Hormones effect on immune system?

Rocky

Trusted Member
got off test completely, most likely will have tanked levels for a while, curious if this would negatively impact the immune system, wondering if anyone knows?

dhea,test, estrogen all low

Anyone care to offer up any info on which of the compounds we commonly use have a neg or pos effect on our immune systems?

Found this article, worth the read. She's an oldie but in essence explains why I'm not to worried!

Regards
SonOfOdin

Last edited:
got off test completely, most likely will have tanked levels for a while, curious if this would negatively impact the immune system, wondering if anyone knows?

dhea,test, estrogen all low

I posted a thread in TRT: DHEA and the immune system

I don’t think you want hormones out of balance right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Low test levels in men can induce a lower immune response in chronic patients, but in guys jest leveling off no! Estrogen levels also play a big part, but depends on what sex. If you are a healthy male with no underlying health conditions and you are just coming off cycle you will be fine.

Anyone care to offer up any info on which of the compounds we commonly use have a neg or pos effect on our immune systems?

I remember reading estrogen increases the immune system response and testosterone suppresses it but can’t find the link. Could be recalling it wrong, not sure how this affects someone with the corona virus though.

I read yesterday that pneumonia from the corona virus is actually from the own body’s immune response. Had something to do with corona virus causing cell death in the lungs which causes inflammation and fluid to build up.
So would a suppressed immune system actually be better?

Also came across this and it says testosterone decreases antibody response, so maybe it’s a plus I have tanked levels

Just read this

While women show a higher inflammatory immune response to pathogens during their reproductive years, that response decreases as they age. Conversely, men’s inflammatory immune response increases with age.

Last edited:
@Rocky and y'all,

I didn't comment on it in my first post because I didn't want to influence any of the coming posts but the general impression I have of Test is that up to some certain (fairly low) level it helps but at some point it begins to impair immune function. I have an inkling that Primo is somewhat helpful too.

However that's just rather muddy ideas I have picked up on over the years, unfortunately not any science I can readily point to.

@Rocky and y'all,

I didn't comment on it in my first post because I didn't want to influence any of the coming posts but the general impression I have of Test is that up to some certain (fairly low) level it helps but at some point it begins to impair immune function. I have an inkling that Primo is somewhat helpful too.

However that's just rather muddy ideas I have picked up on over the years, unfortunately not any science I can readily point to.
I don't have evidence as I cannot find my article. I have understood this to be true as well.
almost everytime i go off and natural, I get sick after about 4-5 weeks like clockwork. when I am on and eating well I never get sick until I up my doseages into my cycle, then I feel tired and less energy. im pretty sure there is a sweet spot for my doses as far as strength in immunity.

I remember reading estrogen increases the immune system response and testosterone suppresses it but can’t find the link. Could be recalling it wrong, not sure how this affects someone with the corona virus though.

I read yesterday that pneumonia from the corona virus is actually from the own body’s immune response. Had something to do with corona virus causing cell death in the lungs which causes inflammation and fluid to build up.
So would a suppressed immune system actually be better?

Also came across this and it says testosterone decreases antibody response, so maybe it’s a plus I have tanked levels

Just read this

Simply put the c-19 virus invades the spaces in the lung tissue due to it's shape. When that happens it triggers the bodies immune response and that triggers inflammation of the lung tissue and that causes decreased air capacity due to oxygen not being able to pass through the cell membranes.

I posted a thread in TRT: DHEA and the immune system

I don’t think you want hormones out of balance right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered some DHEA, planning to take that for now.

I don’t think I’ll go back on test though, quit for good and have been on for 5 years straight. Tried stopping for a while and finally did it.
@Rocky and y'all,

I too have found the same to be true, I never got sick once ever since I started testosterone at 18. Except once and it was because I was living with someone who was sick but I got better really quick.

I had naturally low testosterone levels and got sick every year or two before I started test.

although, I never noticed using high dosages to decrease my immune system, only crashing my estrogen affected mine. Id get body aches/pain, joint pains, mild asthma, etc

Tren cures covid.

This made LOL big time :) Honestly though I NEVER get sick when running tren, not even a cold during cold season. Something I've always wondered about really. Trenbolone was specifically created for use in bovine so no wonder it gives us humans god like results :)

This made LOL big time :) Honestly though I NEVER get sick when running tren, not even a cold during cold season. Something I've always wondered about really. Trenbolone was specifically created for use in bovine so no wonder it gives us humans god like results :)

when I was on Tren, my endocrinologist said my bloodwork came back as if I was taking corticosteroids(cortisol), several white blood cells were elevated, so I’m assuming it affects the immune system somehow?

Not a ton of studies on humans using supraphysiological doses, unfortunately. Mostly animal studies... Most research shows some cool stuff though... androgen deprivation when androgens are present increases immune response, and exogenous introduction of androgens in the absence of androgens increases immunity. Ie. Females experiencing autoimmune disorders introduce small amounts of androgens experience a decrease in issues, and men experiencing autoimmune issues deprived themselves of androgens experience an increase in immunity.

Maybe I'll attempt a research study lol. Quick theory though - physiological ranges when compared to supraphysiological exogenous dosages would appear as "lack of androgens" ... maybe adding anabolics at a high dose actually improves the immune system. A lot of "studies" show "steroids" decrease t cells, lessen immune response to pathogens, decrease antibodies to pathogens and vaccinations, etc etc etc... buuuuuut... what if "steroids" are dosed the way that we do, in supraphysiological dosages.... Science. Or lackthereof... but maybe I'm onto something. Maybe not. Like I said, severe lack of research especially in terms of how we use anabolics.

Not aware of any clinically significant effects of hormonal variation affecting immune system function.
I wouldnt worry about it much

Good luck,
PA

There are a few studies. But I guess depends on what's considered "significant"