Increased VTE Risk With Testosterone Therapy

Well I’m good it’s been years, lol
Now in one study by the Mayo Clinic found no link, but this study did?
I think I’ll hold out until more studies come out on this.
Now also, was any supplementation such as low dose aspirin or fish oil used? Were they donating blood at proper intervals like it is suggested?
I bet if you were to do this study again with knowledgeable recreational bodybuilders you might find different results, because I bet not one of those people on hrt were told to take fish oil or donate blood.

love a nice new study, reminds me of walking into the house as a fresh cooked loaf of bread is coming out of the oven...

love a nice new study, reminds me of walking into the house as a fresh cooked loaf of bread is coming out of the oven...

If you go to the bottom of the one I last posted, you will find links to quite a few more. Enjoy!

Regardless of what a given study says, bloodwork is never a bad idea. I know I should get mine done more often. Thanks for the info @Bagua

Great article and I agree with it 100% when they said testosterone therapy should not be given to anyone without a pre-screening test. Anyone who is planning on talking TRT or steroids should always get bloodwork before and during and after! 👍

I have to add too that i don't think its just the testosterone causing the issue. I do think these ppl that are prescribed testosterone have underlying issues and the testosterone is added and amplifies that problem. As they state they noticed an association between the two and not a direct cause of the issue.

I have to add too that i don't think its just the testosterone causing the issue. I do think these ppl that are prescribed testosterone have underlying issues, and the testosterone is added and amplifies that problem. As they state they noticed an association between the two and not a direct cause of the issue.

, and therein lay the puzzle of TRT.

, and therein lay the puzzle of TRT.
For the sake of conversation here. I'm going to say the puzzle doesn't lie with TRT but in the studies.
There is always too much correlation to determine causation. And way too many variables. Ferinstance...
One symptom of low T is depression. So we cure it with TRT but the study says we risk CVD.
Who cares less about their health, happy people or depressed people? There is always the Healthy Lifestyle Bias.
2017- 793k people killed themselves. But how many of the 17.79m CVD people Big Mac'd themselves to death? Or the 9.56m smoked themselves under? Or the other 12 things higher than suicide weren't exaggerated due to depression?
I'll risk smiling during my heart attack in my 80's then offing myself in my 40's or 50's. TRT for the easy win.

Attachments

• Death.png
    Death.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 3
Thx, but it didn’t really state anything we didn’t already know. The reason why we all donate blood.
Now does fish oil, and daily low dose asprin stop dvt?
Also where these participants involved in any exercise program. That would greatly change results.

Lmao. One day I will find a study about TRT that has men who exercise regularly, don't smoke or drink. Take fish oil and low dose aspirin, donate blood combined with a control group that doesn't donate, take low dose aspirin or fish oil and live in Helsinki.
To be honest with you, if I posted the contradictory studies on fish oil I get, we could go on for eternity. Same with low dose aspirin. Put them both together and you have something altogether different. Possibly a contraindication.
https://www.livescience.com/64124-omega-3-aspirin-heart-health.html

lets remember that TRT is designed for people to take a replacement testosterone so that they have no side effects. Testosterone does not cause any diseases, high doses of testosterone causes issues. The problem is not the testosterone the problem is that people ignore the side effects or take additional products to mask the side effects and they the end up with problems and they blame the TRT. The problems arise because you didn't listen to the body when it told you that you were taking too much. Dr's need to prescribe enough testosterone to get the patient into optimal ranges, the same levels they had when they were 20-30 years old, that number is different for everyone and you need to listen to the body and adjust the dose accordingly so that you can find the optimal amount for each person. How do you find this, give the patient a small dose, see them again in a couple weeks, talk to them, do they have side effects do they feel better? If yes stay there run blood work, if no raise the dose slightly. Its easy and not scary and dangerous.

lets remember that TRT is designed for people to take a replacement testosterone so that they have no side effects. Testosterone does not cause any diseases, high doses of testosterone causes issues. The problem is not the testosterone the problem is that people ignore the side effects or take additional products to mask the side effects and they the end up with problems and they blame the TRT. The problems arise because you didn't listen to the body when it told you that you were taking too much. Dr's need to prescribe enough testosterone to get the patient into optimal ranges, the same levels they had when they were 20-30 years old, that number is different for everyone and you need to listen to the body and adjust the dose accordingly so that you can find the optimal amount for each person. How do you find this, give the patient a small dose, see them again in a couple weeks, talk to them, do they have side effects do they feel better? If yes stay there run blood work, if no raise the dose slightly. Its easy and not scary and dangerous.

You found a choir.