gun smuggler in the news.. this is the real problem with guns

animal-inside

Trusted Member

If found guilty or pleads guilty the fucking guy should get life without parole...

No telling how many lives were lost or altered for the worse based on what he's done.

I'm going to watch this and see how his sentencing turns out.. He's charged in the USA so hopefully he will get a harsh sentence.. If he was sentenced in Canada we all know how that would go

IF you read the whole article, I think the most he can get is 10 years... But the guy thinks sending him to Canada and just getting probation is the right sentence for his crimes.. fucking joke... He was also caught twice.. Who knows how many untraceble handguns he put into hands of crimals here..

"U.S. prosecutors argue Skolseg should serve 46 to 57 months in prison, arguing the handguns presented a “serious risk” to the Canadian public.

Skolseg, however, argues a probation order followed by deportation to Canada is the right sentence, given his lack of criminal record in either country. In the sentencing brief, he noted his co-accused was given a short sentence, then deported, after being convicted of possessing fraudulent immigration documents in 2013.

Alme said Skolseg’s proposal is unworkable, given the United States Probation Office has no jurisdiction in Canada.

“A short weekend trip to Great Falls, Montana, to appear, plead guilty, be sentenced, and immediately return home with no form of supervision or other consequence is simply insufficient,” he wrote.
“Such a request is outrageous.”"

IF you read the whole article, I think the most he can get is 10 years... But the guy thinks sending him to Canada and just getting probation is the right sentence for his crimes.. fucking joke... He was also caught twice.. Who knows how many untraceble handguns he put into hands of crimals here..

"U.S. prosecutors argue Skolseg should serve 46 to 57 months in prison, arguing the handguns presented a “serious risk” to the Canadian public.

Skolseg, however, argues a probation order followed by deportation to Canada is the right sentence, given his lack of criminal record in either country. In the sentencing brief, he noted his co-accused was given a short sentence, then deported, after being convicted of possessing fraudulent immigration documents in 2013.

Alme said Skolseg’s proposal is unworkable, given the United States Probation Office has no jurisdiction in Canada.

“A short weekend trip to Great Falls, Montana, to appear, plead guilty, be sentenced, and immediately return home with no form of supervision or other consequence is simply insufficient,” he wrote.
“Such a request is outrageous.”"
That’s crazy the justice system is so messed up and I seen it personally so sad.

Go easy on him, he probably had a tough childhood and because of that had no options in life but to smuggle guns.

I think they should skin him alive on pay per view.

off topic
It's funny.. Everyone wants criminals to be punished beyond the max sentence until the criminal is close to you or the crime is close to you lol.. Not saying you are like this, but I've noticed this many times..

Look at us for example.. I'm guessing we are all needle steriod users, at least at some point. I for one don't believe any of us deserve a record or jail sentence for what we do.. But guessing majority of non steriod users beleive we all should be in jail..

My one uncle was extreme bi polar.. Guy was a massive fuck up.. life time petty criminal (theft).. homeless a good portion of his life (he ruined every house that ever took him in).. he ruined his marriage and all the colateral damage done to his wife and son (whom both eventually cut all ties and never spoke to him again).. I could go on lol... I just found out a couple years ago that a LONG time ago he stole a safe out of buisness and put it in the trunk of his car.. trunk couldn't close, but he drove away anyways.. cops caught him driving down main street with the trunk flapping open and the safe barely in the truck..

Anyways, despite his disability, every family member of his truly believed he needed to be institutionalized to some degree,. either jail or permenant mental hospitial within a jail.. Guy also refused to use meds and drank instead.

Point being, so many people change their minds once the criminal or crime is too close to home.

Sadly: letting him go = more illegal guns = easy to blame the problem on law abiding firearm owners and continue on with the gun-grabber narrative.

off topic
It's funny.. Everyone wants criminals to be punished beyond the max sentence until the criminal is close to you or the crime is close to you lol.. Not saying you are like this, but I've noticed this many times..

Look at us for example.. I'm guessing we are all needle steriod users, at least at some point. I for one don't believe any of us deserve a record or jail sentence for what we do.. But guessing majority of non steriod users beleive we all should be in jail..

My one uncle was extreme bi polar.. Guy was a massive fuck up.. life time petty criminal (theft).. homeless a good portion of his life (he ruined every house that ever took him in).. he ruined his marriage and all the colateral damage done to his wife and son (whom both eventually cut all ties and never spoke to him again).. I could go on lol... I just found out a couple years ago that a LONG time ago he stole a safe out of buisness and put it in the trunk of his car.. trunk couldn't close, but he drove away anyways.. cops caught him driving down main street with the trunk flapping open and the safe barely in the truck..

Anyways, despite his disability, every family member of his truly believed he needed to be institutionalized to some degree,. either jail or permenant mental hospitial within a jail.. Guy also refused to use meds and drank instead.

Point being, so many people change their minds once the criminal or crime is too close to home.

Yes interesting. Was saying this to my gf just the other day.

I’m a bit of a hard ass. If my son was caught doing this I’d want him to face the full justice.

My big issue with this is as mentioned the effect it will have on possessing legal firearms.

Go easy on him, he probably had a tough childhood and because of that had no options in life but to smuggle guns.

I think they should skin him alive on pay per view.
I had a tough childhood. I grow up in 5 different orphanages & mostly on Russian streets eating from the dumpster and surviving like an animal that still does not make any excuse to do wrong it’s a choice.

I had a tough childhood. I grow up in 5 different orphanages & mostly on Russian streets eating from the dumpster and surviving like an animal that still does not make any excuse to do wrong it’s a choice.

Agreed. People only get better when they want to get better.

He definitely deserves a much harsher sentence, it is people like him that provide the weapons to the gangs that make up the majority of the gun crime in Canada. We the law abiding are constantly punished by our government for the actions of criminals. While I do agree that our objective lens quickly becomes subjective when it comes to family I still believe that punishment of crimes is necessary.