Girlfriend demanding stopping of steroids.

Is it possible she may be jealous of a muscular guy? Some chicks love it, some say they don't like it. I say BS, I haven't met a lady yet that does not like muscles, except a few insecure ones that were jealous and did not want a hot muscular guy being looked at by others.
They are out there. They love it until they fall in love, then they feel like they are going to possibly lose what they have if the guy is jacked and faced with temptations that some normal guys don't get.
Show her the helicopter and a good old mushroom stamp to the forehead and let her know it is important to you. If she ignores that fact, I would look at the big picture of the relationship.
Hell I am no Dr. Phil, I don't normally advise anyone on relationships because they can be so complex and so many different things go on behind the scenes and I haven't figured out my spouse of 15 years yet, so I sure cannot figure out anyone elses. lol
Just another thought I figured I would throw out there.

BTW, Dr. Phil is no Dr. Phil either. lol
Holy fuck that made me laugh cos as soon as I read “I’m not Dr Phil” I had to scoff, Dr Phil shouldn’t be giving advice to anyone. So I’m so glad you followed up with that 😂

and yes she did raise concerns about getting older and losing our looks, am I going to leave her for a younger girl?!”

Holy fuck that made me laugh cos as soon as I read “I’m not Dr Phil” I had to scoff, Dr Phil shouldn’t be giving advice to anyone. So I’m so glad you followed up with that 😂

and yes she did raise concerns about getting older and losing our looks, am I going to leave her for a younger girl?!”

Newer model with less mileage? A major difference between wives and cars is the trade-in value is a lot higher as they get older

[
There’s more to the story on how long we’ve known each other and the strange way the universe threw us back together and how powerfully we clicked. But I can’t give details on her story without you being able to look her up on the internet. I’m not young I’m 38 and have definitely been around the block. This girl is just perfect for me (apart from this steroid issue) we just spent practically a month together on a roadtrip with zero issues. I’m getting to the point in life where I want one woman cos I’m done chasing girls around and she also already lives the life I’ve been wanting for years. homesteading on an island!
We both want the same things out of life.
So I admit that I’m diving in headfirst, we both are.....or were. I don’t know what’s gonna happen now.
That Homesteading life is exactly where my wife and I are headed as well. We do a lot of self sustainment currently and are developing a full off grid life in Northern BC here.
Love it.

So I was in the gym and she tried calling me again. I text to ask if she called or by mistake?Says yeah call me after.
So I call her once I’m home expecting an argument again, or her finalizing our break up. She just starts chatting to me normally like nothing was wrong. Just telling me she’s heading back to her island and she’s kinda stressed about moving and stuff.
i try to keep it light, tell her I made a Dr appointment for Monday for blood work and ask about my kidney stones and she goes “you know what’s bad for your kidneys?.......steroids!” And that was all that was said on the subject.
see that I can handle. Accept I’m not stopping, you don’t have to like it one bit, give me digs about my use, make fun of me having an “image crisis” I don’t give a shit.
she already makes fun of me for dressing too nice and liking expensive clothes so I’m good with that I just go along with it cos I’m hard to offend and enjoy a bit of rib digging.
I hope this is a major sign that she’s accepting I’m not gonna stop and still wants to be together.

Sounds like she may be a bit worried about you looking to good brother. That is ok, it is a common thing really. Just show her how much you are attracted to her on a regular basis, don't talk about old conquests, ensure she feels like the sexiest thing around. I bet big money the concern for roids will dissipate.
The other clue was her worrying about nice clothes etc. She sounds like an earthy lady, which is great man. Not into materialistic things etc, and probably associates materialistic things to chasing Vagina etc.

Holy Christ, I sound like Dear Abby Now. But I bet that is the root cause of the issue.
Doesn't mean she is insecure, it just means she has seen it before or had bad experiences with some folks that only are into materialistic items to cover up for something else.
I don't get the vibe you are an insecure materialistic dude.

When you are homesteading, the material things become background noise.
Believe me, I slayed a ton of tail before I settled down with my lady Countrychic, and she is a good ol country girl cooks makes my lunch and all my meals and is an earthy lady as well.

We train together, ride our horses and hunt big game, ride our Harleys together, for fuck sakes we work together as Managers in Industry, we may be a bit weird actually now that I am writing this all out.

Once I found her I lost all interest in other vagina chasing. Now I still enjoy looking.... I will look forever and she makes fun of me for it, but she knows I know I am a lucky dude.
She knew I was a male slut prior as well and she just trusted me and I never wanted to break that.
14 yrs and still going like our first date brother.

Anyway, this is about you man and I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Yeah just got off the phone with her. I was waiting to get all my points in my head and write her an email but she wrote me like 7 text messages and called me so I spoke to her. Exactly what I thought would happen, and that is that I would forget my arguments, fumble what I did have and sound like an idiot.
I did get some good points across but to be honest so did she. It’s lack of understanding that is driving her cos she’s concerned for my health. She spent days reading but obviously she only read the anti steroid articles.
In the end I told her no. I want to be with her but I’m also not going to give up the personal journey that I’ve been on for years.
In a moment of meanness in a text she said she wants a real man who is real to himself and her, so I told her I’m a man because I make my own decisions (with the help of a few CB friends)

she kept throwing at me that she didn’t care how big my muscles were and how it’s just an image disorder on my part caring how I look.
I kept having to explain how it’s not all about that, I want to be strong, I like seeing my lift numbers go up. She just couldn’t get that part through her head. That seems to be an issue for most people who don’t lift. They just see the posing and think that’s the only thing that drives us in ego. But that’s a debate for another time.
I also had to tell her “it’s not about you, I’m not doing this to look good for you, I do this for myself” fuck!

so anyway she “had to go, things to do”
I’m still fairly confident that she’ll come round after realizing I’m not gonna stop, not yet at least, and if she wants to be with me she’ll have to deal with it.

I'll admit I'm surprised you stood your ground but well done. Remove steroids from the equation, it's about the principles in play here and the ultimatum. It's easy for us to tell you what to do, or minimizing the relationship because it's still new, but you're the one going through it and I don't envy the position, just remember to always trust your gut and look out for yourself first and foremost, there's absolutely nothing selfish about that.

Sounds like she may be a bit worried about you looking to good brother. That is ok, it is a common thing really. Just show her how much you are attracted to her on a regular basis, don't talk about old conquests, ensure she feels like the sexiest thing around. I bet big money the concern for roids will dissipate.
The other clue was her worrying about nice clothes etc. She sounds like an earthy lady, which is great man. Not into materialistic things etc, and probably associates materialistic things to chasing Vagina etc.

Holy Christ, I sound like Dear Abby Now. But I bet that is the root cause of the issue.
Doesn't mean she is insecure, it just means she has seen it before or had bad experiences with some folks that only are into materialistic items to cover up for something else.
I don't get the vibe you are an insecure materialistic dude.

When you are homesteading, the material things become background noise.
Believe me, I slayed a ton of tail before I settled down with my lady Countrychic, and she is a good ol country girl cooks makes my lunch and all my meals and is an earthy lady as well.

We train together, ride our horses and hunt big game, ride our Harleys together, for fuck sakes we work together as Managers in Industry, we may be a bit weird actually now that I am writing this all out.

Once I found her I lost all interest in other vagina chasing. Now I still enjoy looking.... I will look forever and she makes fun of me for it, but she knows I know I am a lucky dude.
She knew I was a male slut prior as well and she just trusted me and I never wanted to break that.
14 yrs and still going like our first date brother.

Anyway, this is about you man and I wish you all the best.
Hah! Not weird at all, I really enjoyed reading that mate. Sounds like you have a real good thing there. I keep trying to tell her about my “support network” (you guys) and how so many are so happily married and bring up their wives whenever they can. @Sorbate has made some of the most awesome posts about his marriage and relationships in general. If only people could see some of things said on this board and how everyone helps and treats each other here, they’d have a really different outlook on steroid users.

Hah! Not weird at all, I really enjoyed reading that mate. Sounds like you have a real good thing there. I keep trying to tell her about my “support network” (you guys) and how so many are so happily married and bring up their wives whenever they can. @Sorbate has made some of the most awesome posts about his marriage and relationships in general. If only people could see some of things said on this board and how everyone helps and treats each other here, they’d have a really different outlook on steroid users.

Like that time I drifted my wife in the face. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yeah just got off the phone with her. I was waiting to get all my points in my head and write her an email but she wrote me like 7 text messages and called me so I spoke to her. Exactly what I thought would happen, and that is that I would forget my arguments, fumble what I did have and sound like an idiot.
I did get some good points across but to be honest so did she. It’s lack of understanding that is driving her cos she’s concerned for my health. She spent days reading but obviously she only read the anti steroid articles.
In the end I told her no. I want to be with her but I’m also not going to give up the personal journey that I’ve been on for years.
In a moment of meanness in a text she said she wants a real man who is real to himself and her, so I told her I’m a man because I make my own decisions (with the help of a few CB friends)

she kept throwing at me that she didn’t care how big my muscles were and how it’s just an image disorder on my part caring how I look.
I kept having to explain how it’s not all about that, I want to be strong, I like seeing my lift numbers go up. She just couldn’t get that part through her head. That seems to be an issue for most people who don’t lift. They just see the posing and think that’s the only thing that drives us in ego. But that’s a debate for another time.
I also had to tell her “it’s not about you, I’m not doing this to look good for you, I do this for myself” fuck!

so anyway she “had to go, things to do”
I’m still fairly confident that she’ll come round after realizing I’m not gonna stop, not yet at least, and if she wants to be with me she’ll have to deal with it.
The mean streak could be just the beginning....

Have you ever had a girlfriend demand you stop using? What did you do? Would you quit all usage for the right girl?

My current girlfriend has done just this. We’ve only been together for a couple months but we’ve felt like we’re supposed to be together. We’re completely crazy for each other And already talking about our future together. She is completely shut off from the idea of steroids and will not even discuss it. She’s flat out given me an ultimatum, if I keep using steroids she’s out. I definitely don’t want to lose her but I’m finding the decision to do as she asks really hard. I’ve made more gains in the last 3 cycles over the last year and a bit than I did in the last ten years and really don’t want to stop now.
I also really do not want a relationship based on lies so I wouldn’t use behind her back.

I think the thing I’m finding harder than actually stopping steroids is just the fact that I’d be buckling to demands.
I do not like being told what I can and cannot do and I definitely hate being given a threatening ultimatum. It makes me question what else will it be in the future?!
Was in this situation once, learned to not bring up I use steroids, I then understood why people claim natty

^It would be hard to hide it if/when you both decide to live together. When that time comes my advice is to not hide anything, no matter how trivial it may seem to you, or how easy you think it may be to hide. No matter how good you think you are at hiding things, one day you'll slip up. Everyone does.

Good luck explaining Tren cough;)

^It would be hard to hide it if/when you both decide to live together. When that time comes my advice is to not hide anything, no matter how trivial it may seem to you, or how easy you think it may be to hide. No matter how good you think you are at hiding things, one day you'll slip up. Everyone does.

Good luck explaining Tren cough;)
In a safe with key and combo.