Improving digestion when bulking

Swole_T1D

Trusted Member
Slowly planning my bulk and was currently working around my nutrition and was thinking about digestive issue.

I know that when i start eating heavier meals, my digestion start to slow down, still don't know if it impact the absorbtion of the nutrients but i think it could.

It's easy to add dirty calories and not having too much foods to digest (not my intention) but when using clean calories, foods volume can get pretty massive.

I want to get the best out of my foods by improving digestion during this higher calories intake timelapse and also to reduce my digestion time so i'm not still feeling too full when eating again 3h later.

What are your best advice to improve digestion quality and speed?

For me i had to get rid of brown rice and sweet potatoes. I wasnt digesting them quick enough. Also watch things like onions, garlic. Check out the fodmap and figure out what foods you dont digest well. I thought I had an issue with beef but if was actually the garlic i add to it everytime. You can also look into the vertical diet. Its not really a bulk diet, but alows you to get in much more food using his methods.

For me i had to get rid of brown rice and sweet potatoes. I wasnt digesting them quick enough. Also watch things like onions, garlic. Check out the fodmap and figure out what foods you dont digest well. I thought I had an issue with beef but if was actually the garlic i add to it everytime. You can also look into the vertical diet. Its not really a bulk diet, but alows you to get in much more food using his methods.

Thx going to take a look at fodmap, can be usefull for sure.
Vertical diet seems interesting too, i recently look at it deeper and it's something i'm gonna give a try during my bulk and see how it do with me. Look pretty simple.

I take Genestra HMF Powder Probiotic and Betaine. I had gastro issues prior and after 30 days, my stomach stopped churning after eating with gas, etc.
Only product I tried that really helped.

FIBER.
And a digestive enzyme with your 3 largest meals.

When you eat clean foods, like potatoes, rice, lean chicken and beef, you shit literally dries out and is difficult for your body to move it thru your digestive track. It gets stuck on the folds, and you feel much more bloated because it never really all passes thru.
Add in fiber. 1 large tablespoon of Metamucil 2-1 fine before bed with a full glass of water. If you get more bunged up because of the fiber intake (remember fiber absorbs water) you are not drinking enough fluid. A gallon a day of fluids is a must.
The best part is fiber is a probiotic so it enhances the natural microbes in you gut, so normally you never need extra probiotic support, unless you get diarrhea from being sick and shit out a bunch of bacteria, or have to take antibiotics.
Be forewarned, the first week you do this be prepared to shit a lot and enormous turds. The fiber will scavenge all the stuck crap in your digestive track and remove it.
Another benefit is fiber has been scientifically proven to lower ldl and greatly drops the chances of colon cancer.

If even after fiber sumplementation, every once in a while because of the volume of clean foods you are eating still bungs you up, a 1/2 dose of restorlax before bed will get things flowing again. But this is only used if you dont poop for a couple of days. Restoralax is completely harmless, even approved for the use in babies, plus it’s not a laxative in the chemical induced gastric movement, so you can use it as often as needed, then stop and not have any ill effects, like the lack of a signal to poop.

FIBER.

When you eat clean foods, like potatoes, rice, lean chicken and beef, you shit literally dries out and is difficult for your body to move it thru your digestive track. It gets stuck on the folds, and you feel much more bloated because it never really all passes thru.
Add in fiber. 1 large tablespoon of Metamucil 2-1 fine before bed with a full glass of water. If you get more bunged up because of the fiber intake (remember fiber absorbs water) you are not drinking enough fluid. A gallon a day of fluids is a must.
The best part is fiber is a probiotic so it enhances the natural microbes in you gut, so normally you never need extra probiotic support, unless you get diarrhea from being sick and shit out a bunch of bacteria, or have to take antibiotics.
Be forewarned, the first week you do this be prepared to shit a lot and enormous turds. The fiber will scavenge all the stuck crap in your digestive track and remove it.
Another benefit is fiber has been scientifically proven to lower ldl and greatly drops the chances of colon cancer.

If even after fiber sumplementation, every once in a while because of the volume of clean foods you are eating still bungs you up, a 1/2 dose of restorlax before bed will get things flowing again. But this is only used if you dont poop for a couple of days. Restoralax is completely harmless, even approved for the use in babies, plus it’s not a laxative in the chemical induced gastric movement, so you can use it as often as needed, then stop and not have any ill effects, like the lack of a signal to poop.

Thx man for your advice, i have half tub of metamucil 3in1 left i will start to use it again daily instead of only when things slow down and see how it improve digestive issues.

FIBER.

Gallon. Lol! I haven't head that in a long time.

Rely on fats more.

Look at the amount of cals in nuts, avocados, coconut oil etc. Much easier to eat then pounding down tons and tons of carbs.

Rely on fats more.

Look at the amount of cals in nuts, avocados, coconut oil etc. Much easier to eat then pounding down tons and tons of carbs.
Doesn't work for me, fats slow down my digestion so much I can only eat 3 times a day..lol .I also dont gain weight, need carbs to bulk.

Rely on fats more.

Yeah have a problem similar with fats, i can't used them too much it make my blood sugar harder to control because on the delayed absorption.

I used almonds in my break and can add some fats in my pre bed shake but if i keep fats to high in my bigger meals, things start to get tricky with my insulin dosage, i can't really run high fats when using moderate/high carbs

And since i'm going to use hgh i want to maximixe my insulin use with higher carb for this bulk.

I prefer using fats when i'm lower in calories so i can still feel full, while using less carbs

Thanks for your advice

I use the imperial system all the time. Everything at work is in pounds, except cold cuts and that is grams.

I can go back and forth but am lost with gallons and pints.
Do you make your own cold cuts?

Oats are a no go for me. It destroys my hunger. Avoid orals as they also mess up digestion. I put back a good 6L of water daily. Do your cardio, it will keep up hunger and heart health

Oats are a no go for me. It destroys my hunger. Avoid orals as they also mess up digestion. I put back a good 6L of water daily. Do your cardio, it will keep up hunger and heart health

Oats giving me a hard time too when using too much at a time.
Don't wanna use oral exept maybe proviron for this bulk, so they won't mess my stomach.
Will keep a 20-25min LISS eveyday this bulk and see how it help, should at least be good for health.

Thx for your advice

I really like a product called Betaine HCL. Works very well. I personally do not load up on fiber. It can cause things to slow down too much. A good probiotic overload also assists very well.
I still eat recommended amounts of fiber, but I don't try and take in extra.

Something else that helps getting things cleared out prior to a bulker is a product called Wild Rose Detox, simply the best one I have ever used. I use it 4 times per year with amazing results that last.

Oats giving me a hard time too when using too much at a time.
Don't wanna use oral exept maybe proviron for this bulk, so they won't mess my stomach.
Will keep a 20-25min LISS eveyday this bulk and see how it help, should at least be good for health.

Thx for your advice
You considered cream of rice?

Faster digesting that oats for me and they dont sit in your stomach like a brick.

I really like a product called Betaine HCL. Works very well. I personally do not load up on fiber. It can cause things to slow down too much. A good probiotic overload also assists very well.
I still eat recommended amounts of fiber, but I don't try and take in extra.

That’s funny I take in too much fiber and I poop a lot more frequently. We are all different.