Joe Rogan's Gut

vancitybb

Trusted Member
Joe Rogan stripped down on his podcast to weigh himself after "sober October" and there's a lot of talk about his physique - namely, his gut. People are comparing it to the "bubble gut" some bodybuilders develop.
Joe has copped to taking therapeutic doses of test and hgh as an anti-aging regimen. Many are blaming the hgh for this look (as they do in bodybuilding circles). However he must be on a pretty low dose, and I'm more inclined to believe Dorian Yates' theory that insulin is to blame. Joe has never admitted to running insulin.

Anyways, here's a pic of what everyone is talking about...
joe-rogan-bubble-gut.jpg

Either the dude is just fat or he has been running slin and GH which gives the distended belly look. Can ever be ripped but it sticks out,

Either the dude is just fat or he has been running slin and GH which gives the distended belly look. Can ever be ripped but it sticks out,

I think that's what sets this look apart from just being fat: the abs are still visible and ripped, but the belly sticks out like a pregnant lady.

I think that's what sets this look apart from just being fat: the abs are still visible and ripped, but the belly sticks out like a pregnant lady.

I saw the actual video, he looked in pretty good shape. Better than the picks. I have met him and he is a pretty thick short guy. He does a ton of martial arts training and that does give a thicker midsection.

He talks openly about TRT and GH. I doubt slin but nothing surprises me anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the actual video, he looked in pretty good shape. Better than the picks. I have met him and he is a pretty thick short guy. He does a ton of martial arts training and that does give a thicker midsection.

He talks openly about TRT and GH. I doubt slin but nothing surprises me anymore.

Yeah that pic I posted is definitely the worst angle, maybe taken as he moved in a weird way. The video doesn't look so bad. He's actually in great shape for a 52 yr old

Now I don't have to comment. Thanks, JuJu!

Looks like his belly is inflamed or he is storing a bunch of visceral fat. Could be one in the same. He could also have a boxy midsection to begin with, (genetically speaking) which won’t help.

So maybe all of the above along with a bad pic.

A guy doing what he does has no use for insulin.

He's just fat and was trying to hold in his gut to hide it while flexing his core and it was spilling over. He's well off financially and I'm sure he loves to eat a lot of good food and enjoy life. He just holds more fat in his midsection like a lot of men, even with his amount of muscularity elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he talks about this soon and cleans up his diet down the road and gets lean for fun. He's done it before.

Not singling you out, your post is just easy to respond to...

He's not fat. This is all just a bunch of shitposting by guys on mma sites and reddit who don't know their ass from a whole in the ground. Same guys who say GSP has GH gut and anyone with little bumps on their skin (up above the belly button in some cases) must be on GH cause "roiders inject it into stomach fat dude!".

Anybody can take a shit picture and use it to back up their claims. Joe has always been built like that, no taper. He is just "thicc" and does a fuckton of core work. Google 'Joe Rogan shirtless' - you'll see pics going back at least 30 years, he looks just the same but has since matured with age as almost any man who lifts will. Google GSP GH gut while you're at it to see the pics of him with bubble belly that "prove" his GH use lol. When you breath properly using your diaphragm your stomach is gonna bulge.

He is pretty open about his use of Test and GH although I've never heard him discuss doses. He calls it TRT but I wouldn't be surprised if he bumps it up a notch on occasion, he wouldn't be the first.

If you watch the podcast he mentions (paraphrasing here) that he weighs 205 but has been pigging out on carbs lately and is a little bloated. Says he usually weighs 195.

Visceral fat and some high carb bloat combined with an opportunistic picture, nothing to see here unless you are a jealous weasel or trolling mma forums. I doubt he is more than about 12% BF 2 weeks from now or a month ago.

Not singling you out, your post is just easy to respond to...

He's not fat. This is all just a bunch of shitposting by guys on mma sites and reddit who don't know their ass from a whole in the ground. Same guys who say GSP has GH gut and anyone with little bumps on their skin (up above the belly button in some cases) must be on GH cause "roiders inject it into stomach fat dude!".

Anybody can take a shit picture and use it to back up their claims. Joe has always been built like that, no taper. He is just "thicc" and does a fuckton of core work. Google 'Joe Rogan shirtless' - you'll see pics going back at least 30 years, he looks just the same but has since matured with age as almost any man who lifts will. Google GSP GH gut while you're at it to see the pics of him with bubble belly that "prove" his GH use lol. When you breath properly using your diaphragm your stomach is gonna bulge.

He is pretty open about his use of Test and GH although I've never heard him discuss doses. He calls it TRT but I wouldn't be surprised if he bumps it up a notch on occasion, he wouldn't be the first.

If you watch the podcast he mentions (paraphrasing here) that he weighs 205 but has been pigging out on carbs lately and is a little bloated. Says he usually weighs 195.

Visceral fat and some high carb bloat combined with an opportunistic picture, nothing to see here unless you are a jealous weasel or trolling mma forums. I doubt he is more than about 12% BF 2 weeks from now or a month ago.

I also have never heard him talk dosages either but the US is very different than Canada. I have a cousin in US that his TRT clinic will prescribe Test up to about 250mg a week (their target is free test up to 1250) plus 100mg of deca per week to help joint pain (he is ex military) and 1 1/2 iu GH per day.

That would be a nice cycle for me lol

I watched the video and tbey definitely got the absolute worse angle possible as he was leaning down.. I agree it kinda looks weird, but didn't look like gh gut to me..

He definitely doesn't use insulin
i saw a few of his podcasts and he does a low carb/keto diet, so theres no way he would use insulin

GH can cause insulin resistance though, especially if used incorrectly
insulin resistance = more visceral fat

You guys know this weigh in was after sober October. He said he didn't use anything and just ate a bunch of carbs.. I dont think he was watching his diet at all

I know that look. if I’m heavily bulking on food, running like 400 or so mg of test with a tiny bit of gh and not controlling my estrogen, I get the same look.
I believe (partly because I may have figured out what it was on me) that it’s visceral fat mainly with a bit of water bloating. I can have a gut with a 6 pack On top. It’s the strangest looking thing and only started to happen the last few years. It was happening before my gh useage, but gh can enhance the look.
As soon as I tighten up my diet it starts to go away. My wife made a mention that some old guys get that huge medicine ball like gut, that’s hard as a rock, others get the floppy fat under the skin, I came to the conclusion that im the medicine ball type that stores more extra fat viscerally.

Like right now, I have a similar gut, not quite like that, but if I was running more gear than 100 mg of test a week and 2 iu of gh, kept eating shit, I’d look the same in a month.

My Tae Kwon Do master taught us to breath using the abdomen, pushing your stomach out as you inhale. Given my frame, I'm pretty sure I'd be built like this if I'd kept it up.

Multiply that by 100 and you have Ibuki breathing from Goju.

I also have never heard him talk dosages either but the US is very different than Canada. I have a cousin in US that his TRT clinic will prescribe Test up to about 250mg a week (their target is free test up to 1250) plus 100mg of deca per week to help joint pain (he is ex military) and 1 1/2 iu GH per day.

That would be a nice cycle for me lol

1250 FT? Are you sure? Low TT (in U.S.) is determined by a value of 300ng/dL or lower. A value of 31.4 nmol/L (Cdn lab value) converted to ng/dL is 904. A value of 1200ng/dL is 41nmol/L. Having had a look at my spreadsheet, 41nmol/L roughly translates to a FT value between 700pmol/L to 900pmol/L. Personally, I find a FT level around 750 to be ideal, but I don't put a ton of faith in blood test results, that is, unless you average the results over weeks or months. Case in point, I had two blood tests for two different doctors. I had a blood test for my GP, and the following day I had a test for my endo. My injection schedule is Tues evening, Sat morning. First test was on Monday morning, TT was 32.5, FT was 620. Perfect values, so I did bloods for endo Tues morning. TT was 41, FT was 874. Recall, I don't take my injection until Tues evening, so the logic of decreasing half-lives dictates that those values would be lower, not higher. There is so much variability that I will cut my TRT dose back 10% or just skip Tues shot and do bloods on a Fri, letting those half-lives work their magic. It was shit luck I had the test results from Monday, as my endo called me as soon as he had viewed the results.

I'm envious of labs in the U.S. that allow for greater flexibility. The GH is awesome, but adding 100mg of deca can create complications. I like deca, I feel great, physically, but I seem to get all the side effects. Very small amounts thicken my blood, spike my estrogen, and that's on all of 30mg per week. And, my libido disappears after a couple weeks. I know others who fare the same and use nolvadex. I just stopped deca, too much bother. Joints did feel nice, though. Wish I tolerated it better.

Last edited:
1250 FT? Are you sure? Low TT (in U.S.) is determined by a value of 300ng/dL or lower. A value of 31.4 nmol/L (Cdn lab value) converted to ng/dL is 904. A value of 1200ng/dL is 41nmol/L. Having had a look at my spreadsheet, 41nmol/L roughly translates to a FT value between 700pmol/L to 900pmol/L. Personally, I find a FT levels around 750 to be ideal, but I don't put a ton of faith in blood test results, that is, unless you average the results over weeks or months. Case in point, I had two blood tests for two different doctors. I had a test for my GP, and the following day I had a test for my endo. My injection schedule is Tues evening, Sat morning. First test was on Monday morning, TT was 32.5, FT was 620. Perfect values, so I did bloods for endo Tues morning. TT was 41, FT was 874. Recall, I don't take my injection until Tues evening, so logic dictates that those values would be lower, not higher. There is so much variability that I will cut my TRT dose back 10% or just skip Tues shot and do bloods on a Fri, letting those half-lives work their magic. It was shit luck I had the test results from Monday, as my endo called me as soon as he had viewed the results.

I'm envious of labs in the U.S. that allow for greater flexibility. The GH is awesome, but adding 100mg of deca can create complications. I like deca, I feel great, physically, but I seem to get all the side effects. Very small amounts thicken my blood, spike my estrogen, and that's on all of 30mg per week. Oh, my libido disappears after a couple weeks. I know others who fair the same way, and was told to use nolvadex. I just stopped the deca, too much bother. Joints did feel nice, though. Wish I tolerated it better.

Yes 1250 ng/dl is correct....crazy...my hemoglobin would be through the roof at that level if at that level year round