How do you guys get blood test numbers in the range you want them to be?

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Not sure how else to ask it, but lets say your doc gives you TRT and wants you testing at say 20. Lets say 100mg gets you there.

But you want to up your dose to bring you closer to 25-30. And you bump up to 150mg.

How long before your blood test do you drop the extra 50mg to keep the doc happy?

I know it depends on the testosterone type, but lets say for example your using cyp.

I pin 3x a week. So I was thinking the best thing for me would be mix in some prop in each pin. Sadly, my doc likes me getting blood work every 3 months or so.

Think cyp has a peak in 3 to 4 days and half life of aroun 10 -14 days ,best bet if ur worried about it get a few test kits and test yourself before you go in.

I give myself six weeks to drop down to where i know my numbers are good. Probably excessive, but my doctor gets mean when i exceed the range.

I give myself six weeks to drop down to where i know my numbers are good. Probably excessive, but my doctor gets mean when i exceed the range.
Doc - hey u know now iv only prescribed you 150mg a week ,and you look like the hulk.
Superbeast- nah doc got stung by a bee this week blew me right up. Lol something like this eh ? Lol

Not sure how else to ask it, but lets say your doc gives you TRT and wants you testing at say 20. Lets say 100mg gets you there.

But you want to up your dose to bring you closer to 25-30. And you bump up to 150mg.

How long before your blood test do you drop the extra 50mg to keep the doc happy?

I know it depends on the testosterone type, but lets say for example your using cyp.

I pin 3x a week. So I was thinking the best thing for me would be mix in some prop in each pin. Sadly, my doc likes me getting blood work every 3 months or so.

Don't know how much help it would be but the steroid calc website will let you plug in your shots amounts/esters then you can suddenly enter a new Week x -> Week y period with the updated dosing and see how long it takes to change visually. It surely must vary from one body to the next but if you take that estimate and add in a time safety margin

Doc - hey u know now iv only prescribed you 150mg a week ,and you look like the hulk.
Superbeast- nah doc got stung by a bee this week blew me right up. Lol something like this eh ? Lol

Haha
Actually she knew i was taking ugl when she wrote the script. My test levels were good when she wrote it. I told her i was not going to stop to test and transition

I asked the same question. Response was 2-4 weeks on enanth. I’m giving it 3. I went from prescribed 120mg to 200mg for a bit forgetting I had bloods coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play it safer than that… Based on experience of having doctors ask me questions before

Half life as one consideration which is anywhere from 5 to 14 days (depending the measurement scale you believe). And remember that is 1/2 life.

but then you have to consider homeostasis for all hormones to rebalance which is typically five weeks

Then there’s other markers like haemoglobin if ou’re up around 200 you’re likely above range and if you don’t donate you need time to return to normal. I believe it’s around 60 days for your body to regenerate new red blood cells.

There are other markers that Dr look at that I won’t go on about. E.g. did you use an ai...

Sooo I always keep 3 months after Returning to prescribe TRT before I get blood work that goes to my doctor

If you used Mast or Primo I would add another month for PSA to return to previous levels.

How cautious you are depends on how much you value your prescribed TRT. I personally take zero chances here

Hey bud if you post up some past results with the protocol you are/were using and include how long was the time between last injection and the blood draw I will run it through the spreadsheet and get back to you later . The more detail the better - ester, schedule, timing, results

Hey bud if you post up some past results with the protocol you are/were using and include how long was the time between last injection and the blood draw I will run it through the spreadsheet and get back to you later . The more detail the better - ester, schedule, timing, results

I'll try to do that sometime after the kids go to bed tongiht.

I play it safer than that… Based on experience of having doctors ask me questions before

Half life as one consideration which is anywhere from 5 to 14 days (depending the measurement scale you believe). And remember that is 1/2 life.

but then you have to consider homeostasis for all hormones to rebalance which is typically five weeks

Then there’s other markers like haemoglobin if ou’re up around 200 you’re likely above range and if you don’t donate you need time to return to normal. I believe it’s around 60 days for your body to regenerate new red blood cells.

There are other markers that Dr look at that I won’t go on about. E.g. did you use an ai...

Sooo I always keep 3 months after Returning to prescribe TRT before I get blood work that goes to my doctor

If you used Mast or Primo I would add another month for PSA to return to previous levels.

How cautious you are depends on how much you value your prescribed TRT. I personally take zero chances here

Using prop to up my dose would shorten those times a lot. Exactly how much Im not sure.