Juneteenth

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePsyber

How's about we go corn hole us a drunk?
Trusted Member
I'm embarrassed to say I was not aware of the roots of it.

Good god.

I'm embarrassed to say I was not aware of the roots of it.

Good god.

You’re not American though.

People need to stop apologizing for things they were never a part of or made aware of.

Especially when it wasn’t a part of them or their history.

This damn well should be celebrated. No doubt. But don’t apologize for not knowing about such things. Jesus. This is a problem and a big one in so many ways.

Should be made a memorial holiday no doubt in my mind..... but change that fucking name. That’s just terrible.

People need to stop apologizing for things they were never a part of or made aware of.

This damn well should be celebrated. No doubt. But don’t apologize for not knowing about such things. Jesus. This is a problem and a big one in so many ways.

Should be made a memorial holiday no doubt in my mind..... but change that fucking name. That’s just terrible.

Agreed
Plus I had no idea what this was, nor do I care
I’ve never owned slaves, haven’t oppressed anyone and don’t live in the US
Couldn’t care less about this crap

Not as big of a deal up in Canada. I'm assuming it is because we were liberating slaves through the underground railroad for about 150(?) years before the emancipation of those who had been enslaved in the United States.

Still, we should know what it is, should probably be taught in history along with the Underground Railroad.

Agreed
Plus I had no idea what this was, nor do I care
I’ve never owned slaves, haven’t oppressed anyone and don’t live in the US
Couldn’t care less about this crap

Meanwhile, statues of white slave owners and abolitionists are being defaced and torn down as we speak. Hell, in the UK they vandalized a statue of Abraham Lincoln!

Still...over 400 blacks that could be considered nothing other than executed just because they were successful and "taking business from whites".

I hope hell has a lower level for the fucks who did that. That...that literally took my breath away. I don't know why because I know there have been ethnic purges in Africa that have killed HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS. One group of religious followers going from village to village with machetes because they ran out of bullets.

Maybe because it's so close and the word slave is so raw in North America? I don't consider it just an American thing, considering how much we had in helping slaves.

The name of the day is fucked. They need to name for all the other slavery that was ended on the day if nothing else.

Racial Freedom Day or something.

Still...over 400 blacks that could be considered nothing other than executed just because they were successful and "taking business from whites".

I hope hell has a lower level for the fucks who did that. That...that literally took my breath away. I don't know why because I know there have been ethnic purges in Africa that have killed HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS. One group of religious followers going from village to village with machetes because they ran out of bullets.

Maybe because it's so close and the word slave is so raw in North America? I don't consider it just an American thing, considering how much we had in helping slaves.

The name of the day is fucked. They need to name for all the other slavery that was ended on the day if nothing else.

Man there has been so many killings, conquering, slavery, wars, injustices all over the world for the last few thousand years
Guess what it happened a long time ago.
Now we can learn from history but where do we draw the line.
How many people did the romans fuck over???
We aren’t apologizing for that shit....
What makes one injustice more important than the others

Man there has been so many killings, conquering, slavery, wars, injustices all over the world for the last few thousand years
Guess what it happened a long time ago.
Now we can learn from history but where do we draw the line.
How many people did the romans fuck over???
We aren’t apologizing for that shit....
What makes one injustice more important than the others
There has to be a line somewhere as far as responsibility and actions done and they pretty much drew it at about 1900 which made sense because it was basically the start of the industrial revolution and the proliferation of global civility.

Juneteenth isn't named just for the 400 that were slaughtered, it's about the end of slavery and the sllooooowwwww implementation of activities to get black people recognized as equal to white people. (and yet we still see racism even to today). It's kind of a catchall for all the fucked up shit done against blacks.

There has to be a line somewhere as far as responsibility and actions done and they pretty much drew it at about 1900 which made sense because it was basically the start of the industrial revolution and the proliferation of global civility.

Juneteenth isn't named just for the 400 that were slaughtered, it's about the end of slavery and the sllooooowwwww implementation of activities to get black people recognized as equal to white people. (and yet we still see racism even to today). It's kind of a catchall for all the fucked up shit done against blacks.

oh ok, so everything pre 1900 doesn’t matter I guess

And what do you mean by responsibility!?!?
Pretty sure no one in the USA today has owned slaves
How people today be responsible for actions of others
I guess how that’s just how the liberal mind works
Same people that think you can pick what geneder you are

oh ok, so everything pre 1900 doesn’t matter I guess

And what do you mean by responsibility!?!?
Pretty sure no one in the USA today has owned slaves
How people today be responsible for actions of others
I guess how that’s just how the liberal mind works
Same people that think you can pick what geneder you are

No, everything pre 1900 does matter but at some point as far as current and now has to have a limit or nobody would work. I bring it up because it's considered by most to basically be the beginning of relevance. There needs to be a date and that's generally considered the date. It can be 1865 which was the end of slavery or 1875 when something else like the end of the debate of there needing to be both large AND small-mouthed bass too. But 1865/1900 is generally considered to be it.

But wait, 3ml says! We need us a Happy Romans Killed 20,000 of Attila The Hun's forces day just so that I can bring up irreverent things that are now in our date and time!

No, everything pre 1900 does matter but at some point as far as current and now has to have a limit or nobody would work. I bring it up because it's considered by most to basically be the beginning of relevance. There needs to be a date and that's generally considered the date. It can be 1865 which was the end of slavery or 1875 when something else like the end of the debate of there needing to be both large AND small-mouthed bass too. But 1865/1900 is generally considered to be it.

But wait, 3ml says! We need us a Happy Romans Killed 20,000 of Attila The Hun's forces day just so that I can bring up irreverent things that are now in our date and time!

Fuck are you stupid
So at a certain point history is irrelevant?
Makes a lot of sense
Except that our present day was shaped by every single piece of history that happened

so yes if you want to cry the blues about black slavery then you should honour every other being that went through slavery

Or is it just not strong enough virtue signalling for you?

I don’t know why you even try...other than about 3 people on this board everyone else thinks you belong in a lunatic asylum

also
Have you ever asked or participated in a discussion here about bodybuilding, powerlifting, AAS or evening CrossFit for fuck sakes

No you don’t
You do realize this is a bodybuilding website right? Not a place for some lunatic who hasn’t had enough lithium to ramble on with stupid posts that irritate everyone.

Is your life that sad that you spend so much time on a board where people cannot stand you? You spend so much time typing out worthless drivel in a nonsensical way.

Why exactly are you here?

Don't forget the Barbary slave trade, in which North Africans traded 1M+ European slaves, for labor and sexual purposes. This was largely during the same period as the North American slave trade.

If you get a chance, read Skeletons on the Zahara by Dean King. Great book about this.

also
Have you ever asked or participated in a discussion here about bodybuilding, powerlifting, AAS or evening CrossFit for fuck sakes

No you don’t
You do realize this is a bodybuilding website right? Not a place for some lunatic who hasn’t had enough lithium to ramble on with stupid posts that irritate everyone.

Is your life that sad that you spend so much time on a board where people cannot stand you? You spend so much time typing out worthless drivel in a nonsensical way.

Why exactly are you here?
Actually I've been involved with AAS since I was thirty so yes, over twenty years.

As for what I do now fitness-wise, I'm a triathlete with a BUNCH of medical injuries that would make my ability to live let alone compete in local events impossible without AAS so yes, I'd say I'm more into AAS than A LOT of people who use it for recreational use only. Me? I use it to live/try to have as many comfortable years left in my life as possible. No AAS/TRT=tied to a bed. AAS/TRT=life and a fitness life.

Don't forget the Barbary slave trade, in which North Africans traded 1M+ European slaves, for labor and sexual purposes. This was largely during the same period as the North American slave trade.

If you get a chance, read Skeletons on the Zahara by Dean King. Great book about this.
I love history of all kinds and I will get it. Thanks!

Actually I've been involved with AAS since I was thirty so yes, over twenty years.

As for what I do now fitness-wise, I'm a triathlete with a BUNCH of medical injuries that would make my ability to live let alone compete in local events impossible without AAS so yes, I'd say I'm more into AAS than A LOT of people who use it for recreational use only. Me? I use it to live/try to have as many comfortable years left in my life as possible. No AAS/TRT=tied to a bed. AAS/TRT=life and a fitness life.

Serious question: was that during your time as a cop? I've seen some jacked cops, and it's pretty obvious they use gear. What is the attitude within police circles towards AAS? Kind of a "don't ask, don't tell" thing?

You realize slavery and human trafficking are still shockingly prevalent today right?

But why shine any light on or focus any energy on that fucking disaster? You know.... something where we could actually make a difference instead of just sitting around and complaining or posting about how guilty you are about something you had absolutely no part in or can ever change.

But why fucking do that? Fuck my entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.