I remember when

Taureau

Administrator
Add to this thread something you remember from your past

For instance

I remember when gas was sold in gallons and not litres. A gallon of gas was 18cents

I remember when breakfast cost 2 dollars. For 2 dollars you had 2 eggs toast bacon and a bottom cup of coffee

When I was a kid MD's was cheap enough (gas too I guess) that my parents would throw all of us in the car and drive a half hour to get to the closest one for dinner bout once a week.

related;
I posted this before somewhere but one of my fav things to "I remember" is back when muscle cars were common daily drivers.

Remember after doing the Saturday barn chores, my dad would drive us to the local Irving store and give us 50 cents and I could buy a shit load for 50 cents. Pop, chips, and a few little gum wraps. It was. Along time ago but I remember it well.

Add to this thread something you remember from your past

For instance

I remember when gas was sold in gallons and not litres. A gallon of gas was 18cents

I remember when breakfast cost 2 dollars. For 2 dollars you had 2 eggs toast bacon and a bottom cup of coffee
Great idea Bull!

I remember:

my first office job out of university people had the bean bag ash trays and smoked at their desk.

We had a station wagon growing up, dad would put down the back seats, rollout sleeping bags and us kids would sleep on the way to the cabin Friday nights while he drove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember every Friday night my buddy rob and I would go to the drive-in movie theater. It did not matter what was on we would go. Before we went we would go to the A&W and buy a gallon jug of root beer. The last few years of doing this the A&W girls would walk out. Years and years back they would roller skate to your car.

We would always park in the same spot right up front so no one was in front of us. One time are buddy Gerrald came with us when I had my mom's car because mine was having some work done on it. When Gerrald went to the washroom I backed the car up into the line just behind the first one and slightly to the right. well some guy comes in and parks in our spot. Gerrald comes out and proceeds to go to the spot we where in and tries to get in. The doors of the car are locked. So he starts pounding on the guys window and saying over and over "come on guys let me in" Well that guy must have been in the midst of boning his bitch because he rolls down the window and punches poor Gerrald in the nose. Gerrald runs away and we continue to watch the movie. At the end of the movie we pick Gerrald up at the entrance and he is bloody in the nose and mousiquito bit all over. It was a fun night. lol

Last edited:
I remember when JFK was assassinated.

I remember that day as well. my dad thought there would be race riots. however in our city there was not one single solitary black person living. the closest one would have been in Toronto and odd of someone driving to my home town to have a race riot was slim to none.
everytime something happened in the states my dad was thinking race riots. JFK's death had nothing to do with anyone black but to my dad it did.
when Martin Luthur king was killed he went into a big panic.

which then I do remember the first black person that moved into my home town. he was a boy that was adopted by white parents. that was something.

I remember that day as well. my dad thought there would be race riots. however in our city there was not one single solitary black person living. the closest one would have been in Toronto and odd of someone driving to my home town to have a race riot was slim to none.
everytime something happened in the states my dad was thinking race riots. JFK's death had nothing to do with anyone black but to my dad it did.
when Martin Luthur king was killed he went into a big panic.

which then I do remember the first black person that moved into my home town. he was a boy that was adopted by white parents. that was something.

When JFK was killed, my Dad was at sea and the natural reaction; was is there going to be a war? All the neighbours were at sea. Being a wee kid it was just surreal. Just like the missile crisis. You knew something bad was brewing.
I was in Pennsylvania for the summer of '66 when the Watts Riots were going on. In smalltown Orwigsburgh nobody seemed to notice. I don't even recall my Uncle and Aunt having the news on. I think that sort of sums up a lot about the USA.

When JFK was killed, my Dad was at sea and the natural reaction; was is there going to be a war? All the neighbours were at sea. Being a wee kid it was just surreal. Just like the missile crisis. You knew something bad was brewing.
I was in Pennsylvania for the summer of '66 when the Watts Riots were going on. In smalltown Orwigsburgh nobody seemed to notice. I don't even recall my Uncle and Aunt having the news on. I think that sort of sums up a lot about the USA.

around that time we stayed just outside of Detroit once at a small motel. The owner proudly took us to the back of his property to show us his gun range. All the targets where well shot up and where dark skinned. He assured us we where very safe because everyone in his family could shoot a gun even his 4 year old daughter. He said you hear shooting hit the floor his family will take care of any trouble.

I remember when life was less complicated as a youngin. Born and raised in a small Northern Ontario town. Going to bush parties, hunting and fishing. Running and swimming away from the OPP. Not worried about bills just on who would bootleg us a case of beer. There was no Tim Hortons only Robbins Donuts or A&W in the town down the highway. The good old days. Ripping on quads in the summers and sleds in the winter. The smell of morning breakfast on the wood stove at Wabikoba Lake. How I remember.