If you think Covid is GONE, think again

LePsyber

How's about we go corn hole us a drunk?
Trusted Member
The plant my son works at is in food production. A worker just got COVID and cancelled all shifts so they can clean the whole plant.

20 US states are up as well...some of them to their highest levels since the outbreak.

This shit makes it to the fall as strong as it's maintaining, it is NOT going to be good.

its gone when people stop talking about it but then someone brings it up again :p

I brought it up because I think people are treating just like they said they would. It would go on and people would get tired of hearing about it, speaking about it.

The thing is that unlike regular flu, it's not dying down so easy. Getting tired of any problem doesn't make it go away. If anything, we need to be more vigilant and not forget that this fucking shit is still lethal, still killing people like crazy and infecting people despite people "getting tired of hearing about it".

I brought it up because I think people are treating just like they said they would. It would go on and people would get tired of hearing about it, speaking about it.

The thing is that unlike regular flu, it's not dying down so easy. Getting tired of any problem doesn't make it go away. If anything, we need to be more vigilant and not forget that this fucking shit is still lethal, still killing people like crazy and infecting people despite people "getting tired of hearing about it".
I guess it depends where you live. Toronto is one of the last places in Canada to move to stage 2 of reopening but many other spots in Canada have opened gyms and restaurants.

I think it would have hit me harder if I knew of someone close to me or saw someone with the illness. So far the only evidence that I have seen from this virus was all on TV and Internet

It's all around me, guys. My ex-wife is a Nurse who has extensive experience in LTC and has had many patients die. I have close friends that are PSWs that have tested positive for COVID with varying degrees of illness, and they all tell me horror stories of the symptoms. It hit Sick Kids, where I know a few Psychologists. I could go on forever but won't.

What do you propose?
Shut down the country indefinitely?
Sometimes people have to die. It’s life.
Wash your hands, don’t lick doorknobs, stay healthy. Rest and sunshine

Social distancing when practical and masks when it is not. Test and trace which we seem to suck at right now, we still have to mitigate. Public health 101.

Testing yes
Not into having an app on my phone tracing me. If they ever made it mandatory
I would leave my phone at home or carry it in a farrady bag

Honestly you don’t CSIS isn’t already tracing your phone. Don’t give them a reason to want to.

Social distancing when practical and masks when it is not. Test and trace which we seem to suck at right now, we still have to mitigate. Public health 101.

Be interesting to see what happens in some states in the next lil bit. Some are predicting Florida to be the next epicentre. To me, the US (some states) is like a real-life experiment to see what happens when you ignore it. I would like to see things open but hope we don't follow poor choices.

What do you propose?
The weather in Toronto has been amazing the last week. Been outside everyday for at least a few hours and I feel amazing. Staying inside will just make you weak and brittle. I am just speaking for people without pre existing conditions but if youre a healthy adult...get the fuck out. Use common sense and dont be a close talker or spit on people when you have a conversation lol

Seems now they want to ramp up testing. Why now?
Oh thats right. To pretend there is a second wave.
New fake testing will just show positive for people that would have tested positive three months ago also. I doubt these are “new” cases. These people have all been covid 19 positive since their last flu shot.
Move on and focus on the race war.

What do you propose?
I Have to agree with you on the country. There's a point where we basically come back to a burned out hulk of economy . People die due to depression (suicide) and not being able to work.

I also agree with Bagua and I can cite a specific thing. We shop at Costco. When you walk in, they offer you a face mask with tongs no less. Pretty simple, you get your free mask and you put it on.
But wait! Not so simple because over half the store has no mask even though they were offered a FREE fucking mask!

This damn COVID has exposed a lot of things. Peoples willingness to maybe get sick...probably not but there's that maybe there. People unwilling to take a free mask tells me something. People are showing that when it comes down to it, we're out for numero uno. Get sick and maybe make someone else sick? That happens to someone else.
More and more I see people have the attention spans of gerbils. Its nice out, so "whaaa covid? Its nice out init? Flu season over!" Despite the numbers getting worse despite it being nice out people act like its over.
It does make me wonder if COVID is more resilient to traditional changes in season/end of flu season. Wouldn't THAT be a bitch.

I think it would have hit me harder if I knew of someone close to me or saw someone with the illness. So far the only evidence that I have seen from this virus was all on TV and Internet
And there is the biggest problem. Seeing it first hand. Right now, there are very few people who are tuning into Covid. Hell people in my local Tim Hortons were bitching why we had to close in the first place. For them its an Italian and a USA deal. Throttling someone despite them being criminally dumb IS in fact murder. Sad but true.

Testing yes
Not into having an app on my phone tracing me. If they ever made it mandatory
I would leave my phone at home or carry it in a farrady bag
Just look at all those devices they forced a battery you can't remove into along with that GPS.

Huh, surprised? I think not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cog