Moose hunt done!

Swole_T1D

Trusted Member
First time beeing able to take down a moose with my crossbow.

What an unbelievable feeling, so much emotion in short timelapse!!

This big boy come straight on me after couple calling session but without any anwser from him.
I never thought to hear/see him that near at first. The ground where i hunt is covered in moss, so it make it harder to heard them move.
He came 7-8 feet from me, i wasn't able to shoot him at this moment because of all the tree branch.
Had to let him move a little bit, he then walk away from me to take place in a perfect position after i did a small bull call.
He was 12-13 feet away from me when i had the opportunity to shoot him.
Arrow ended right in his heart aorta, but this bad boy was incredibly tough, after beeing hit, he ran away 2200-2500 from me. He ran in straight line, breaking everything in front of him until he fell on the ground his soul leaving his body.

It's one of the best hunt i had in years.

I'm hunting for the meat not the trophy but this one is giving me both. Near 750pds with a 40in rack.
Gonna do an european mount for this one, he worth it.

So again, this year bulking season, i'll have plenty of fresh tasty quality meat in my freezer!!
We are a group og 6 so we can take 3 moose down this year, we got mine, one of my buddy put down a calf and the wife and her partner are waiting for the riffle season for their hunt. So if everything go for the best we'll ended up with 1/3 of 3 mooses.

Hope everything go as good as us for all the hunter on the board.

moose hunt.jpg

My group got one moose the other day as well. Love moose hunting..

question, can you clarify how far he ran after you shot him? 2200-2500 feet or yard or?

My group got one moose the other day as well. Love moose hunting..

question, can you clarify how far he ran after you shot him? 2200-2500 feet or yard or?

Congrats for your group man!

He ran 2200-2500 feet, i didn't found it funny at first. I'm gonna get gps points when we'll go back for the riffle season for the wife, so i'll know exactly how far he ran.

My shot was 1inch from the shoulder (was looking for direct heart shot) and it really made me think that it was a shoulder shot from the distance he did and how fast he ran away from me.
He also went uphill instead of downhill like i'm used to on deadly shot.

This bull was one hell of a fighter.
When we empty him, we found out that he was previously shot in the liver (riffle bullet scar on it) and also got hit in the neck by another bull moose (mostly perforated one side to the other)

Gonna get a camera set up next year so i can film my next adventure.

Congrats for your group man!

He ran 2200-2500 feet, i didn't found it funny at first. I'm gonna get gps points when we'll go back for the riffle season for the wife, so i'll know exactly how far he ran.

My shot was 1inch from the shoulder (was looking for direct heart shot) and it really made me think that it was a shoulder shot from the distance he did and how fast he ran away from me.
He also went uphill instead of downhill like i'm used to on deadly shot.

This bull was one hell of a fighter.
When we empty him, we found out that he was previously shot in the liver (riffle bullet scar on it) and also got hit in the neck by another bull moose (mostly perforated one side to the other)

Gonna get a camera set up next year so i can film my next adventure.

That's crazy he ran that far with a heart shot.. Moose can take a lot of damage, but they usually don't run far.. Most stand there after the first shot and let you get a couple more then they take a couple steps and drop.

Great job @bebeav

Do you hunt in a ZEQ ?

Yes i do, i prefer to pay a little bit more and have better opportunity than chasing them on the crown land and starving couple years in a row.
The public land where i live have something like 1 moose per 10km2 instead of maybe 10 per 1km2 in the ZEC

That's crazy he ran that far with a heart shot.. Moose can take a lot of damage, but they usually don't run far.. Most stand there after the first shot and let you get a couple more then they take a couple steps and drop.

Thats' what i was told and saw on vids, but mine was a crazy one. When the arrow hit him, it was like a thunder hit him in the ass, this motherfucker was running wide open like a race dog.

I tried to call him back but he totaly ignored me an ran away, i never saw a moose going that fast. Normally even when they run they got this weird way of walking/running but this big boy was running like i never see one. His front leg was both reaching the rear one at the same time, kinda hard to explain but it was an awsome scene even if that first make me thought that i missed him.

Hope that every hunter had an opporutnity like to see this someday!!