Gentle cycle and 3-day split workout routine advice.

IMO 2nd one for sure. Not just for the 8 weeks, it may well suit you for ever. It has an added, maybe not so obvious advantage over the first one in that the occasional planned or unplanned messed workout is not gonna be a big deal. My personal fav split runs over 10 days with different bodyparts getting different frequencies.

Also IMO - Some abs/core everyday (no need for big volume each day just intensity and seeking mind/muscle connection and control) with wide variety of movements. Yes, abs are "made in the kitchen" but I feel that too many guys neglect the building muscle part. If you got nothing between your chest and your dick that catches some light, flexes and "pops" there is nothing to see. There is a lot more going on in the midsection besides just the Rectus Abdominis. If lean a well developed set of serratus and obliques can frame the abs nicely. Kind of like how some hot shiny mags can make an average car look like something a bit more special.

Not pertaining to your stated goals in this thread necessarily but get to know John Meadows, Probably the best if I was forced to pick just one. Free content on Youtube is amazing.

Thanks... I’m going to follow this advice and definitely look up John Meadows tonight. And I’ll give the abs some extra attention... after all it is “6-Pack by 60”.

...and @Oldguyjiujitsu ... I will follow plan B but stretch it over 9-10 days. I know my body and my high workout intensity will appreciate the extra rest days.

I will definitely post pictures mid-November. This will be the most intense I’ve ever worked out.

We have a very supportive community here at CB!