Knee popping

Halliwell

Trusted Member
Hey I was wondering if anybody has had their knees sound like popping popcorn walking up stairs?And if you have, were you able to do anything to fix/get rid of the sound? There is no pain just sounds bad.

I get it sometimes. When it happens I'll just stop wherever I am and do a bunch of bodyweight squats to work out the gas.

"Over time, gas can build up in the areas surrounding the joint, forming tiny bubbles in the synovial fluid. When you bend your knee, some of the bubbles burst, and ligaments may snap or pop. This is normal, and happens to everyone from time to time."

My whole body makes sounds like a fucking 100 piece symphony orchestra when I move around unless I am %100 fully warmed up and even then there is still some percussive sounds come out. I think heavy fish oil dosing may have helped a little bit but I can't really say for sure because I'v been taking it for so long it's hard to remember that far back. I'm taking MSM these days too, hard to say what it's contributing as well.

Hey I was wondering if anybody has had their knees sound like popping popcorn walking up stairs?And if you have, were you able to do anything to fix/get rid of the sound? There is no pain just sounds bad.

When you are sitting place your hand on your knee while moving it. Do you feel or hear and of the popping or a grinding type feeling in your knee? If you do Google crepitus but don't get overly concerned.

@mt666tm I’ll try the body weight squats out maybe it’ll get rid of it.
@gondar1 i did stop taking fish oil a couple weeks ago right around when this started happening. Ill start taking that again. And if these don’t work I’ll just sigh louder walking up stairs so I don’t have to hear it hahaha.
@Bagua No sounds when I move my knee around so I don’t have to worry about that.
Thanks for you help guys!

My whole body pops. I think it’s a sign of inflammatory arthritic or at least it is early sign of it but medical term is called tribonucleation.

Last edited:
I only start to wonder if there’s something wrong when I can’t hear my knees making grinding and popping sounds.

If they don’t ache and hurt how do you know you're really alive?

My whole body pops. I think it’s a sign of inflammatory arthritic or at least it is early sign of it but medical term is called tribonucleation.

One Dr told me I was suffering from "rodehardandputawaywet" syndrome. He said it like it was one word like that too, had me worried for a second :)

Here are seven foods that can help athletes prevent arthritis and popping joints.
1) Red beets-high in antioxidants
2) Tea-helps with stress
3) Artichokes-fibers that feed healthy bacteria
4) Cloves-inflammation-fighter
5) Camu camu-vitamin C
6) extra-virgin olive oil-inflammation-fighter
7) Walnuts-omega 3s
Best of wishes.

Here are seven foods that can help athletes prevent arthritis and popping joints.
1) Red beets-high in antioxidants
2) Tea-helps with stress
3) Artichokes-fibers that feed healthy bacteria
4) Cloves-inflammation-fighter
5) Camu camu-vitamin C
6) extra-virgin olive oil-inflammation-fighter
7) Walnuts-omega 3s
Best of wishes.
Thanks! I’ll have to give a few of these try, more variety can never hurt.