I remember when

I remember that last gas station in Canada selling gas in gallons. It was near Ottawa.

We Canadians had to change from imperial measurement to the metric system. For the most part I still think imperial.

I remember when my allowance was 5 cents a week. With that I could buy lots of candies

Bull I'm waiting for you to tell us about seeing the Wizard of Oz in the theatre.... ;)

I'm in my early 40's so lots of the same memories as a lot of you guys. One thing that always does pop in my mind was how you could be absolutely set as a kid if you had one freaking dollar in the corner store.

Little bag of old dutch chips / glass bottle of coke / and a whole bunch of pennie candies...no GST, life was good.

Bull I'm waiting for you to tell us about seeing the Wizard of Oz in the theatre.... ;)

I'm in my early 40's so lots of the same memories as a lot of you guys. One thing that always does pop in my mind was how you could be absolutely set as a kid if you had one freaking dollar in the corner store.

Little bag of old dutch chips / glass bottle of coke / and a whole bunch of pennie candies...no GST, life was good.

Every year my sister's and I would watch the Wizard of oz, white Christmas, Rudolph the red nose reindeer and frosty the snowman the snow man. We never missed them. Started watching them and 60 or so years ago. My one sister still does. My other sister now and then. I try to catch them if I can. If not I have them on cd

Every year my sister's and I would watch the Wizard of oz, white Christmas, Rudolph the red nose reindeer and frosty the snowman the snow man. We never missed them. Started watching them and 60 or so years ago. My one sister still does. My other sister now and then. I try to catch them if I can. If not I have them on cd

You and me both brother....still classics that I catch with the wife and kids to this day.

I
I remember that last gas station in Canada selling gas in gallons. It was near Ottawa.

We Canadians had to change from imperial measurement to the metric system. For the most part I still think imperial.
Have seen a station that still had the fuel in the glass containers,skinny pumps.67-68 or so.New England small town.

I still watch them

Every year on global they do the line up. It's my little tradition. And I will pass it on to my son. Christmas isnt the same without it. In 2017 I found a DVD that had most of the specials since I didn't have cable, did the trick.

All I can say is, I remember when gas was 40cents/L. Hell, last year, I remember in the u.s. gas was like 2.65/g. Ours is like 5bucks/g. We are getting robbed.

I have to sort my immigrations stuff out, I gotta cross over there, I dont understand why living comfortably here is next to impossible. What happened?

I’m totally screwed as I was in school while we changed over.

I drive in KM

Weight things in Lbs

Measure things in feet but must order things like cable in meters.

I’m slowly transitioning over, and not to a woman I mean to metric. 🤦‍♂️

I remember the first colour tv in our neighbourhood. We kids would go to their house. And peak in their basement window. The owners saw us. Rather then yell they opened the window and cranked the sound up

I still watch them

Every year on global they do the line up. It's my little tradition. And I will pass it on to my son. Christmas isnt the same without it. In 2017 I found a DVD that had most of the specials since I didn't have cable, did the trick.

All I can say is, I remember when gas was 40cents/L. Hell, last year, I remember in the u.s. gas was like 2.65/g. Ours is like 5bucks/g. We are getting robbed.

I have to sort my immigrations stuff out, I gotta cross over there, I dont understand why living comfortably here is next to impossible. What happened?
I remember gas at 50 cents a gallon.Drove a Honda 350.

I’m totally screwed as I was in school while we changed over.

I drive in KM

Weight things in Lbs

Measure things in feet but must order things like cable in meters.

I’m slowly transitioning over, and not to a woman I mean to metric. 🤦‍♂️
You mean we weighed things in pounds,ounces and grams?:)

This is my last week off from work. I try and connect with my bestie as often as possible. I was thinking Tuesday, maybe early movie before the kids get out of school... and I sat for a second. And was like, damn, I remember when Tuesdays were like 4
20 for a movie. Now it's 12.

so many lol

I remember
-vending machines that sold cigarettes
-when you could smoke in schools and hospitals
-saturday morning cartoons
-when kids all went to school with- a thermos of milk or juice, sandwhich, apple and something like some crackers
-no cell phones
-black and white TV's
-life before cable/satelite
-being told a million times by everyone "respect your elderS"
-28 cents a litre gas
-roll down windows were the only option
-seat belts were optional
-the milk man
-parents having to go to the bank once a week to take out money for the week
-life before interac.... paying cash for everything
-playing tag all recess every recess
-nearly everyone went to church
-nearly everyone's parents were not divocred
-nearly every kid had both mom and dad
-nearly every kid was born into married parents
-every TV station showed the news from 6-7pm

so many lol... they all seem like they would make our lives less enjoayble if they still were this way, but I think its the opposite.