Low wbc count

TinyTim79

Trusted Member
I just got my blood work done for my annual physical. My neutrophil was flagged as low. Also my wbc was not flagged... but boarder line low.

I have been taking 20mg of novla for the last 3 weeks.
I read that may be the reason my wbc is low.

I'm getting off the novla now.. as I know my Dr will want me to repeat the test in a few weeks.

Anyone have any experience with this? Having low wbc from pct?

Also is two weeks enough time for my wbc to bounce back up, if it is the pct that is causing it?
Thanks.

I do not know the answer to your questions, but i am interested in knowing what your blood work comes back so please update it on here.

The half life of tamoxifen is 7 days so it seems like after a few weeks it should all be out of your system and whatever it was doing to supress your WBC production should come back to normal, maybe that's why the Dr said come back in a few weeks and do it again. Since this is a very common prescribed drug Dr's are probably very familiar with it and the side effects it produces.

You could try taking HCG and clomid for your PCT, I couldn't see online any info that said that a side effect of clomid can cause low WBC counts.

Very late reply, sorry about that.

This is likely a non-issue and regular lab variation,
If your WBC is normal, and your Neuts are above 1.5, you have nothing to worry about.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Also feel free to post the actual values for better assessment
PA

My wbc was 4.1
I got flagged for my Neutrophils at 1.4

I never did go for another blood work since.. doctor said it wasn't nessisary.

I still do the home kits for my hormone levels tho. The ones you send out over seas.

I wouldn’t think twice about this @TinyTim79, as long as your other cell lines are fine (hemoglobin and platelets).

Just store this in this back of your mind and when you repeat lab work in the future (anywhere from 6-24 months is reasonable), expect it to be the same or higher.

PM me if you have any specific questions or concerns,
PA

I wouldn’t think twice about this @TinyTim79, as long as your other cell lines are fine (hemoglobin and platelets).

Just store this in this back of your mind and when you repeat lab work in the future (anywhere from 6-24 months is reasonable), expect it to be the same or higher.

PM me if you have any specific questions or concerns,
PA
Thank you. I am due for blood work in February. I go every 12 months to my family dr.
Everything else was fine on that bloodwork... all in the middle rages of where they say it should be.
Thanks for helping me feel better about it.