Home cooking?

Taureau

Administrator
In your home do you actually cook or are you buying processed foods and heating it up?? To me processed food is all chemicals and crap. I much prefer the taste and smell of good home cooking. Now mostly I live alone so cooking for one I often eat the same meal several days in a row. But as much as possible I make things rather then just heat them up. Even though heating them up is much easier. I am sure the lack of home cooking is one of it not the leading cause of obesity in our society.

Whats for supper at your house?
Home cooking or processed foods or take out?

Home cooking.... farm fresh meats.... I do all the cooking.... I also am the self-designated grocery-getter as well...I'm one of the few people that actually enjoy the grocery store.......
VERY rarely will it be food from a box....if it is, usually that Wong Wing Chinese food stuff..... man I love sweet and sour chicken balls....

Home cooking...most nights it’s salmon, cod, Steak, bison, elk, turkey or chicken with rice, potato or sweet potato and a big salad.

Never process food... if we get take out it almost always sushi or thai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely one of the main factors of obesity and the complications surrounding it. for me its also a quality of life issue. it astounds me talking to people at new job sites i go to. how many people say they cant cook. what poverty of life they must live. yes, i am single too and day to day meals are the same until i go shopping again and rotate something different in like change type of frozen berries or changing eggs to frozen fish. i usually have at least 3 frozen veggies to choose from. dinner is different though. i have a group of friends and we dine communally and we eat healthy and well. we take turn cooking, we each have our specialties which are improving overtime and we learn from each other. we talk a lot about cooking and diet. we even make our own dressing to avoid soy and canola oil.

Not really "cooking" for me, more like heating up chicken and ground beef so it doesn't kill me and eating that throughout the week. I really gotta get more fancy then just some seasonings on meat and just eating it.

I always enjoyed cooking, even when I was a kid. The Old Man taught me how to cook some really solid basics. Beans and wieners, corned beef hash, kippers and eggs and the old stand by 'poor man's steak'- AKA Newfie Steak. :oops:

I always enjoyed cooking, even when I was a kid. The Old Man taught me how to cook some really solid basics. Beans and wieners, corned beef hash, kippers and eggs and the old stand by 'poor man's steak'- AKA Newfie Steak. :oops:

Newfie steak is fried bologna... have not had that in years.

I love to cook... mom taught me and my brother to cook very young. Dad could not boil water and mom said “no women we marry should have to endure that”

Newfie steak is fried bologna... have not had that in years.

I love to cook... mom taught me and my brother to cook very young. Dad could not boil water and mom said “no women we marry should have to endure that”

We called it Poor Man's Steak in Nova Scotia.
To be honest the Old Man could cook anything. He was career Navy 44-65 and retired as a CPO First Class. I remember way back in the day he cooked a New Year's goose dinner because my mom was 'sick'. That had to be 64.
His specialty was a boiled dinner.

Home cooking is the best both health and taste wise for me. Its normally chicken breasts, lean ground beef or salmon. With salad, rice or mashed potatoes.

Home cook everything! I have been doing meal prep forever. My husband and i do a cheat meal once a week. We eat anout 20kg of meat a week. Im not exaggerating either.

Does anyone else eat chicken hearts? We love them.

I see this is a very old post but home cooking - we always make breakfast and supper and the Mrs. GR does most of the cooking. We have found a fish that comes in a box and you just heat it up, not perfect but it will do when we are in a rush. We always have organic or humane raised meat if possible, various forms potatoes or rice and veggies - mostly raw but sometimes steamed. I hate cooking as does my much better half but she does it.
We are having home made chilli - lots of beans, hamburger, tomatoes grown by family, and spices - one of my favourite foods over brown rice.

We meal plan typically with a dinner carrying over to the next days lunch and shop weekly.
Tonight and tomorrow lunch is steak and salad.
A week would look like this generally. Have to find the middle ground with family for high protein meals that are tasty. Red meat a couple times, chicken breast 2 or 3. And fish etc. Usualy at least once or twice

Screenshot_20191027-131117_Mealime.jpg