Leg Stretching Devices

Cog

Trusted Member
Like many,I do not spend as much time stretching as I should,especially the hams and adductors.Have considered the stretching machines that martial artists sometime use.Seeking opinions on the safety and usefulness of these devices.ENSO martial arts supplies carries a good one.
https://shop.ensomartialarts.com

Hams and adductors.Injured an adductor a few years back.Flexibility is decreasing.

The first thing you must do is read, Thomaz Kurz, Stretching Scientifically. It will give you a base for your stretching program.
1570809367106.png
The above will put stress on your back, and the process for doing full splits isn't enhanced in this position.
1570809450360.png
The above type is much more expensive but is easier on your back. It also doesn't actually work on the split move.
What you want to work on if you wish to enhance flexibility is to work on side splits.
1570809689484.png
Bill Wallace's book Dynamic Stretching and Kicking is a good book on stretching.

The first thing you must do is read, Thomaz Kurz, Stretching Scientifically. It will give you a base for your stretching program.
View attachment 3058
The above will put stress on your back, and the process for doing full splits isn't enhanced in this position.
View attachment 3059
The above type is much more expensive but is easier on your back. It also doesn't actually work on the split move.
What you want to work on if you wish to enhance flexibility is to work on side splits.
View attachment 3060
Bill Wallace's book Dynamic Stretching and Kicking is a good book on stretching.
I guess this is want when I start my Muay Thai then?

I guess this is want when I start my Muay Thai then?

The two books would be could, but Wallace's kicking style was vastly different than Muay Thai. The stretches are basically the same. One extremely good source for Muay Thai is anything by Chai Sirisute. Books videos anything that is out there.
While you are at it do a search for Krabi Kabong.