Leg Extension machine??

bigcanadian

Trusted Member
I am looking toi buy a leg extension machine for my basement gym. I am hoping it will help warm up my knees. Then go to squats or leg presses or progress to working sets and pre-exhaust. I need one that will unbolt in order to get down the stairs and through a doorway. There are two I'm looking at but have never used......Nautilus Nitro and Cybex Eagle. Here is the good & bad (for me) on each machine....

Nautilus Nitro

Good -- almost half the asking price of the Cybex, really nice shape, narrow enough to fit in a spot under the stairs so I won't have to get rid of my Hammer Strength high row

Bad -- only 240lb weight stack, not as heavy as the Cybex (as I see it), farther of a drive by about 1hr 20mins round trip

Cybex Eagle

Good -- heavy 305lb weight stack, really nice shape, closer to me, sturdier built

Bad -- Double the price once gas is figured in, too large for under the stairs so I would need to put something in storage (this is really a BIG negative)

The only opinion I found online about either is someone saying the Nitro hurt their knees!!! Has anyone used either and what did you think? Please don't say "Just do squats & leg presses" because I am getting a leg extension damn it!! LOL

Here are the two (notice the Cybex comes with Barney purple pads)

Attachments

• branford #1.PNG
    branford #1.PNG
    573 KB · Views: 11
  • Cybex Eagle leg ext.JPG
    Cybex Eagle leg ext.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 11