Improved liver enzymes

Goldenrod

Trusted Member
Thought I would share this:
I have mild fatty liver and all my liver enzyme tests are normal but my GGT hasn’t been raised (mildly) for several years. Doctors aren’t worried about it but I am to some degree.
I don’t take Tylenol and in general don’t drink which are two known issues to cause this issue plus I was not on any AAS during this time.
I am now taking a TRT dose of test enanthate and added a few new supplements to my daily preventative and health regimen:
Ginger root twice a day - multiple studies prove this helps protect the liver and particularly for fatty liver.
Betaine - digestion and also known to help with fatty liver.
Probiotic - twice a day

So - recently had full liver panel done and for the first time in 3 years my ggt is normal as is all my other liver enzymes. I don’t know which one it is and I don’t really care. I eat raw ginger and it is cheap at the grocery store, betain is relatively inexpensive and probiotics are just a good idea.

Sorbate

Noob
Trusted Member
Caution with the probiotics. They can cause gastric distress over time.
Don’t take more than once a day, and take weekends off.

I’m a bit of an expert on colon health after have colon/digestion issues.
I find for me probiotics are only needed no more than a couple days a month, and eating sauerkraut, natural apple cider vinegar (with mother) is better.
As we age, our digestive enzyme output reduces. Taking a basic digestive enzyme once a day will make a huge difference to your digestion. I went from being a gassy, stinky person to normal digestion.
I bet that by improving you digestion with the ginger, betaine and probiotics helped.
But like I said too much gut bacteria is as bad as not enough. So pay attention and if you digestion starts to act up stop the probiotic for a while.

Goldenrod

Trusted Member
Caution with the probiotics. They can cause gastric distress over time.
Don’t take more than once a day, and take weekends off.

I’m a bit of an expert on colon health after have colon/digestion issues.
I find for me probiotics are only needed no more than a couple days a month, and eating sauerkraut, natural apple cider vinegar (with mother) is better.
As we age, our digestive enzyme output reduces. Taking a basic digestive enzyme once a day will make a huge difference to your digestion. I went from being a gassy, stinky person to normal digestion.
I bet that by improving you digestion with the ginger, betaine and probiotics helped.
But like I said too much gut bacteria is as bad as not enough. So pay attention and if you digestion starts to act up stop the probiotic for a while.
I also eat a full bottle of sauerkraut a week and drink ACV with my water all the time. I will continue with the probiotics for a month and then stop, rinse and repeat, etc. Everything in moderation - thanks for the info and advice.

Sorbate

Noob
Trusted Member
I also eat a full bottle of sauerkraut a week and drink ACV with my water all the time. I will continue with the probiotics for a month and then stop, rinse and repeat, etc. Everything in moderation - thanks for the info and advice.
I only know the probiotic thing thru experience. After about 1 1/2 months damn my guts felt toxic. Sometimes spastic shitting after eating. I had looked it up and it is a common issue from probiotic overuse. But we are all different, if you body is killing off the bacteria quickly you may be fine.

Goldenrod

Trusted Member
I only know the probiotic thing thru experience. After about 1 1/2 months damn my guts felt toxic. Sometimes spastic shitting after eating. I had looked it up and it is a common issue from probiotic overuse. But we are all different, if you body is killing off the bacteria quickly you may be fine.
Thanks for the info brother!