Mandatory Masks

I know one thing, when the second more potent version of covid is released, i will be wearing my mask. Wife and i making plans now for the second wave and lockdown so we can stay away from the public. I really believe the worst is yet to come. All the indicators are there.

I don’t think I could go that far to say that. There are limitations sure.... but the verdict is still out.

There is no concrete evidence either way. Anyone saying otherwise is not telling the whole truth.

This idea of public source control is a manageable prevention measure that relies on the idea of precautionary principle.

Basically the idea of keeping most of a person’s goobers from spewing out of there mouth. Some day 2-5 years down the road we will better understand if this idea was a positive or negative one.
I am very curious as to what you are seeing right now. Are the cases dropping? Is the severity of the cases decreasing? Can you see a difference between the beginning of all this to now?
Not in relation to mask wearing but with the sick. What’s your take?

Looks like a mask mandate is headed our way in fort mcmurray tomorrow. Heavy fines proposed for repeat offenders. Up to $10,000. Jail. Etc.
so, i do not want to make myself sick with a dirty rag on my mouth so it will be my full face respirator. That way i can breathe clean. Add that to the hazmat suit i will buy, it should scare the shit out of the tv watchers.
May write on the back of the suit “we are all going to die”
Haha
Might as well have fun with it while pointing out just how ridiculous it is.
Everyday is now Halloween!
I went to visit the folks in Burlington. I was told by everyone that the mask scene was pretty strict there and to expect to be denied access to stores. I wanted to do a Costco run and figured since it’s a membership place, they would have more authority to deny access.
I had zero issues anywhere with anyone. They asked me at the entrance of Costco and I simply said, medical exemption. Ok thanks!
There were no Karens giving me or my 12 year old son any dirty looks or negative attitudes.
To be quite honest, I find people have a very positive reaction to me. I think the population likes to see smiles and friendly faces. I think they actually stand a wee bit closer to me as well. Ironically. Confidence and smiles is more pleasing than fear and masks of any kind.
When the bi-law is rolled out there, simply read it. There will be provisions for exemptions. It really isn’t a big deal for those that choose not to wear one.
Now maybe when gates releases pandemic 2 things might be different. But until then my kids and I invite you to join our Free the Smiles campaign!

I went to visit the folks in Burlington. I was told by everyone that the mask scene was pretty strict there and to expect to be denied access to stores. I wanted to do a Costco run and figured since it’s a membership place, they would have more authority to deny access.
I had zero issues anywhere with anyone. They asked me at the entrance of Costco and I simply said, medical exemption. Ok thanks!
There were no Karens giving me or my 12 year old son any dirty looks or negative attitudes.
To be quite honest, I find people have a very positive reaction to me. I think the population likes to see smiles and friendly faces. I think they actually stand a wee bit closer to me as well. Ironically. Confidence and smiles is more pleasing than fear and masks of any kind.
When the bi-law is rolled out there, simply read it. There will be provisions for exemptions. It really isn’t a big deal for those that choose not to wear one.
Now maybe when gates releases pandemic 2 things might be different. But until then my kids and I invite you to join our Free the Smiles campaign!

I actually have documented breathing issues, and they can not ask your medical history anyway.

I actually have documented breathing issues, and they can not ask your medical history anyway.

I can't breath well in a virtue signal muzzle either. My work just mandated them. I said no to their mask, but said I will wear one of mine, so I just had 8 more bandannas of all colors cut and hemmed into single layer triangles. You can breath through them as if you have no mask on at all, you can basically see through the fabric.

I kind of like wearing them. If I ever wore one out in public before the cops would have been called quick. And the cat call tip from the Boss is brilliant, I've been doing that a lot lately, nobody can tell who its coming from!

From the halton bi-law.
Not only does it not need to be proven or physical, it can just me emotional.

iii. the person has an underlying medical condition where wearing a Mask or Face Covering would inhibit the person’s ability to breathe in any way;

iv. the person may experience a negative impact to their emotional well- being or mental health;

I heard a guy punched some woman in the face at the bar in fort mcmurray last night. Supposedly over masks, but cant confirm. Broke her nose, he went to jail. Am trying to find the full story and see if it was actually mask related.

From the halton bi-law.
Not only does it not need to be proven or physical, it can just me emotional.

iii. the person has an underlying medical condition where wearing a Mask or Face Covering would inhibit the person’s ability to breathe in any way;

iv. the person may experience a negative impact to their emotional well- being or mental health;
Kid at work forgot his mask, was running late, got on the bus, I guess everyone was giving him the dirtiest looks.

They are really compliant here though. Could be why our numbers are nil.

I am very curious as to what you are seeing right now. Are the cases dropping? Is the severity of the cases decreasing? Can you see a difference between the beginning of all this to now?
Not in relation to mask wearing but with the sick. What’s your take?

Cases over all in my area have tailed off significantly but I think that came more with getting the long term care homes under control. I’m not sure about severity exactly. I have noticed the reports seems to focus more on cases than deaths. Right now there are only 2 ICU cases in my area so that’s good. I think even though not enough is known, treatment is better as is early identification and intervention so hopefully that’s positively affecting mortality rates.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the coming weeks as seasonal illnesses start to spread more. Realistically there should be a significant drop in their numbers as well.

I know that’s not anything definitive really, but it’s the best I got right now.

@KetoMuscles apparently the airlines are making you prove the medical exemption with a docs note. What is your take on that?
Apparently Doctors have said there is no such thing as exemption letters. And not sure how anyone could prove mental or emotional distress in advance. From a personal perspective, I would be much more willing to choose to wear a mask in heavily congested areas such as airplanes and subways. Especially if it was in an region that actually has significant cases. However, I would need to approach it from the ppe side and not the source control side. I cannot protect others from something I don’t have but I can make attempts to protect myself.

Cases over all in my area have tailed off significantly but I think that came more with getting the long term care homes under control. I’m not sure about severity exactly. I have noticed the reports seems to focus more on cases than deaths. Right now there are only 2 ICU cases in my area so that’s good. I think even though not enough is known, treatment is better as is early identification and intervention so hopefully that’s positively affecting mortality rates.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the coming weeks as seasonal illnesses start to spread more. Realistically there should be a significant drop in their numbers as well.

I know that’s not anything definitive really, but it’s the best I got right now.
This is the exact answer that everyone should hear. Cases are less severe or there are less severe cases and treatment is better.
Flatten the curve not of the number of cases but of the case load on the hospitals and medical system.

This is the exact answer that everyone should hear. Cases are less severe or there are less severe cases and treatment is better.
Flatten the curve not of the number of cases but of the case load on the hospitals and medical system.
Oh you have heard them on the news tonight, freaking about the tiny surge in cases, but no one mentions that testing is 10 fold.
Thinking of returning to shut downs.

Oh you have heard them on the news tonight, freaking about the tiny surge in cases, but no one mentions that testing is 10 fold.
Thinking of returning to shut downs.

^ This
They’re setting up the playing field for a 2nd lockdown. I just don’t understand why though

^ This
They’re setting up the playing field for a 2nd lockdown. I just don’t understand why though
Me neither.
It’s not like we don’t have some knowledge now.

So we 10 times testing and now cry when levels are 1/4 of what they were in the peek.
The massive increase in testing is just reducing the fatality rate. Now that care homes have been controlled a lot better, watch the death rate drastically reduce.

I’m sorry but I think soon they will be doing to us what is happening in Australia.
Go for a walk and post it, get arrested. Talk about going to a protest, get arrested. Walk outside in a small group, get arrested.

Me neither.
It’s not like we don’t have some knowledge now.

So we 10 times testing and now cry when levels are 1/4 of what they were in the peek.
The massive increase in testing is just reducing the fatality rate. Now that care homes have been controlled a lot better, watch the death rate drastically reduce.

I’m sorry but I think soon they will be doing to us what is happening in Australia.
Go for a walk and post it, get arrested. Talk about going to a protest, get arrested. Walk outside in a small group, get arrested.

To be honest I’m more of the belief that case numbers now mean sweet fuck all.

The virus isn’t a mystery. We know what to do to slow it’s spread.

What’s important to be mindful of is respiratory unit availability. I could care less if people are home self isolating and managing their symptoms.

This was always supposed to be about flattening the curve and keeping the hospitals from being overrun. If the hospitals aren’t starting to fill and you’ve kept the vulnerable population reasonably protected we can manage with increase freedoms.

The trick I suppose is watching closely and being mindful of the tipping point. Because as we’ve seen one day it’s not a problem and then the next an area is in massive outbreak. Still the bitch of presymptomatic spread.

To be honest I’m more of the belief that case numbers now mean sweet fuck all.

The virus isn’t a mystery. We know what to do to slow it’s spread.

What’s important to be mindful of is respiratory unit availability. I could care less if people are home self isolating and managing their symptoms.

This was always supposed to be about flattening the curve and keeping the hospitals from being overrun. If the hospitals aren’t starting to fill and you’ve kept the vulnerable population reasonably protected we can manage with increase freedoms.

The trick I suppose is watching closely and being mindful of the tipping point. Because as we’ve seen one day it’s not a problem and then the next an area is in massive outbreak. Still the bitch of presymptomatic spread.
I’ve heard they have found presymptomatic spread doesn’t happen. I think it does personally, just by the ease it’s spread.

I’ve heard they have found presymptomatic spread doesn’t happen. I think it does personally, just by the ease it’s spread.

Asymptomatic spread is being questioned. There’s been some data to suggest that those who present mostly asymptomatic don’t shed the virus much so those folks aren’t thought to be a problem as much as originally thought.

Presymptomatic folks are still an issue. These are the folks that are infected and just don’t know it yet. They could be also asymptomatic as well if their case ends up being mild to non existent. However they could also be walking tombstones shedding the virus like a motherfucker.

It’s such a weird virus. I think I told you guys but the most surreal thing that I think I witnessed at the peak of the LTCH fiasco I think during this was in one cohorted unit was two psw’s in full ppe playing poker with covid positive people like it was a regular Tuesday afternoon. In all the sadness and chaos, here was this normalcy. Directly beside where they were playing were the belongings of 17 people that had died from covid already in the home. Their stuff was piled in an old dining area because there was no where else to put it and they couldn’t send the stuff to relatives because they didn’t know if the virus could still be on it.

That and watching the bodies being picked up from the homes. Wheeled out by people in fully contained suits like you see in the movies. When they are picked up they are full packed and wrapped and they write covid + on the bag in sharpie. It’s also written on the body. So tough for the workers who knew these people like family.

It was weird because it wasn’t how you would regularly treat a body. Cold and almost like no respect for the dead.

I am going to stress this again, we know this version of coronavirus is not deadly to most healthy people.
That said, i can all but guarantee that there will be a stronger, deadlier version coming. Most by now should understand that "conspiracy theories" do seem to come true. No matter how much the media tries to play them down.
I tend to think i spend more time then the average person researching this stuff. Its an obsession. Has been for many years. And everything i was told by the media i shouldnt pay attention to, comes to be proven true eventually.
So right now, no. Nothing to see here. In the near future, I strongly believe people will be dying from what is to come next.
I am preparing for a total isolation away from everyone else. Food, water filtration, firewood, etc.
I am fortunate enough to have a place in the country to get away from everyone when the time comes. I did this back in March as well, because at that time we didnt know.
I have plenty of respect for my friends here, and really do hope people are not relying on government and media for direction. They do not have your best interest in mind. They never have. Try and think of a time when your health was a priority.
I hope everyone will put some thought into a back up plan in case things turn ugly.
If i am wrong, great. In this case i hope i am very wrong.
Call me a nut all you want. It doesnt bother me. But if anyone thinks they can trust our government officials, especially after all the lies and misinformation, then i would think you are the crazy one. haha.
this is the most fucked up time in our lives. It doesnt hurt to overthink and have a backup plan to protect your family.