If you died who would go to your funneral??

Taureau

Administrator
sorry folks kind of a morbid topic but as I was driving home yesterday I got to thinking who would go to my funeral when I die. My dad always said if you go to someone's funneral no one will notice but if you do not go it will be noticed by all.

Years back in my grandfathers generation a man would be born and die and live within a 20 or so mile radius. When someone would die all the neighbors, family and friends would gather to pay their respects. Everyone knew everyone. It was a very different world then exists now.

Fast forward to know and many of our friends live far away. We seldom see them. The friendship is conducted through phone, txt and facetime or skype. I have no real interaction with my neighbors. I can name a few people on here that I know would go. I will not name names in case I leave someone out. Even my family is spread out all across Canada and beyond. I drove 8 hours to be at my uncles funeral and his kids are on my facebook but never interact with me. I would bet my last dollar if I died they would not even notice.

Sadly at least in my world that sense of community, and family is no longer there.

I've had this same morbid thought before too @Taureau , so it's not just you. I think mine would only be attended by my wife and close family. I've moved around a lot over the years and mostly lost touch with all my friends. Just another symptom of aging I guess.

I’m sure people would go but I don’t want one. If they want go to the bar and have a few drinks fine but I’m not interested in any fanfare.

I just read today that some funeral homes are streaming services online.Makes sense.

Eesh. Who knows?

I too have thought about not wanting one at all. But then I think about it. The funeral isn’t for me.... cause I’m dead as fuck....it’s closure for people that might need it.

All I can say is it better be Irish......

Enter - The night that Paddy Murphy died......

I think I'd have a pretty good amount of people show up. But mainly cause I'd request a Viking funeral if I had to have one (it's legal I think I looked, you just need a fire marshal there to witness)

Build me one of those wood barges and shoot a flying arrow at my ass. It'll be legendary

I told my wife she could just give my body to a creepy dude in a van for all I care. I used to worry about death, now I think it would just be nice to get some rest.

Not many would attend mine, but I'll be dead so who cares. Those that do will hopefully get loaded and have a good time, celabration of life style. I wouldn't want any tears wasted over me.

As for my body, just toss it in the woods and let the animals have at it... but save my brain please and put it into a killer cyborg when the tech permits.