I am afraid I will have to disagree

From outsiders, especially in other sports - "All they do is help you recover quicker"

I tore over half my pec last summer.. Doctors all said no more benching... I was given the ok to start rehab in Oct.. As of this morning I do 4 sets of 10 reps with 205lbs on flat barbell. Total poundage of 8,200lbs for my 15 mins of flat benching. Lately I add 5-10lbs to the bar each week.

EDIT: I should add....and my form is still better than 99% of the people in the gym lol

I remember when that happened @animal-inside , felt real bad for you at the time. Glad to hear you're recovering and already back on the bench! 👍

Here are some of my favourites:

"You know GH is real because you can feel it when you inject it" wtf???

"winny drys out your joints" what does this even mean?

I know someone already mentioned it, but yes the girls who are like "i just want to tone and I don't want to get too big" like they are going to pick up a dumbbell and just blow up, I wish it was that easy.

"how much do you bench" because thats the only lift that matters and determines if you are strong or not!

"I just want to make lean gains" good luck at putting on significant size without gaining any body fat, not going to happen.

"what is the best exercise I can do for my butt" because that's the only body part you need to work on right girls?

"i can't squat because I have bad knees" this is when I just want to shoot myself right in the head!

This popped into my head while really focusing on TUT tonight and I dont exactly disagree with it but I feel it sends the wrong message to some people and especially newbies.

"Gotta lift big to get big"

How many people heard that in the beginning and right away jumps to the biggest weight they can humanly handle banging out a couple reps with the worse form on this mission to get big?

I'm curious and maybe I'll just start a new thread for it but I want to know where everyone's mind set is with the definition of "lifting big" dont answer here when I get a minute I'll start a new one.

This popped into my head while really focusing on TUT tonight and I dont exactly disagree with it but I feel it sends the wrong message to some people and especially newbies.

"Gotta lift big to get big"

How many people heard that in the beginning and right away jumps to the biggest weight they can humanly handle banging out a couple reps with the worse form on this mission to get big?

I'm curious and maybe I'll just start a new thread for it but I want to know where everyone's mind set is with the definition of "lifting big" dont answer here when I get a minute I'll start a new one.
My thought it’s to lift as heavy as you can without losing form. You need to get stronger to get bigger, really no way around that.
But most don’t do it right, flopping around lifting stuff way beyond their ability. It reminds me of a deadlift vid a member put up years ago, as I watched it I was waiting for the pop from his back, and wouldn’t you know it, it happened. The arched cat back and uncontroable shaking made it obvious. Dudes back never recovered.

My thought it’s to lift as heavy as you can without losing form. You need to get stronger to get bigger, really no way around that.
But most don’t do it right, flopping around lifting stuff way beyond their ability. It reminds me of a deadlift vid a member put up years ago, as I watched it I was waiting for the pop from his back, and wouldn’t you know it, it happened. The arched cat back and uncontroable shaking made it obvious. Dudes back never recovered.

Oh man, if you ever want motivation to improve your form just search out muscle tear vids on YouTube 😳