Improved liver enzymes

Goldenrod

Staff member
Thought I would share this:
I have mild fatty liver and all my liver enzyme tests are normal but my GGT hasn’t been raised (mildly) for several years. Doctors aren’t worried about it but I am to some degree.
I don’t take Tylenol and in general don’t drink which are two known issues to cause this issue plus I was not on any AAS during this time.
I am now taking a TRT dose of test enanthate and added a few new supplements to my daily preventative and health regimen:
Ginger root twice a day - multiple studies prove this helps protect the liver and particularly for fatty liver.
Betaine - digestion and also known to help with fatty liver.
Probiotic - twice a day

So - recently had full liver panel done and for the first time in 3 years my ggt is normal as is all my other liver enzymes. I don’t know which one it is and I don’t really care. I eat raw ginger and it is cheap at the grocery store, betain is relatively inexpensive and probiotics are just a good idea.

Caution with the probiotics. They can cause gastric distress over time.
Don’t take more than once a day, and take weekends off.

I’m a bit of an expert on colon health after have colon/digestion issues.
I find for me probiotics are only needed no more than a couple days a month, and eating sauerkraut, natural apple cider vinegar (with mother) is better.
As we age, our digestive enzyme output reduces. Taking a basic digestive enzyme once a day will make a huge difference to your digestion. I went from being a gassy, stinky person to normal digestion.
I bet that by improving you digestion with the ginger, betaine and probiotics helped.
But like I said too much gut bacteria is as bad as not enough. So pay attention and if you digestion starts to act up stop the probiotic for a while.

Caution with the probiotics. They can cause gastric distress over time.
Don’t take more than once a day, and take weekends off.

I’m a bit of an expert on colon health after have colon/digestion issues.
I find for me probiotics are only needed no more than a couple days a month, and eating sauerkraut, natural apple cider vinegar (with mother) is better.
As we age, our digestive enzyme output reduces. Taking a basic digestive enzyme once a day will make a huge difference to your digestion. I went from being a gassy, stinky person to normal digestion.
I bet that by improving you digestion with the ginger, betaine and probiotics helped.
But like I said too much gut bacteria is as bad as not enough. So pay attention and if you digestion starts to act up stop the probiotic for a while.
I also eat a full bottle of sauerkraut a week and drink ACV with my water all the time. I will continue with the probiotics for a month and then stop, rinse and repeat, etc. Everything in moderation - thanks for the info and advice.

I also eat a full bottle of sauerkraut a week and drink ACV with my water all the time. I will continue with the probiotics for a month and then stop, rinse and repeat, etc. Everything in moderation - thanks for the info and advice.
I only know the probiotic thing thru experience. After about 1 1/2 months damn my guts felt toxic. Sometimes spastic shitting after eating. I had looked it up and it is a common issue from probiotic overuse. But we are all different, if you body is killing off the bacteria quickly you may be fine.

I only know the probiotic thing thru experience. After about 1 1/2 months damn my guts felt toxic. Sometimes spastic shitting after eating. I had looked it up and it is a common issue from probiotic overuse. But we are all different, if you body is killing off the bacteria quickly you may be fine.
Thanks for the info brother!

Just another short update. It was my regular blood test time with my doctor and she was amazed - best they have ever been. She ordered a more in-depth blood profile for my liver per my request. The numbers have continued to improve since my LGC blood test a few weeks ago. I normally spread tests out longer but this was a scheduled test for other health reasons. My doc always checks my liver when any blood is done.
My main point to all of this - I’m on gear again albeit lower doses and this protocol I’m running continues to keep my liver getting better.
I would like to know if it’s the synergistic affect of licorice, probiotics, betaine, and ginger or just one. I will run a test shortly - stop all but one and get a test and so on.
This information may be helpful for people interested in harm reduction with liver toxic orals.
Regardless, if it helps one person it is worth posting.