consensus is definitely deca. But then I see lots of anecdotes from forum users saying they get crazy shedding from NPP. I've never run nandrolone so I have no first-hand knowledge. Is it possible deca is easy on hair, but NPP isn't? Is nandrolone ok on your hair in general?

Deca with no finasteride, anavar and primo are good too. Test on reasonable doses with finasteride work fine too.
I never had an issue with deca but took it years ago when I was young.

Deca with no finasteride, anavar and primo are good too. Test on reasonable doses with finasteride work fine too.
I never had an issue with deca but took it years ago when I was young.

So do you just take finasteride when you're running certain cycles? Or do you take it year-round?

Ive never had an issues with deca. Never noticed any thining of hair, and I run it half the year

What about NPP? I want to include nandrolone in my next cycle, but I'd prefer the short-ester in case I get unmanageable sides. If deca is better on the hairline I'll probably just run that.

So do you just take finasteride when you're running certain cycles? Or do you take it year-round?
I don’t take it all now and to be honest I rarely use/used steroids over the past 5 years. Im getting old and forgetful so my time may be off - May have been more like 10 years. I did try most of the Sarms and they didn’t affect my hair.
I was on TRT for years (t enanthate) and my hair started shedding so I started finasteride and it stopped.
I stopped taking it when I wanted to have children - had to stop taking test and finasteride to improve sperm.
When I took deca Previously - twice over a 10 year period, I didn’t have any hair loss issues with it.
I am on TRT again and will be starting finasteride shortly as my hair is starting to thin again. Anavar and primo are known to be low on the hair loss sides. Particularly anavar and I almost forgot turinabol. Turinabol is known as one if the best, if not the best, steroid for hair loss.
That being said you can’t take orals year too regularly if you want your liver later in life.
The info I am citing is from reading, some personal experience, and a lot of experience from my friends.

Anyone who is prone to MPB - almost all steroids speed up the process. You can hold on with potions and pills and it will help but you will speed it up.
When I was in my 20’s - I could take anything and it had no affect. There are much more experienced guys here who take heavier cycles, more compounds who could advise better.

I’ve used Deca and NPP quite a bit over the years and never noticed any additional hair loss while using them. I only stopped running Deca as the last time I started to get Deca dick so that was enough for me.

Thanks guys, this is all very reassuring. I'll be looking more at primo too. I've ran var and tbol before, so I know I'm g2g there.

@The Old Guy fear of deca dick is one big reason for my choosing NPP over deca. If that should occur I want to be able to correct it asap!

I only experienced deca dick when running deca for about 5 to 6 weeks and at a relatively higher dosage.
Speaking of dosage, I understand 300 mg / wk is a good starting dose for NPP? I'd probably run that dose for 10 wks with equal or slightly lower dose test.

Speaking of dosage, I understand 300 mg / wk is a good starting dose for NPP? I'd probably run that dose for 10 wks with equal or slightly lower dose test.
It's always a good start. I usually bump up my dosage as I go along but it usually only adds unwanted sides. Stick with the tried and true and you'll be fine.

I notice my hair seems healthier on legit var and npp

I do have thin hair so. I fear hair loss as well. And it has happend but, never with npp. You should be fine with EQ/bold cyp

I notice my hair seems healthier on legit var and npp

I do have thin hair so. I fear hair loss as well. And it has happend but, never with npp. You should be fine with EQ/bold cyp

I've actually heard this about var. I had a buzz-cut when I ran it (years ago), so couldn't tell. I'm guessing if EQ is fine, DHB should be as well. This is all great info, I need a library of hair- safe compounds i can stack! (y)

I dont know about dhb. It's a unicorn drug.

It mimics two compounds, right? - I cant remember

I just concluded that, it wasnt a drug for me to chance

In your case, you need to take regular therapies that will keep your hair healthy. I do not have such serious problems with hair loss. However, I want to have thick beautiful hair. So I started going to a beauty salon, where I get the right treatments about twice a month. At the same salon, I do facials and laser hair removal. My friend who graduated from the school of advanced aesthetics works there. I looked up their program at https://www.nwcollege.edu/programs/advanced-aesthetics. Now I want to take the Pharmacology for Aestheticians course. I think I will become good at it.

Last edited:
You don't want to take finasteride when running nandolone because it converts something into something that causes more harm to the hair from what I remember. NPP/Deca are considered to be one of the better aas for hair. That's why some run NPP only cycled (I wouldn't but you can do low test or equal test).