LOL another piece for basement gym

bigcanadian

Trusted Member
Its been won & paid for, I just have to take it a part and get it home. Its from a high school that closed in 2018 and its 4mins from my house. I went Wednesday to view it and its in really nice shape. Having the small pad to rest against takes away the possiblity of hurting your back as long as contact is maintained. Pads are good, foot plate is angled perfectly, and other than a good wipe down and applying some lube on the guide rods, its mint!! I have an Atlantis seated calf and now this Body Masters.....so no excuses not to add some size to my calves for summer!!

Attachments

• Body Masters standing calf #11.jpg
    Body Masters standing calf #11.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 38
Thank you :)

I was the only one who bid on it. I know my heart was beating quicker as the timer counted. I thought somebody would sneak in a last minute bid but no one did!

Lol, that’s because no one else wants a calve machine. Damn I’m jealous. I have a seated, I’d love a standing, I am just out of room.

what I would really love is a smith machine. A good one though.

Thank you :)

I was the only one who bid on it. I know my heart was beating quicker as the timer counted. I thought somebody would sneak in a last minute bid but no one did!
Now that would be exciting, thinking you are getting this good deal and some asshole upbids you, lol.

Lol, that’s because no one else wants a calve machine. Damn I’m jealous. I have a seated, I’d love a standing, I am just out of room.

what I would really love is a smith machine. A good one though.
My buddy, who doesnt even train, just got a smith machine and a bunch of plates for fucking free!!
I will give him a month or so then offer to buy it. Haha

My buddy, who doesnt even train, just got a smith machine and a bunch of plates for fucking free!!
Bastard...
I’d love one because I train alone and chest is hard to really hammer without a partner.

Another good find.How about a Nautilus neck and trap machine?

My brother bought one last year for next to nothing. He used to train with me 20 years ago and every 3 or 4 years he will join a gym a go for a couple of months. Its being used as monkey bars now by his daughters

Another good find.How about a Nautilus neck and trap machine?

I have a red & white Hammer Strength shrug/lunge/deadlift machine but it takes quite a big area so it is sitting in storage at my brother's place. Is that a decent substitute for a Nautilus neck &trap?

Attachments

• HS lunge.jpg
    HS lunge.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
The old (really old) Nautilus neck and trap machine had pads for you to elevate your shoulders,and two pads that iirc swivelled to accommodate back and forth and side to side movements.The pads could be positioned to snugly fit your head,front and back and both sides.

They still come up for sale but are rather sought after,not dirt cheap.

I wish I had gear in my basement that way I don’t have bunch of weird men stare at me while I’m working out. My gym is weird I see girls doing their make up and taking selfies in the bathroom and I’m there strictly on business to work out.

I wish I had gear in my basement that way I don’t have bunch of weird men stare at me while I’m working out. My gym is weird I see girls doing their make up and taking selfies in the bathroom and I’m there strictly on business to work out.

You need to take the stares as compliments.

I’ll give you a story.
I had been doing a lot of renovations on my house. The lady that usually wrung me thru the till made a comment a few times about my arms.
Anyhow after being served by her at least a dozen times, one day when I was walking in she ran up to me, grabbed my arm and asked me how I was doing, and walked along with me, (she’s 60, I’m over a decade younger), anyhow I cringed at first, but didn’t let her notice, then I thought, well I guess I work out so these things are gonna to happen. Might as well give her a thrill, lol.
Truthfully it was a bit flattering, lol.

So you just need to look at it a different way. Even without makeup and sweating, working hard, these guys see something special about you, that’s why they stare, I’m guessing.

You need to take the stares as compliments.

I’ll give you a story.
I had been doing a lot of renovations on my house. The lady that usually wrung me thru the till made a comment a few times about my arms.
Anyhow after being served by her at least a dozen times, one day when I was walking in she ran up to me, grabbed my arm and asked me how I was doing, and walked along with me, (she’s 60, I’m over a decade younger), anyhow I cringed at first, but didn’t let her notice, then I thought, well I guess I work out so these things are gonna to happen. Might as well give her a thrill, lol.
Truthfully it was a bit flattering, lol.

So you just need to look at it a different way. Even without makeup and sweating, working hard, these guys see something special about you, that’s why they stare, I’m guessing.
Thank you that is so sweet & so true looking from different perspective I will definitely take your advice.

Thank you that is so sweet & so true looking from different perspective I will definitely take your advice.

The best part is, all those woman making themselves up to look good, and the guys still stare at you, lol.

Yeah, some are creepy, but hey if they get too frisky, do some deadlifts screaming with the neck veins bulging as you stare at them looking like you’ll rip them in half, lol

I’m not that muscular I have never taken steroids or anything but I always loved sports & working out. I don’t know if that advice will work for me but thank you.

I honestly don’t know if that was a joke or not as being Russian I feel like we really have dry since of humor.